WFUBCC #231 - Dog Days of Summer

Glad to here you have no after effects from your  spill yesterdsy Miss Jen

Ms Lucy what about you ?  Back feeling better ?

Wishing all sweet dreams,  Bitzi 

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

I would say stoned and pissed. 🤣

Yea for sticking that landing!  The phrase in my household is "were your toes pointed?"

Safe travels to everybuddy.  I so hope Jim can have a calm time.

You can all have a good laugh at my expense.  I realized whilst standing in Target today I had never ever in my life bought a lampshade and didn't know what to look for  🤪😵‍💫  I grabbed something that looked about the same as the dead one on my headboard.  Turns out I should have looked inside since not all lampshade insides are the same.  No knew?  Obviously knot me.  So now I have to go back to Target tomorrow to return the first one and hopefully get a proper replacement.  🙄

Have a safe long weekend everybuddy.  

• Haha 1

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Cindy, I think if you keep it dry and sealed in a bag, it should be good until y'all get the first hard frost.     OK, I do KNOT want to know anything about whatever this is :yikes :eek :unsure

Miss Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Yes, my toes were pointed, I am a former tumbler/low level gymnast after all :lol:

As you all know, madre is difficult.  I emailed her today and asked her if she could remember i have limited free time,  I'm happy to help, and perhaps she could be polite and kind  instead of beng rude if I don't jump high enough or fast enough? I have a full time job/home/dogs and i cant be available 24/7. And that my step bro can help, too. The last time I called her out on her behavior, she didn't respond with any politeness at all. I don't have high hopes but it needed to be said. 

Edited by Jenbo
  • Like 1

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

I did present this to her as, I don't understand the tension here or why you're irritated or annoyed, please help me understand. :dunno

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

I was talking about Fizzy's SERESTO, not Gabe's Huevos. :wacko:

And CA Jenn, good for you. NO is a full sentence. You have to go Cesar Millan on narcissists, rules-boundaries-limitations.

• Like 1

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

:lol

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

:coffee Good morning!

Greetings from Chicago!  We spend two nights here before boarding our ship in Milwaukee.  We are at the Four Seasons hotel (!!!) with a room in the 46th floor overlooking the city.  Lovely!   We had a very busy travel day yesterday with a short layover in Detroit ( thank you Delta!). Our flight came into C 26 and our departing flight was at A73, so we had to really MOVE to get from gate to gate.  Jim did really well traveling but that part wore him out to the point where he was getting pale and not feeling well.  I was getting nervous but we made it to the gate and to our seats.  He felt better after a drink of water.

Our Welcome Dinner for the group was fun with great entertainment- a 1920’s flapper theme before dinner (think “and all that jazz!”) with two very talented performers- there is a picture of me with them on FB.  After dinner there was a really fun Motown group that sounded like the real thing!

we were tired by the time we got back to the hotel!

This morning is a tour of Millenium Park, then our afternoon and evening are free to do what we want.

I hope everyone is healing (especially Gabe!) 

Kathy 

Edited by Potomacpupsmom

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Good crack of dawn everybuddy. I too wondered exactly wot was being kept dry and sealed in a bag🙀. Several mental images appeared. None of them good. 
Yea Jen for a well reasoned email to Madre. We can all hope. Kathy and Jim are living the high life!  

Yes Ducky, several of us are aware you promised us a story WEEKS ago and have knot come thru with it. *insert Auntee Patsee glare here*

Hang in there Gabe or more accurately don't hang in there. Good things are ahead. 

Edited by Patsy

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

10 hours ago, greysmom said:

Uuuummmmm...  Miss Vanessa???  Just what is Miss Cindy sposed to keep dry in a bag for two munfs????? 

:blink: Exactly!  I had the same reaction.

:rofl

Patsy, lampshades can be trickier than you'd think.  It's not just whether the lamp has a harp or takes a clip-on shade.  There are other subtleties as well and that's not getting into design and whether a shade looks good. :nod

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Gud sticky Satonday! We got a three day weekend, and dat meens lots ob crazee tourists on da roads. 

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

Chris!   For breakfast at the hotel this morning I had a Midwestern omelette and they used Tillamook cheddar cheese.   Yum!

• Like 3

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Nutmeg, Zavvi knocked some sense into his own head on the door frame!  :rotfl  I hope the liddle guy is OK.

AP, that infraction ob the Club rules was clearly Miss Chris' fault. :nod I'm glad she's able to recognize that. :nod

Gabe, I remember that feeling after all these years.  You'll be OK again really soon.

Miss Patsy, I hope phase 2 ob the lampshade replacement does the trick.  :kiss2

:yay for Mister Jim, rallying when exhausted to handle the angst ob air travel like a champ. :kiss2 

I fink the baggie is for the partially used Seresto collar. :rotfl

Nate

My back is incrementally better today and that's even after I stopped taking Aleve.  Trainer Jen really wants me to see my doctor and perhaps a chiropractor, to be safe and careful.  My plan is to call and discuss the situation with my GP Monday and decide whether I need a visit and whether he thinks a chiropractor will help.  I'm antsy about missing classes and workouts because I really do not want to lose the physical progress I've made so far.  :rolleyes:  Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Hello my Friendlies!!

Gonna be hawthawthawt today so we are gonna get out outside stuff done and then hybernate inside with the chilly air box blowing!!!  :eek  It won't be qwite so hawt at our house, but it's sposed to be close to a hunnerd offishully today!!!  :yikes 

Miss Loosy we're glad your trainer Jen sounds like a sensible and cawshuss trainer doodette!!  And you gots a plan for moving forward.  :kiss2  

Miss Kathy, that Tillamook cheese is our favorite!!  Momma's always got some shredded in the cheese drawer, but her favorite is the white cheddar extra aged slices.  :chow  Maybe your free time this affernoon will be a good time for a napping.  :thumbs-up  Momma and Daddy have spended a week in that Chicago at the Four Seasons way back when in '92 or '93.  They both loved Chicago!  Here's Miss Kathy and the two performers from their dinner!!

May be an image of 3 people

Miss Patsy we hope you find a good replacement shading for you lamp today!!

Any report on Mister Gabe today??  Did he get his plastikal bag???  :dunno  

So probly nuthing happening today essept maybe lunsch delivery.  Maybe.

Wishings for a superior Satidday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Miss Kathy & Miss Vanessa  mom says you both have dogs that get Llibrela , right ?  Now she has read it works &read the horror stories of some houndies that took it. Since she knows you she is asking you what do think of it & if your dogs have had any negative reactions  taking it.  How long have they been on it ? I will be  11 this Sept & my  rear left leg makes me limp sometimes & I dont get up the back steps to the porch like I use to. I still like to walk but my Zoomies are short if at all.  right now I get Gabapentin  60mg twice a day So please let her know what you think OK ?

Bitzi,senior dog 

Bitzi, Ivy has been getting Librela shots since last November and it is amazing to see the difference in her with the first dose or so!  She is doing zoomies, chasing after Cherry and is running more at playgroup with the other hounds.  She is 11 years old too.

Thank you for posting my picture Miss Chris!  Their performance was really good!

We spent the morning on a leisurely walking tour of Millennium Park.  We even got to see Cloudgate AKA “ The Bean”.   Jim handled it well but became very tired by the end so we came back to our hotel afterwards and I convinced him to lay down and take a nap. :nappy 

Tonight we are going to an Italian restaurant with our friends Bob and Laurie then packing for our move to the ship tomorrow afternoon. In the morning we are doing a Chicago architectural tour from a boat sailing the Chicago River.  We will be having lunch as a group before we head to Milwaukee to board the ship.  We will be sure to :wave to Wiki and Jerilyn in the general direction of Green Bay!

Kathy 

• Like 2

Correction I take 300mg not 60mg of Gabapentin  2 times a day.  I take a daily Dasuquin .

Miss Kathy thanks for getting back to me so quickly.  Mom is going to talk the vet. It scares her when I am not doing well 

Bitzi going back to sleep & mom is waiting for the weather to improve so the Penn State vs West Va football game can start up.

Edited by sabrina

Well, Cindy, the person they were going to get Gabe from Pittsburgh to you turns out to be me!  :lol  Cindy Carley just PM'd me on Facebook asking if Doug and I could help.  I said yes.  I'll PM you here about where we can meet, or we can even phone, closer to the 11th.

• Like 2

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

:wave     From the Desk.   Whew.  It has been a bizzy day.

Faboo picture, Kathy!   How sober, there is no way in he77 that I would ever go higher than the second floor in any hotel/motel/apartment/condo.  Besides being petrified of heights….What if there was a fire?!?

Back in the spring I asked my Vet abut the Librela for Sid and she said it did have more side effects than Cartrophen, and I had very good results with it for. Nixon and Nigel.  PlusAlso the Librela was way more expensive.  

Ok.  Almost time for our first dinner guests…

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

The only negative I have seen are more pees (two as opposed to his usual one per walk) and it seems to wear off before the 30 day period. Maybe some stomach upset, but that might be the carprofen. I have seen improvement not only in his movement, but attitude as well.

Kathy, I did the boat architecture tour when in Chicago last July. It was really neat! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jenbo said:

Kathy, I did the boat architecture tour when in Chicago last July. It was really neat! 

Richard and I did it, too. I went to a conference in Chicago and we took the train. :whisper  This is also when I discovered I don’t sleep on trains.). It was a great tour.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

So much sports on TV they didnt even do any news. Not that news is really news

I am to sleep town,  Have a greyt nigth all , ,me too Wendy 

Caroline, one of my hounds had 2 doses of Librela over 3 months time. I can't remember which dog but there were no bad side effects. We stopped because it didn't seem to help much.

There is a Facebook page focusing on Librela issues. My vet also follows it. I agree with what she said: the stories owners post about the bad things that happened to their dogs while on Librela always seem to leave out what other preexisting conditions the dog may have had, and that people are more apt to post negative stories than positive ones. I followed the page for a while but left after I saw too many owners who posted positive results get threatened by others who'd had bad results. My vet has been using it for over 2 years now and has not had any issues with her patients.

Perhaps try it for 3 months and then decide if you want to continue.

• Like 2

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Unlurking for Caroline, Punkin has been getting monthly Librela for about eight months now without any side effects. She’s also getting ElleVet CBD and a lot of Gabapentin, as well as other meds for her belly. I’m thrilled with how well she’s doing at almost 13. 

• Like 2

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.