Bert

mychip1

I am posting this on behalf of our friends, Deb and Al.

Just over a month ago, I posted about the loss of their seven year old hound, Allie. It was very unexpected.

Sadly, today, I received news that their boy Bert (who just turned 13 last month) left for the bridge.

I distincly remember meeting Bert at a greyhound reunion in 2008. He was one of those hounds who had a face that spoke to all who looked at him. People gravitated towards Bert.

Deb and Al brought Bert into their lives after he had bounced. He was a senior hound - and what always amazed me was that the more time that he spent with Deb and Al, the younger and healthier he looked. We are all grateful to them for sharing their wonderful boy with us.

Bert was so special locally, that he was crowned the first annual "king" at the reunion here in Rhode Island.

This first picture is of Bert dressed for a costume class as Mr. Spock. That is my boy Jack with him. I know Jack was waiting at the Bridge today to meet Bert.

BurtandJack.jpg

Here is Bert (with the crown on) with EZ and Jack at the Columbus Day parade. As the "king" he led the greyhound group for the march...

jackezbert.jpg

Here is Bert with his sister Allie and his parents...

debandalanniversay.jpg

And finally, this picture, sadly, I posted in Allie's rememberence thread just a few weeks back...but it says all you need to know about Bert and how good he made everyone in his life feel.

burtandalisleeping.jpg

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Sounds like Bert was a very special guy.

Run free Bert. f_yellow

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Together again, best buds, both so beautiful. Thank you for posting this, R, my sympathies to Bert's family and all of his friends. :grouphug

Godspeed Bert, you were a greyt dog. :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Obviously handsome and well-loved. Deepest sympathy to Bert's family.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

I am sorry for your friends, Deb and Al, and you too Robin. I remember your post of the passing of Allie suddenly and now Bert has left to join her. I am sure they are grieving so please let them know we all grieve along with them. Bert looks like a real special boy.

Run free Bert, run free and go find Allie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest PiagetsMom

I think I may have missed Allie's thread, and I'm sorry for that. It's so sad to lose pups so close together - I know everyone must be heartbroken. I'm so very sorry :grouphug

please pass along our condolences :( that's too many in a such a short time :(:cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Please give out condolences to your friends.

Bert was obviously well loved and a wonderful hound.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Robin, please let Al and Deb know that we are so very sorry. I simply cannot imagine the depth of their loss. What a handsome boy.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm so sorry for your friends' losses. How terribly sad to lose a pup, but to lose 2 so close together...so painful

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm so sorry for your friends' (and your) loss. A special boy indeed.

Run with the wind, Bert.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

We lost our first two greys very close together. It is a huge hole to fill in your heart. I am so sorry for your friends' losses. Bert looked like a sweet boy.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds