Bay

greyhounds1234

I don't even know where to start. I lost Bay 10/25 to osteo. I didn't want her to leave and I think all things considered, she didn't want to leave me.

Bay came to our house as our very first foster...and I wasn't going to fail fostering the first time out. She was thin, covered in huge clumps of ticks and just pretty sad looking. She didn't particularly want to be touched and certainly not hugged. I think it was mostly because of the sores from the ticks. Certainly understandable.

After being here for a few weeks, she and male were adopted by a couple from Arkansas. Through tears, I promised her she always had a home with us and if things didn't work out for her, she could come back. Well, the couple who adopted the 2 dogs decided that greyhounds didn't fit into their lifestyle and Bay came back to live with us within a month. She walked back in like she never had left. She was home and she knew it.

Bay attached herself to me. She would always stand between me and anyone else who came in the house. She was the one who pushed the other dogs out of the way to greet me first whenever I'd come home...or for that matter just come inside from being outside...didn't matter...I was out of her sight and she wanted to let me know I was missed.

Whenever she came in from outside, she'd come find me. If she knew I was home, she'd nearly panic if she couldn't find me in the house. She was my constant companion.

No matter what time of night I'd go to bed, she'd wait up for me and we'd walk down the hall together to the bedroom. We had a routine, Bay and I. Every night for years, when I got ready to head for bed, I'd turn off the lights, computer and whatever else was on and I'd head for the bathroom. Once she heard the flush, she knew it was time for her to get up and we'd head for the bedroom. If she didn't hear the flush, she wouldn't get up. She was a hoot.

She was always so sweet to our cats. They could crawl over her, lay with her, bite at her tail and she never grumped at them. The squirrels in the yard were fair game for her and she'd throw it into turbo charge and give chase. Caught 4 one winter and she was so proud of herself. She was just a very mellow and bomb proof dog unless there were squirrels involved.

I can't even begin to describe how much I loved her and I'm pretty darned sure it was mutual. We were so fortunate to have her for nearly 8 years but it wasn't long enough. She was a special one.

post-7960-008980300 1288241985_thumb.jpg

Mom to BridgeGreys~~STORM 07/99-02/08/11, VICKI 12/15/00-01/12/11, BAY 02/00-10/25/10 and CASHEW 10/99-2/23/10

and cats ~~ IRISH, MUMBLES, MUFFIN, TJ, PUNKIN and Bridge cats SARAH (07/29/97-07/07/06) and BRIE (04/11/96-01/22/12)

a very lively Whippet, OLIVIA and JAKE, the Iggy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So very beautiful, too. Hugs to you.

Godspeed, precious girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest PhillyPups

I am so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful, sweet Bay. There are no words to ease the pain. :bighug

Run with the angels sweet Bay, you are with the very very best ~

Thank you for sharing her with us. I am so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

What a beautiful tribute to your best friend. I'm so sorry for your loss. As I was once told, missing someone is a way of keeping them with us, even when they are not. :grouphug

Godspeed sweet Bay :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Bay was a very special girl who built a very special bond with you. I am so very sorry that you lost her so soon. Another beautiful pup lost because of this disease.

Run free Bay, run free... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Beautiful girl and very moving tribute. I am so sorry for your loss.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Lovely tribute for a special, beautiful girl. Rest in the arms of the angels Bay.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Your tribute was so beautiful...as was she...I'm so sorry for your loss.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Bay.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so sorry for the loss of your partner in life, Bay. From your tribute, it is clear what a special girl she was.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.