A first

Might not seem anything special but this is the first time Grace and Guinness have both been on the sofa together.

G and G

Edited by HeyRunDog

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

:rotfl  The looks on those 2 faces!

I had a small sofa when I had Spirit and Piper.  I was quite surprised the first time I found them both on the sofa, each facing an arm, and their behinds just barely touching, both looking a bit offended to have to share. They were happy enough to pal around in the yard but never snuggled together. Then I added MoMo to the mix--2 young'uns and Piper.  If Mo and Spirit were hogging the sofa, Piper would ask to go outdoors.  The 2 young hounds would leap up and push past Piper to get to the door first.  As I let them out, Piper would turn around and hop up on sofa.  Mo and Spirit never quite caught on to the notion that perhaps they had not won. :D

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

<Might not seem anything special but this is the first time Grace and Guinness have both been on the sofa together.>

But it *is* something special :wub:

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

24 minutes ago, LBass said:

:rotfl  The looks on those 2 faces!

I had a small sofa when I had Spirit and Piper.  I was quite surprised the first time I found them both on the sofa, each facing an arm, and their behinds just barely touching, both looking a bit offended to have to share. They were happy enough to pal around in the yard but never snuggled together. Then I added MoMo to the mix--2 young'uns and Piper.  If Mo and Spirit were hogging the sofa, Piper would ask to go outdoors.  The 2 young hounds would leap up and push past Piper to get to the door first.  As I let them out, Piper would turn around and hop up on sofa.  Mo and Spirit never quite caught on to the notion that perhaps they had not won. :D

Piper the Perfect Prankster :wub:

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

This is just the beginning of getting the prime spot.  You need to keep track of who lulls the the other from the prime sofa cushion. 

Kate used to go to the door and bark like someone was outside so that Petunia would run to the door to check things out. Kate would then go take the bed that Petunia had been in. Worked like a charm, every time. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

9 hours ago, Remolacha said:

I wonder who was up there first, from the looks I would guess Guinness was first, but from positioning, Grace clearly has the prime spot :lol

I suspect Grace was there first because she usually curls up at one end or the other while Guinness will sprawl out in the middle.

8 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

But it *is* something special :wub:

It is because after 7 months they are starting to interact with each other instead of just living in the same house. I open the door for the last toilet at night and they run to the end side by side to the favourite sniffing spot.

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

Perfect bookends  

they run to the end side by side to the favourite sniffing spot.

This is when you know you've done the right thing bringing in the 2nd hound 

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

On 10/14/2022 at 4:44 PM, Remolacha said:

Do any of you old timers remember the picture of hounds on the sofa with the young puppy, I think one of the FTH pups, wedged in the middle? Can’t remember who it was, but the picture, and expressions, was hilarious :lol

Yes. I believe the caption was along the lines of, "Moob ober, Unca Bill." Was the pup's name Ginny? I've forgotten the woman's GT name, but I remember some wonderful posts about her hounds.

ETA: Both Grace and Guinness look a bit ... perturbed. :lol: 

Edited by GreyPoopon

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

4 hours ago, GreyPoopon said:

Yes. I believe the caption was along the lines of, "Moob ober, Unca Bill." Was the pup's name Ginny? I've forgotten the woman's GT name, but I remember some wonderful posts about her hounds.

Yes, that was it “Moob ober Unca Bill” :rofl

4 hours ago, GreyPoopon said:

I think it's more of "Not Again" as I point my camera at them. :D

19 hours ago, HeyRunDog said:

I think it's more of "Not Again" as I point my camera at them. :D

That fits. :lol 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

"Moob over Unca Bill". Yessssss

Loved Unca Bill and the wonderfully written stories. I still have a pic of Unca Bill somewhere on the living room shelves. 

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

On 10/14/2022 at 2:25 PM, MerseyGrey said:

:wub: I see Grace has perfected her ‘how could you do this to me?’ face (and posture!) :lol while Guinness is clearly plotting your death

:rofl:violin

Jeannine with Lili & Okie, the kitty sisters and Cody grey-girl waiting at the bridge (along with kitties Weenie & Merlin)