Steak's Seizures

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:yay :yay :confetti Wonderful news! :confetti:yay :yay

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Just a quick note, you mentioned his appetite is down - that is a side effect of the Zonisamide - you might want to make a note to talk to the neurologist about it.

Interesting!

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Just a quick note, you mentioned his appetite is down - that is a side effect of the Zonisamide - you might want to make a note to talk to the neurologist about it.

Interesting!

Lucy's neurologist gave me a list of all the side effects - another side effect is being "too clingy".

Guest LindsaySF

Interesting!

The inappetance on Zonisamide was mentioned earlier in this thread too. Sophie had the same side effect, but it went away in a few weeks. Her neuro said it's very common.

Guest mcsheltie

From a selfish standpoint I am sooo glad I haven't been on GT while this was happening. I read thru all of it last night, scrolling fast with my heart in my throat as I came to each update.

I am so happy I am able to send congrats!!!

Sorry Lindsey, I must have forgotten.

He is clingy but really he has always been. :wub:

Sorry Lindsey, I must have forgotten.

He is clingy but really he has always been. :wub:

I was going to post earlier that it wasn't possible for him to be more clingy, in a good way. ;) I would insert a picture of him sitting in your lap like a baby at Dewey if I had one handy. :lol

And you don't need to apologize for missing a small detail in a whole slew of posts you were reading through when you were sleep derived and incredibly worried about your boy!

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I'm not surprised that Steak's appetite might be down, especially if he's on the Zoni.....it made me nauseated when I started taking it for my migraines. The feeling should go away with time....I think it took about a month or so for it to go away with me.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

First let me say THANK YOU for posting the video. It is very educational to actually see a seizure. While it may not be "easy" to watch, it is something that everyone should see and understand what to expect and how to react. I know your road has been very difficult, I am glad to see that things are getting better. You are wonderful.

Chad

Aww Chad! Thank you.

Sooo, this Saturday will be one month seizure free!!!!

He is doing exceptionally well. He is smiling at me everyday now and I love it! He even played with a stuffy. He hasn't done that in over a year!

That's aewsome Beth! Looks like you finally found the right combination of drugs. I'm thrilled for you and wish Steak many more weeks seizure free!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

This makes me smile :) So happy that your big goofy boy has come back to you :wub:

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

That is all great news Beth. So happy for you and Steak.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

We'll keep our fingers and toes crossed that Saturday will arrive and Steak will be seizure-free for a month.

At that point, you might want to talk to the neurologist and get a list of all the side effects of the medicines that he's on. From talking to Lucy's neurologist, if there are side effects, it's usually a simple matter to adjust medicines to keep them to a minimum.

So happy to hear that Steak is seizure free and back to himself! Does this mean that we can see pictures of him again?

Oh, boy! Pictures! Yes, please - when can we see more pictures? So glad he's doing so well! Hope this is just the beginning of many more seizure free days ahead!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead