Neyla

I'm sorry you're having to face this difficult decision. My prayers and thoughts will be with you both tomorrow. Bless you for giving her

a great life filled with love and devotion.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My heart goes out to you during this very, very difficult time. You've been blessed by the time you have together. Thank you for sharing the pictures, she is so clearly loved, what a beautiful little girl.

:bighug

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest Pat2003

Jen, you have done an amazing job with Neyla from adoption through the last 7 months. She was a lucky pup and you were lucky to have had her. Enjoy this last day and may the memories of all the wonderful thinks that you did together live in your heart forever. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

:grouphug I've been in this place before and it just breaks your heart

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

grouphug.gif I'm so sorry your journey with Neyla is coming to an end. From reading your posts, it sounds like you've tried to do everything in your power to make sure Neyla's last months with you were as enjoyable and pain-free as possible. That's a tremendous gift in itself.

Please know I'll be thinking about you both today.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Beautiful Neyla. :brokenheart:grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Oh, Jen, what a sad holiday this will be without your precious girl. But no matter when the day comes that you have to say good-bye, it still breaks your heart. Surely you know that so many hearts are breaking with yours, and you will be in our thoughts and prayers. As we've travelled this journey with you both, we've seen how strong your love and determination are. You took the saddest of diagnoses and fought the monster with courage, knowledge, compassion and unselfishness. Neyla couldn't have had a better, more loving Mom.

You know I'm in Pittsburgh. Please let me know if you need a Greyhound fix while you're here. :grouphug

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Jen, I was so hoping that you and Neyla would be able to see the New Year. Thank you for posting those beautiful photos of Neyla - she is beautifiul. Rest assured that you and Neyla will be in our thoughts and prayers. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Thank you for sharing Neyla's pictures - she is a lovely girl, and lucky to have you as a mom. Love and hugs to you both from Texas.

Lin, with Nick the Greyhound
Missing my girls Nadia, Tallulah, Cinderella, and my heart-dog Alexa, and my precious boys Twister, Loki, and Kevin

I'm so sorry. Many of us have had to make these decisions and they are never easy no matter how much advance time you have. Peace to you and yours.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Neyla's spirit just shines in those pictures. You have been the most wonderful caretaker and loving "parent" she could hope to have had. You have been inspiring through this whole journey with your girl. I am holding you both close in my heart and thoughts.