My Dreamer Is Gone...

Guest alwy151

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my. I can only imagine how heartbroken you are and how much you must miss her. I'm so sorry for your loss. As others have said, it is very obvious how much you loved her

and how much she loved you and your DH. It's so unfair-she was much too young. Godspeed, Dreamer.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I'm so sorry for your sudden and shocking loss.

Godspeed, precious girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh I'm so very sorry. The first girl I lost was only 5. Even though that was 12 yrs ago, it still bothers me. I will always feel cheated.

The shortest time I had a grey was 18 days. That was earlier this month.

I have a total of 6 greys at the Bridge now, and it hurt just as bad for every one of them. Whether I had them 18 days or 11 and 1/2 yrs. Whether they were 5 or 15.

Dream sounded like a very special girl. There will always be a special place in your heart for her.

:grouphug

How tragic. I am so very sorry.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest PiagetsMom

I lost my sweet girl, Piaget, suddenly and much too young as well......I know how hard it is and my heart goes out to you.

You were lucky to have had her love these last 3 years, and she was lucky to have had yours. Dreamer was a beautiful girl, and I know how much you'll miss her. I'm so very sorry :grouphug

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 Your precious girl left much too soon.

Godspeed Dreamer.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

My heart is breaking for you. You're living everyone's worst nightmare, and it's normal to feel such pain and guilt. It's clear how much you loved her, and that you would have done anything to keep her safe. But some things are beyond our control, so please try not to blame yourself. Take time to process such a sudden loss---the grieving will be doubly hard.

You are wise to come out of lurking mode at this difficult time---everyone here can understand how you are feeling. Please know that we share your sadness.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Dreamer.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

My heart is breaking for you. You're living everyone's worst nightmare, and it's normal to feel such pain and guilt. It's clear how much you loved her, and that you would have done anything to keep her safe. But some things are beyond our control, so please try not to blame yourself. Take time to process such a sudden loss---the grieving will be doubly hard.

You are wise to come out of lurking mode at this difficult time---everyone here can understand how you are feeling. Please know that we share your sadness.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Dreamer.

Nancy said this better than I could have. I'm so sorry for your loss, and please take care of yourself. :grouphug

Godspeed Dreamer, beautiful girl.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I am very sorry for your sudden loss of Dreamer. Losing a pup that way and such a young age is truly heartbreaking.

Run free Dreamer, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm so very sorry for your loss of Dreamer. She sounds like such a wonderful pup and how very much you loved her. I lost Maggie April 3 almost the same way and I understand how terrible this is to lose one any way but this way is so very hard. I too had the same thoughts of could I, should I have, what if but I know in my heart there was nothing I could have done. Altho we had a second grey, we were all so terribly lonely that we took in a pair of bounces just two weeks later. I absolutely miss my girl every day so very much, but adding two wonderful dogs who needed a home together has helped with the healing. Hold on to your wonderful memories of Dreamer. I am glad you came to GT with this~~I don't know people personally but the outpouring of support and understanding was what I needed when I was in your situation. No one understands quite like these fellow greyhound people.

Run free, Dreamer.

I'm so sorry. I know how much it hurts. You are in my thoughts.

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

My heart is breaking for you and your husband. Dreamer sounds like a wonderful girl. She was certainly beautiful. Try to remember that all she knew with you was love. Try, too, not to beat yourself up, whatever took her from you happened so fast you could not have changed the course of it.

Run free, Dreamer.

I am so sorry for your loss. Losing one young just ate through my soul......

Take comfort in the fact that you had three wonderful years together - and that she opened your world to these beautiful hounds.

Additionally, as hard as it is to have them pass the way she did (.....my Jack died in my arms convulsing from fever) I desperately tried to remind myself - and still do....that the last faces he saw were DH's and mine.....(and DH's grey, EZ)....so like Jack, your Dreamer passed to the bridge seeing only faces of love around her.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :grouphug

:gh_run2

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown