Steak's Seizures

Guest cristaron

Sending my best wishes possible for you and your boy Beth.

Don't ever second guess yourself or what you're doing. You're

doing all the right things possible.

This seizure thing is just so unpredictable and every dog needs

a different protocol. It will just be a matter of figuring out

what is going to work for Steak and help him.

A new day with a different neuro and I'm hoping with all I

have that everything will change now for the better.

Hang in there honey, you're a good mama to your boy.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beth, you're not doing anything wrong. Hopefully, all the other posters' stories have shown you how hard it is to find the best management protocol. You will all be in my thoughts today. :bighug

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

Guest PiagetsMom

Such a rough day and night.....I'm so sorry :( I so hope that the new doctor you're seeing today can help you and Steak. I'll be thinking of ya'll today and sending many good thoughts your way :grouphug

0af0a343.jpg

I'm headed to pick up Steak and take him over to the neuro vets office right now.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Aw, Beth, I'm so sorry you guys are going through all of this. Hoping the new neuro can work something out for you :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Sending healing energy to Steak and strength to Beth. :grouphug :grouphug

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

my heart goes out to you both!!! :hope :hope :hope

I can't tell you how hard I'm praying this gets figured out, and quickly. Sending TONS of hugs to Steak and you. :grouphug :grouphug

I asked Rainey last night to watch over Steak :( :(

Edited by RaineysMom

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

So sorry to see how much you and Steak are struggling. I hope the new neuro vet can help Steak out :grouphug

DynamoandElenasignature.jpg

Tamara with Aragorn the crazy cat, Fawkes the OTTB, and always missing Elena (Rapido Elena - Rapido Ebony x Quiet Traveler 9/11/02-11/14/12) and Dynamo (Dotties Dynamo - Gable Dodge x Geez Darla 3/27/2001-7/21/2012). I hope doggie heaven is paved with peanut butter and the bunnies are slow. Run free and happy.

Oh sweet Steak. You sweet boy. Sending hugs and prayers to all of you Beth. :grouphug

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest RiverCityGang

Prayers for all of you, Beth. I hope a new doctor can help bring Steak's seizures under control.

Beth, you are NOT doing anything wrong. It's a hard, hard thing to figure out and get under control. You are doing everything you can to help your boy. Don't second guess or beat yourself up. You are a great mom to your dogs. Just remember that when you are feeling down on yourself. Hugs to all of you !

Oh, doG. This is enough to rip your heart out. I hope you can feel the love and support of GT...............as someone said earlier, you have always been so supportive of everyone else. Please take comfort that you are not alone - many, many are praying for you and Steak; just wish we could be of more help. Please don't beat yourself up - save your strength for Steak - he needs your love, support and strength to pull out of this. Hopefully the new neuro will be able to come up with the right combination for him. Sending prayers.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I have no experience with any of this but I wanted to add that I've been following the thread and like everyone else am full of concern for Steak and you and your family and am sending good thoughts and best wishes. So hoping the new neurologist inspires confidence and trust.

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Oh no Beth, I am just catching up on everything that's happened since yesterday evening. I can't say anything more than what Christie did, you are doing everything you can for Steak and we know that. :grouphug

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

:grouphug Beth :grouphug Be positive - this new neuro will treat aggressively and you'll get you Steaky back! :goodluck

Maureen, Sean, Molly (Garnett Madonna) and Sully (Starz Top Style)

gallery_1382_2909_6961.jpg

Visit LongDog Leather Works for adjustable leather martingales, wrap around leather tag bags, breakaway tag necklaces and cool leather people gear. Check out our Etsy store!