Indy, My Little Old Whippet Man

dante2zoe

It is with a broken heart that I wanted to let you know that my sweet little old man has left me. I unexpectedly lost Dante to OS 3 weeks earlier. Dante was Indy’s mentor (for lack of a better word) and Indy grieved and deteriorated after Dante’s passing. Two weeks ago, he fell while I was at work, injuring himself (including his head) in the process. He was unable to recover and lost his balance and ability to walk with any stability. At 15.5, of which 4.5 years were with me, it was time to let him go find Dante.

Indy had to wait 11 years to find his forever home, but I believe I made the wait worthwhile. His passing leaves a huge hole in my heart and a legion of supporters who also mourn his passing. He was able to crawl under your skin and into your heart with his soulful look. Zoe is in a big funk – losing her 2 cohorts in less than a month has taken a toll on my bossy, bitchy girl.

His best legacy? He was so very loved and he knew it. Thankfully, his passing was peaceful – on my lap with his head on my chest. He left my life in the position in which he arrived. While I am devastated, even knowing this was just around the corner, I am happy that he is whole again, straining to chase the rabbits and relying on Dante showing him the best places to pee. His mind was willing; his body was not.

Run free, Boo, and wait for me.

Cindy

deweyspring2012123.jpg

IMG_2526a-1.jpg

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indy had to wait 11 years to find his forever home, but I believe I made the wait worthwhile.

There's no doubt about that, Cindy. I'm sorry that your heart is broken again so soon after losing Dante.

Godspeed, Indy.

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

cindy, i'm so sorry to hear that his day has come. thank you for giving him the life he surely deserved, and thank you for introducing him (as well as dante, zoe, maverick, and goose) to me and letting me photograph all of them at gettysburg.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Guest RiverCityGang

Cindy, I'm so sorry Indy had to leave you. I am glad I had a chance to see him at GIG this year. Your love and devotedness to Indy encouraged me to bring my own little old man home a week ago. Henry is a Hairless Chinese Crested who will be 13 in October. He is 10.5 pounds and has one tooth remaining. Spent 10 years breeding in a puppy mill, then 3 years in foster care. I would be lying if I said that your little Indy didn't influence me a great deal when I made the decision to go to Ohio and bring Henry home with us for the remainder of his life.

I will miss hearing about Indy , but I know that he and Dante will have a great time now, playing together. I hope it helps some knowing that little Indy doesn't have to be alone.

Cindy, so very very sorry. Losing two so close together really hurts and Indy was a true sweetheart. I love the pics of him.

Run free Indy, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm sorry to hear this. I teared up reading about him and seeing his handsome face. I'm glad he went in your lap, surrounded by your love. I'm sure he and Dante are busy not only peeing in the best spots, and rolling in the best grass, but watching over you and sending their love.

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

I'm so very sorry. :grouphug

:gh_run

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

That sweet old face. Cindy, I am so sorry Indy had to leave you so soon to be with Dante. He will send you a sign that he arrived safely, I'm sure of it. He loved you so much, both of your boys did. :grouphug :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Whippets are special kids, and it sounds like your Indy was a true love.

Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest cashie

I'm so sorry for both of your losses so close together. You must be heartbroken. Its obvious you loved him dearly and gave him a wonderful life. May it bring you peace knowing that Dante and Indy are together again.

Hugs.

Cindy, we are all missing our dear, sweet, unofficial Club mascot! How we loved to hear about your crew and all their assorted life adventures.

Run free Indy!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Indy if bravery & a stong life force determined size you would have been a giant

Rest well & go hang out with Dante

Dapne & Caroline

Edited by sabrina

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina