Steak's Seizures

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping everyone got lots of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Hope everyone got some sleep last night, Beth.

Edited by turbotaina

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Eg, sleep is over rated right? :lol. No seizures but steak was up and down all night. And since about 4am he has been extra whiney and talkative. I thought he was just hungary so I fed him early but now he is pacing and whining.

He is a trooper about the pills. He took them all with such ease this morning. I split them up and just pilled him twice.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

No seizures is good. Very good. Hope he settles soon.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Glad y'all made it through the night OK, lack of sleep notwithstanding.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

It's been 24 hours now. We hit that mark about 12:30 last night. :)

He finally settled, well, I finally just picked him up and put him on his side to lay down. He's sleeping right now.

:yay for 24 hours of no seizures. Hope you can grab a nap. You know I approve of naps. ;)

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

That is one day without seizures, that is a good start!!! We'll keep our fingers crossed for more days like that.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

It's great that he's been without seizures for 24 hours - that's a big step (IMHO) considering how he was clustering. I think the next milestone the experts would look for is 48 hours (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

Hope you get a chance to take a nap and rest

Thank goodness that cluster is over. He may be feeling the side effects of the new medications so he may be antsy and whiny but his body will adjust. Just stock up on some wine so you can deal with his whining. Hopefully you will see good results from this drug combination. You may have to adjust the dosage a little here and there but hopefully you're on your way to getting him under some semblance of control.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Counting up to 48, then 72, 96, 120, 144, 168............well, you get the idea. Hope Steak starts adjusting to the meds so you can get some uninterrupted sleep. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Javasmom

:yay :yay Woohoo for 24 hours seizure free!!! :yay :yay

I do remember my parents' dog being disoriented when he started the meds too. They do eventually adjust.

Curious, how are the other dogs reacting to him?

Glad to hear no seizures :yay Hope you can get some rest :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

The other dogs are a bit confused too. In fact Carmen and Blu have both growled at him today :( So I am keeping a very close eye on him and the others. Steak is very disoriented and has forgotten the fact that he is potty trained dry.gif. I don't blame him but it is feeling like having a puppy in the house again.