WFUBCC - #229 - June busting out

Miss Chris, please let us know how the housecleaning experience goes.  I would like to have cleaners come in, it's just more than I can do by myself.  

In unrelated news, it's hot and humid here and I would like to have some ice cream!  Mommy used to make frozen custard, but that's a lot of work.  She made orange sherbet, too, and that's just as much work.  But they both sure were good.  

• Like 1

Miss Noo Carol

Oh dear. I hope the baby foal (is that a redundancy?) can overcome whatever is wrong and go on with growing up comfortably.   I'll keep her in my good thots.

I wear several dresses on Maui and that's pretty much it for dress wearing to me all year.  I now have an alternative for weddings/funerals/other state occasions here in North Dakota which is more than the black crepe pants and a magenta long sleeved sweater. 🤣.  I have always felt a dress/skirt is more comfortable with a half slip under it. 

Blue the 2010 CRV will cost us about $3,200 what with replacing totally the brakes and shocks and something else and general upkeep 😵‍💫.   Oh well she has been very good to us for 14 years.  My equivalent of "lie back and think of England" is at least it's airline miles"

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

I have always felt a dress/skirt is more comfortable with a half slip under it.      :nod

Miss Jennie

• Like 1

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

We are heer in Tennesseseseesee, I am pooped, so I'll let Mom tell:

Day started with ANOTHER mewing kitten, this time under my van. Momma couldn't get it, she thinks the mother cat took it back down in the woods. I opened the hood, banged all the panels, and Roman didn't go bananas around the van, so probably not in there. Seemed like every numbskull was on the road today, all the way down. Then the hotel had my reservation all bolloxed, put my middle initial onto my last name. BRB, changing name to Jingleheimer-Schmidt....

Momma doesn't need another bunch of kittens, but try telling that old mule anything.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Hola!  I hab knot barked fer a wile, but I see mi Zorro del Galgo has barked to me, an I habs to say hola, mi amor.  :beatheart  Has bin too long, si?  How you are doing?  You are gonna moobe to yer noo howse soon?  Mebbe I cood come bisit.  My passport has knot eggspired like Moms, so I cood come to Oh, Canada an see you.  Whot do you fink?  I am doin okay.  Mom an Dad get skeered cawse I jump ober TWO steps sumthymes.  They are skeered I will hert myownself, but they cant tell me innyfing.  :lol

Mom desided knot to go to Antie Marys tonite.  I am glad, cawse she has bin gone enuff!  They went to get rid ob a big old TV at a speshul plase cawse the garbidge guys wont take it.  Now we hab room in the Subaroo, an Kiva an me can go fer a ride.  Dad is gotta take it in fer inspeckshun tomorra.  We just hope it duznt kost us a fortoon.

We are so sorry you lost yer frend Duncan, Ivy an Cherry. :(

Wow, Wiki an Miss Jerilyn, that is a beeeeeyoutiful car!

Oh, Miss Patsy, we hope you hab fun at yer reoonyun!

We fink you will look bery klassy fer the wedding, Miss Nancy.

We are so sorry there are knot moore kitties spayed an nootered, Miss Vanessa.  Is so sad when alla those kittens are born, an sumbuddy nise has to take care ob them.  Eberybuddy shood be spayed!  Like me!

Oooh, Mom sez Miss Ann shood looooove that massage!  They are hebben.  :heart

Aw, we hope that baby horsie is gonna be okay.

Mom wares long dresses an skirts, an she duz knot ware a slip.

Oh, Miss Chris, injoy habbin a howse kleener.  I fink it wood be wunnerful, but we wood haff to kleen afore the kleener came!

Angie

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Pap's blood werk was just for his INR.  He gets that done every cuppla weeks, just to be on the safe side.  

No housekeepers here. Just the two of us and this old house is knot very big.   Joshi sheds 24/7 but I mostly just sweep/swiffer it up.  Thankfully the mud room keeps most of the dirt from entering the kitchen.  Swiffer the laminate floors every once in a while.  Pap will vacuum and dust. Sometimes. 

Oh Robin.  Sure hope the foal is going to be OK.  Which virus is it?  There will be a foal born in July at my boarding barn. 

PattyKake and her BFF Bizz (the grey) have moved to a new paddock with Sil, an aged TB.  Sil's usual companion, another aged TB, is going to be on stall rest for several weeks while a tendon injury heals.   I was knot there for the introductions but Coach Kate is a most excellent judge of when to intervene if there's trouble and she said there was no trouble. Only Patty running around like a lunatic for a couple of minutes.  Sorry the pic is not good, but that is Patty (left) and Sil getting to know each other  :lol         

446889803_10231235627534890_4295275726203040657_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=CE1ZUHR65ogQ7kNvgHOOWhD&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.xx&oh=00_AYBLomluAt7fJvjbJf6LWIm9nJ2uGH5eEkPua-iXiRGVeg&oe=665F015A

• Like 1

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

OMG!!!  You guys!!  The cleaning is finally over!  It looked three hours!!!  And our dinner was late!  :angry:  But I guess Momma is happy.

It was funny though cause there was FOUR wimmins who comed, and we haven't had four other people's in our house since I been here!!!  :lol  They dusted and wiped all over everything, and cleaned the whole baffroom (!) and even the walls!!  :eek And the cabinets have not been this clean on the fronts for a long time!  :haha

Then they used the sukky masheen (which is not even reMOTEly scary!) and mopped alla the floors - even unner the ikky rug in the kichen!

They were really nice tho and keeped stopping to pet us!!  :D I gguess they are gonna come once a munf at least at first, until Momma sees how things go.  But so far she feels like it's totally worth it!

This is what me and Flizzie were doing whilst the vacuuming was going on.  ;)

53757802647_e244eda8c6.jpg20240530_162926 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

53757802772_f01996ac35.jpg20240530_163125 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Later Gaters!!

AP - unconcerned

• Like 3

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

AndiPants!  I can knot beliebe you slept thru the sucky machine!!! :o 

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Posted (edited)

You know, I have never hearded a sukky masheen before!!  This one was like a big backpak and it looked like a Ghostbuster pack!!  But it wasn't scary loud.  She was even vacuuming rite underneath me!!!  :D

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

Edited by greysmom

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Posted (edited)

:coffee  Good morning!

Wow AndiPants, I am impressed!  You just laid there whilst they vacuumed UNDER where you were?   Wow! :bow2

It is a leetle chilly outside right now at 51 degrees but it is supposed to be a really nice day.  I hope eberywon enjoys their Friday!

Ivy 

Edited by Potomacpupsmom

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Potomacpupsmom said:

Wow AndiPants, I am impressed!  You just laid there whilst they vacuumed UNDER where you were?   Wow! :bow2

:wow  That's amazing!!

I've always wanted someone to come deep clean once or twice a month or so.  I think I'm doing o.k. ca1a20_105b9290d1ba4b45ae559ea0644c03d8~and then, I find something I've forgotten about like baseboards or widow sills or ceiling fans.

Any news on the sick foal?

Ivy and Cherry, has life settled back down yet?

We're awaiting MH pictures and bear sightings.

I spent yesterday morning baking.  I am delivering today: two peanut butter pies, one chocolate cream pie, chocolate chip/walnut cookie bars, strawberry cookie bars, and an Oreo cake.  I just need to frost the cake and then, figure out how to transport it all.  I'm going out the the "other" campus which I've only been to a few times.  Part of the instructions are, "Head out Route 17, pass two dead armadillos and the Redneck Yacht Club".

Ooh! Ooh! :wow  Look what I just found!  Our own Lady of the Duck doing her lecture.

445359753_874760431355931_5554127846408409087_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=eVVCiJ37mQQQ7kNvgENxYIK&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=00_AYDD6K8NPTxG87QP9_RFKV_mdoakgopwEg-BeAT18yfjww&oe=665F63CF

Edited by Mercsmom
  • Like 2

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Another cccchily morning   :coffee

Lukit Ducky :star

I’m glad Chris et Al had a good experience with cleaners  :thumbs-up

Sid doesn’t care if you vacuum around, over, under or even on him.  Nixon was the same.  Kibo runs far away and Joshi chases it. 

Hmmmm…. I better google how to do ‘something’ about charging my iPhone. It has become very particular about how it’s connected.  Probably has Joshi hair stuck in there.

I’ll be off to the Shack for a little while.   It’s the dopey new desk gal on today. She followed the not-as-goofy overnight gal. Sigh. Things may already have gone to H%# in a handbasket.  Useless manager will be there today. And I think the owner arrived last night.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

44 minutes ago, Mercsmom said:

I spent yesterday morning baking.  I am delivering today: two peanut butter pies, one chocolate cream pie, chocolate chip/walnut cookie bars, strawberry cookie bars, and an Oreo cake.  I just need to frost the cake and then, figure out how to transport it all. 

Ummm, Miss Elizabeth?   Could you deliber a peanut butter pie to me?  ca1a20_bb5223cb2aca4c3b8945ce3ec0877451~   

1 hour ago, Potomacpupsmom said:

Ummm, Miss Elizabeth?   Could you deliber a peanut butter pie to me?  ca1a20_bb5223cb2aca4c3b8945ce3ec0877451~   

I'm waiting until I perfect the dark chocolate ganache.  You drizzle it on the crust before adding the filling, then drizzle it on top.

Nancy, I bought a Bunch of replacement charging cords on Amazon.   I find that when the cord gets old, the connection gets cranky.  Then again, sometimes you have to clean the connecting outlet.

Funny thing happened last night.  I opened a tin of sardines.  Two minutes later, Jupiter came trotting into the kitchen ears and tail on full alert.  He'd smelled fish and he wanted some. :chow  I poured a bit on the kibble he'd left in the bowl (most of it).  It was all gone in minutes.  This morning I dipped the Proin in the sardine juice and dropped it on the kibble.  Then, I poured some more on.  Breakfast was demolished. :thumbs-up

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Hey, why is there no peenut budder flavor kibbles?

What's Miss Ducky talkin bout? It shore looks like she's attrakted a very specifik kinda person. :P

:ph34r

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

13 minutes ago, Jerilyn said:

Hey, why is there no peenut budder flavor kibbles?

Ever given a hound peanut butter flavored biscuits?  :fart

FancyToo, I'm so happy to read that your tick disease is better wif that Doxy stuff! :yay

Miss Noo Carol, what fun childhood remembories ob made at home ice cream and sherbet! :wow

Your Mom has a good heart, Miss Banessa, just like you.  It is a lot ob werk habing a good heart. :kiss2
I'm glad you are safe in Gatlinburg. Did the hotel sort out the room? 

Miss Patsy, that's a boat load ob money butt perhaps think ob it divided out ober 1 years. :nod  That's a good, good car.

Mam, that's a photo ob 3 really hampsome horses!

Cleaners who pet dogs! :yay

I hab been in that room at Mountain Hounds!  I hear a great lecture from Miz Ducky!  She has so much to offer others. :kiss2

Jupiter lubs stinky fish! And he got some! :yay

Well, Miss Elizabeth, I get a peanut butter cookie wif peanut butter on it ebery time I come in from last potties. It is my just reward. :nod  No noxious fumes follow.  My system must hab adapted. :D

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

TGIF! We got a gud room, onlee one big bed, but I habs my own and so duz da Galoot. Mom went to brekkulfust wibs Mizz Ducky and herbs friend. We habs nawt seen a bear yet, but dere habs been sightings.

I do NAWT care about sucky machines, I just lay where I want and Mom goes around me. 

• Like 2

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

Just stopping in to check on the colt.  How is she doing Dr Fruitcake ?

Misses Vanessa & Ducky glad you are having agood time at Mtn Hounds.  I hope  you remain bear sightless.

Today is most beautious, I wait until noonish to sunbath as it is  only in the 50's this am

Bitzi 

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

I didn’t theenk I’d be back this kwik. We didn’t wanna get oudda beds this mornink but Mistress had a 7:30 meetink so we hadda. Then that meetink got cansilled. :bugeye

Yeah, I get two peenut budder buddy biskits before beddy every nite. I lubs my beddy buddy biskies and never am stink fart. And iffen I’m juss layin there like a flat dog and won’t sit up to eat my kibbles my Mistress brings me a spoon of peenut budder to bribe me into sittin up. Still never stink farts. Reelly, I only stink fart iffen I ate sumthin bad and I can’t even member the lass time that was.

Andipants, I’m glad your house cleenin went good. You girlies look pritty comfy there. I don’t mind the vacccuuum either. When Mistress does the livink room she tips my beddy up so she can get all crumms :blush so I hafta lay on the floor. When the vacccuuuum gets to me she says Move and I go lay sumwheres elts or iffen I don’t Move I get a treato in the kitschen. ;)

Angie, I’m glad you’re feelink OK. I myownself tend to jump down the last few steps, hence why I’m not allowed in the basemint. More to come on that in a minit….

Miss Mam, I hope Patti continoos to be nice to her noo friendly. And that the girls of the Inn do their werks.

Miss Lizabeth, didja bake alla that stuff in one day? :wow Jupe likes sardeens! That is one thin my Mistress will never buy for me. She hates the smell of fishies.

I did one bit of banditry and played a good trick on Mistress. Sumtimes I get up in the middle of the nite. Sumtimes I juss patrol the house and go back to beddy, sumtimes I poke Mistress wiff my snoot so she knows I gotta go potty. Lass nite I was roamin round and Mistress waitin to see iffen I was gonna go back to beddy or ax to go out. But instead she heard me openin the door to the basemint! :ph34r She yelled at me and got up and let me go outside.  Then for my trick, normilly when I’m in my wire boks I BARKBARKBARK when Mistress comes home so she don’t forgit I’m in there. She likes that she knows I’m still alive whilst she’s unlockin the door. But yessirday, she come in and no BARKBARKBARK. :ohno She juss bout died theenkin that I had died. She called for me still nothin, she was halfway down the hall before I BARKBARKBARK. Am I gettin to be good girlie and know she’s gonna let me out? Or was I sleepink? She was glad I was alive and well.

Now I’m gonna pesto for Wiki walkie.

Wiki :ph34r

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Wiki, that was a good trick to play on Mistress, delaying your welcome-home-I'm-still-breaffing barkbarkbark. :D  GOtta keep 'em on their tippy toes.

Nate

• Haha 1

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Hello my Friendlies!!

All day sunnings today but we're gonna get a almost a whole munf of rainings from Sunnyday to Munderday!!!  :yikes 

Let's see...

Miss Lizabeth alla those pies and bars sound really YUMMO!!!  :chow  Almost alla our treatos are peenutbudder flavored cause those were the ones Lilly could eat without any chikken in em and Momma hasn't changed em since she lefted us.  Even our rawhide munchy stikks are peenutbudder flavored!  And we get alla our pills and midecaments with a spoonfulla peenutbudders or PB flavored pill pokkets.  We don't ever have stink farts unless we're sick.  Momma will get us some sardeens every once in a while, or even a little tin of makkeral or sammins.  Fish is good for houndies!!

I think we won't here about the little baby horsie till Munderday.  Miss Dr Robin and Mister Kevin were gonna take the weekend and drive to Pennsylvaneeya to see her.  :hope  :hope  :hope  

Miss Patsy, that sounds like what happened with my Raver!!!  Our "free" service ended up costing us $300 bikkie munnies!!!!  :yikes 

Miss Ducky!!!  :wave  We hope your talking about houndie safety wented good and you got lotsa attenshun and praisings!!

Hahahahaha!!!!  Miss Wiki!!!!  :rofl  That was a awesome tricking to play on Miss Jerilyn!!!  I myownseff like to do the one where they can't see you breeving from acrosst the room so they gotta come over and touch you to make sure your heart is still beating!!  :lol  Good times, good times!!!!  :rotfl 

Mam, at leest those frunt desk girls are still showing up and you don't gotta go and do their jobs!!!  :thumbs-up   Is Miss Patty Horsie behaving herownseff??  Oh yeah.  Momma doesn't know what the charging port looks like on a EyeFone, but her Android was really easy.  Just turn off the powers and use the pointy end of a safety pin to kinda poke around in the hole and dig out the lint and stuff.  Momma was shokked by how much junk was stukk in there!!!  And now her charging cord clikks in really easy!  :nod 

Momma's gotta run a errind and maybe bring home luntsch.  We'll see.  

Wishings for a fassinating Friedday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Wiki!   Don’t give your Mistress an attack of the heart!   Who will come and let you outta that wire box iffen she goes ded :dunno

Oh…I will try to clean my phone port.   I’ve tried different cables -new and old - and have one that mostly works. And the car one is is sort of reliable.  I bought the phone from a spoiled teenager at the barn, super cheap. My old iPhones(SE) was cracked and just plain old.  It is an iPhone 13 - less than a year old, so very new and it was in excellent condition. I think there’s just too much dog/horse hair in my environment. 

Today Desk gal was doing OK.  I’ll be on call tomorrow morning until the wedding.  

I will pop out to the barn in a cuppla hours.  Patty must be behaving or I would hear from Kate ;)    Widget tack needs a good cleaning as he’s going on an adventure tomorrow :)

Wow, we did glimpse da bear in da creek! 

• Like 1