Turbo

turbotaina

I have tried multiple times to write a fitting tribute to my boy, who left us quite suddenly on Saturday. Nothing I can say is adequate. He was just the best dog in the world. I'll try to post pics and write something more suitable later.

In the meantime, this is how I will always remember him and when it comes my time to die, I hope this is the first thing I see:

JanuaryTurbo021.jpg

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so very sorry!! :( :( :(:cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Turbo was a great dog, we will miss him as well. (((hugs))) to you and Mitch.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Oh, my. This has been a terrible week here for losses.

I am so sad and sorry to read that Turbo is gone. He had such spirit.

Say not in grief, "he is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was. ~ Hebrew proverb

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Much sorrow for Turbo's passing, and much love to you, my friend. I miss him too. :bighug

post-4518-0-36248700-1309369312_thumb.jpg

This was Adrienne's pic of Turbo shamelessly begging for my turkey sausage at breakfast in Rehoboth last fall.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Oh, no! My heart sank when I saw his name. Though I didn't know him well, I've always thought of Turbo as larger than life---in his beauty, his joy, in the love the two of you shared. I know your heart is breaking, and we are sharing your sadness.

I'm so, so sorry you lost your precious boy.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Oh, no! I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Turbo. And you are absolutely right...what better sight to see than Turbo running toward you to greet you one day.

:grouphug

Edited by fsugrad

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

meredith, i too hope that it's the first thing you see. man, what a picture of joy that is. you and mitch are in our thoughts.

gayle and i commented at dewey last year when she met him for the first time that he reminded us in many ways of our alex, as they are both white and our first greyhounds.

turbo looking out your front door at the drizzly afternoon after GIG:

201105010190-1-S.jpg

...and at last year's GIG:

848510846_HaZXp-S.jpg

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

You couldn't have said it better Meredith. He was so loved.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

There is a huge, Turbo-shaped, hole in our world. I'm so terribly sorrow for your loss. :bighug

Who is this person, and WHAT is he doing on my BED??? :lol:weep

DSC_0070.JPG

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

:grouphug

I have yet to write Neyla's remembrance so I understand the struggle.

There is no doubt Turbo was a special dog, with a huge personality and a not to be topped love of both couches and food. He will be so missed. :cry1

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Oh, Meredith, I'm so sorry.

:f_pink

Donna

PS Regarding your wish I'm quite sure it will come true. A friend's aunt was terminally ill with cancer. Her heart stopped and they revived her, as she had always been very afraid of dying. But when she woke up, she was angry that they had revived her. She explained that her little French Poodle, FiFi I believe, was on the other side madly licking her face, so happy to see her once again. She asked that she be allowed to go the next time something happened and her family agreed. Since my BFF told me that story, it's allowed me to be sure that my pups will be there to meet me, as I'm sure Turbo and all your others will for you too.

ETA for emoti malfunction.

Edited by DaisyDoodle

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Where's the picture of him, sleeping on me while I was sleeping on the couch at Sandy Paws? :)

I don't there has been a dog that loved a couch more:

2939084060_ea39308943.jpg

1284296703.jpg

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire