Meet Steve

Dear friends, the loss of our beloved Max has been heartbreaking and our house, despite the presenze of his little sister, was empty. The rescue center where I picked Max ten years ago put a post in his memory on their web page and while I was looking again at their post my eyes met the ones of a hound in search of his forever home....and so.....we decided to honour Max's memory adopting another hound in need. He's already in Italy, we'll take him next weekend.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Qa9gSB1rnsiwUJiy6

• Like 1

Sounds like Max is watching over you and brought you Steve. I can't see the pictures on the link provided but will try again later. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

What a handsome guy!  I hope he is able to fill or at least reconfigure that enormous hole in your heart from Max's passing.  Congrats!  

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

He's soo handsome! Isn't it something how our angels have a way of communicating with us. Good job, Max. Welcome home Steve!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Congratulations to both you & Steve.

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

Congratulations!

And good job, Max.

Steve is a very handsome boy. I'm sure he'll be a great addition to your household.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

10 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

He's soo handsome! Isn't it something how our angels have a way of communicating with us. Good job, Max. Welcome home Steve!

There were far too many coincidences not to think it was Max who was sending Steve our way...when I called the rescue asking about Steve they told me he was already in Italy because he was the spare one to complete the van from Ireland (like Max was) and he was in foster in the same kennel in which was fostered Max. He is a big rambuctious goofball (just like Max). Some nights before I dreamt I was in a beach at night, I was calling for Max and Runa and a black dog came to me (never had one).

I'll put more pictures of him, thank you for your heartwarming welcome!

Edited by Ilaria
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Ilaria said:

There were far too many coincidences not to think it was Max who was sending Steve our way...when I called the rescue asking about Steve they told me he was already in Italy because he was the spare one to complete the van from Ireland (like Max was) and he was in foster in the same kennel in which was fostered Max. He is a big rambuctious goofball (just like Max). Some nights before I dreamt I was in a beach at night, I was calling for Max and Runa and a black dog came to me (never had one).

I'll put more pictures of him, thank you for your heartwarming welcome!

Max really loved you. :heart

• Like 1

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

What a compelling and heartening set of messages and pointed coincidences. Max is taking good care of the humans he loves. :heart

Steve is beautiful.  Welcome to the fun of "dressing" a black dog.  They look fantastic is any color!

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

What a beautiful boy!  Max would be so glad for you.  And there is no better memorial for a loved pet than to give a home to another in need.  I hope Steve and Runa become good friends.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

And so...we anticipated our trip and we went today to the kennel but unluckily Steve wasn't a good match with Runa....we were going to abort the mission but the rescue lady introduces us to another hound. Runa was a bit stressed at first (there was also a mistake from Steve's handler and she was bitten by him poor thing) but Fiveo was a real gentleman, he kept inviting her to play and never minded her growls. So we are going home with Fiveo, let's hope in a couple of days they'll become friends

• Like 2

And so...we anticipated our trip and we went today to the kennel but unluckily Steve wasn't a good match with Runa....we were going to abort the mission but the rescue lady introduces us to another hound. Runa was a bit stressed at first (there was also a mistake from Steve's handler and she was bitten by him poor thing) but Fiveo was a real gentleman, he kept inviting her to play and never minded her growls. So we are going home with Fiveo, let's hope in a couple of days they'll become friends.

Update from home,so far so good 🤞

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipP0EB47Oj3hY_uqAxYqCxxnD1YLZuN_FpNt2VTgaIyVTRlIQQ-hTW9zJPve8QpNdw?key=a3c2akx1UzRoTk9RN2FNMTAwRW1zQnFFajhXcDNR

How can I change the thread title?

• Like 1

She's lovely! And we'll keep everything crossed that the updates from home continue to be good :goodluck Steve is a very nice boy and will find his spot.

If you become a Community Supporter ($) here you will be able to edit your posts. :)

It's too bad that handsome Steve wasn't a good fit, but Fiveo sounds perfect. I hope things continue to go well and he settles in quickly.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

A handsome cow dog with SPECKLES, and a gentleman!  Welcome, Fiveo!  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter