WFUBCC #231 - Dog Days of Summer

21 hours ago, macoduck said:

I wrote up my adventures in caterpillaring for writing class and each of us there read our story aloud. Not too far into reading mine the teacher (retired Marine, retired school teacher) started rolling her eyes, shaking her head, and saying nooooooo. She did see the humor it

If you're going to run a caterpillar ranch, there should be a lot of side-splitting anecdotes to tell ;)

Jerilyn, did someone check your friend's closet for portraits?

Kathy, it looks like you and Jim just missed the houndies in Toronto!  But at least you're home safe.

Ah happy houndies greeting their mommas. :wub:  When I come in from the garage, I look for little white toes just visible in the hallway.  It's not as dramatic as having Charlie slam into bounce up against me, but I'll take it.

Jupiter has decided he's afraid of the kitchen floor but only after our post-nap walk when it's time for his dental chew (which he LOVES).  Truthfully, the floor can be slippery for wet houndie paws but he'll come into the kitchen any other time. :youcrazy

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Cool 11C    :coffee

Ivy & Cherry will be so happy :)

Boring day here.  Ride. Pick up glasses. Read. 

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Gud Woesday! Remembering those who were lost on that awful day...

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Bitzi, I hope your street gets finished ASAP so you don't hab noise and barriers and prolly weird smells too. 

Miss Patsy, I'm so sorry that you lost someone you respected and cared about. :kiss2

Miss Kerry, I'm so glad that Merlin visited you in your dreams wif happiness and lub.  :wub:  I bet he knew you were under too much pressure at werk and were stressed and exhausted and he came to give you a special reminder ob how wonderful you are. :kiss2

Tiller gets a slumber party wif the Aussie hounds!  And there won't be a hurricane dropping by as well! :yay 

Oh, Miss Jerilyn, what heartbreaking news about 2 young "old" friends.  I'm so sorry. :grouphug  Miss Kerry is so right about how arbitrary and fragile life is. :kiss2

Miss Kathy, I'm glad you are home and can get your girls today.
What a difficult memory of working so hard to save your father and then losing him. :grouphug

Aw, lookit Sadie coming to cheer us all wif her snoot!

Jupiter, your theme song should be Born to Be Bad like me! 

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Gud morning.  Mama sez dis iz a somber day.

Oh...so much sadness a frenz lost.....

Mam....mama sez it iz awful to be wart weeing abowt hays.

Tiller!  Ah bet yu are da bestest host!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

If you're going to run a caterpillar ranch, there should be a lot of side-splitting anecdotes to tell    We see what you did there :lol

Miss Jennie

• Haha 1

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Speaking of how fragile & arbitrary life is .  today is 9/11 over 2000 people woke  up that morning, went to work  & didnt see the end of the day :standard

Tilller how did you & your house guests do last night.  Do they have funny voices ?

Our cupboard needs restocking so mom is off to the grocery store & I am off to  hap.

Bitzi

ps ignore the line . I dont iknow how it got there &  I dont know how to fiz it.

Edited by sabrina

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Oh, Bitzi...so tROO...an da arbitrary part iz wuz always takes mama.....why wun hooman changed a ROOtine dat dey an libbed wile anudder went DED. Sumtimes wen sumfin delays her beefoor she goze sumweer - an she starts getting noyed, she reminds herownself da fur gud or fur bad, deer iz a reezun why she iz KNOT on da rode at da eggsact moment she wud habz been.

• Like 1

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Caroline, are you posting from your phone, computer, or laptop? 

B    U   S        <--- at the top of the comment box.

Somehow you have touched that S with the line through it. You can click on it and drag your mouse/cursor backwards to make it go away. Or erase it all and retype, making sure that the S isn't activated.

Noah's vet visit went well this morning. Since he is getting a dental next month my vet requires all (non-emergency) surgical patients to have had the Bordetella vax.  We reviewed what we've tried so far for his itchy-itchies.  Not trying Apoquel again. Didn't help and cost way too much. We will now do a one month trial with Atopica (clyclosporine) and Ketoconazole, both of which works differently than Apoquel.  Bonus points for being much cheaper!

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Hello my Friendlies!!

WE HAD RAININGS LAST NITE!!!!  It's so nice and cool outside!!!  And everything gotted watered some - not much cause it wasn't very much rainings, but Momma won't hafta use the springlers for a few days!!  We mite hafta turn the hot air blower on for Daddy tho!!  :eek  

Miss Ducky, have you thotted about what Mister Noah is eating??  Repeating skin itchies can be food related too.  :kiss2  Or something your lawn guy put on the grass??  Or even just a grass allergy??  Or something from the wild space behind yourown house like poison ivy??

Miss Bitzi, how's your street today??

Hahaha!!!  Mister Jupiter is breaking laws and taking names!!!  :lol  Are you getting essited for yourown trip Miss Lizabeth??  :pepper 

More shopping at Miss Kathy's house!!!  I bet it's gonna be a wild time when those girlies come home!! :bounce2 

Miss Loosy, how's your back today??  

Mam, you know we all wanna see what your new glasses look like.   Cause that's how we roll!!!  ;)  

Momma's got some inside chorings to do, and maybe a couppla outside ones if it's not raining when we go o-u-t.  Plus also, probly emergency groshrees, even tho it's all non-food items she needs!!  :rolleyes:  Maybe something delivered for luntsch.  I never know!  :dunno 

Wishings for a winsome Windsday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

The G(Gabe)UR is underway!!  He's on his way to Pittsburgh now, ETA around 3:00--3:30, and we will meet Cindy and David in Donegal.

• Like 7

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

THANKS  Miss Ducky, mom found the U & hit it now the line is gone.

Our street is fine &  so smoooth. In fact Mr K who walks his little, very little dog while on a skate board was seen going down the street with his dog in his arms.

Tiller glad to hear that hurricane has decided not to visit you,

Bitzi hoping when she checks in this evening Gabe will be home , Let the fun begin.

Bitzi 

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

We are home!   :yay :yay :yay   We did habs lots ob fun at Miss Amanda’s wif her houndies but we were soooooo eggsited to see Momma and Daddy :offwall:bounce:offwall  We were jumping and wiggling everywhere!   Then Momma loaded all our stuff in the car and we got our pikkie taken and we JUMPED into the car and came home!  After they had lunch we went for a Wiki Walkie so we were able to catch up on all the neighborhood happenings.   It is so good to be home! :D

Ivy 

• Like 4

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Miss Ducky, have you thotted about what Mister Noah is eating??  Repeating skin itchies can be food related too.  :kiss2  Or something your lawn guy put on the grass??  Or even just a grass allergy??  Or something from the wild space behind yourown house like poison ivy??

No lawn chemicals ever used here, with the except of treating individual fire ant hills with a liquid that goes deeper into their ant cave below the surface. There's occasional poison ivy on the fence but I snip that off. We discussed food today but changing the protein won't work here cuz Mr Ducky buys all kinds of junk cookies and doles out way too many of them all day long. :angry:

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

9 hours ago, palmettobug said:

Gud Woesday! Remembering those who were lost on that awful day...

Here, in Florida, they don't teach about 9/11 in school because ca1a20_6b61872957eb4ef6975f247ba51858c5~  it upsets some people. :headwall

Gabe is on the way! :banana   I can't wait to hear the stories. :hehe

I pulled out a possible set of clothes for Maine and... one again.... everything is black.  Back to the drawing board. <_<

• Confused 1

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Ducky, sounds like someone else needs some rule-boundaries-limitations.

Elizabeth, some people need a swift kick in the unmentionables. 

• Like 1

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Gabe!! :beatheart

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

They wanted a picture of Gabe with his new family, so I took several in Donegal.  I thought this was so cute because of the way they are all looking at each other.  He is adorable!  Stunningly beautiful, of course, and a sweet, gentle soul.  He and Kiva were so lovely together. Cindy will tell you more of his and Lacy's escapades when she has had some rest.  She's had a busy week!  :nod

• Like 2

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Miss Nancy were so glad you were able to take little Mister Gabe to hisown new forever home!!!  Everybody looks so happy!!!  :beatheart

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

:coffee Good morning!

I LUBS that pikkie ob Gabe wif Miss Cindy and Misser David! :beatheart :beatheart 
We can’t wait to hear how his homecoming was!

I hope eberywon has a gud day.

Ivy 

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.