Seal (?) Boy

enoire

Just wanted to share some pictures of Nugget for once, rather than a story about his manic water drinking!

Nugget is a very pretty boy with a slightly unusual coat. I've received several comments about it, even from the rescue where we got him, saying they don't see greyhounds with his colour very often. I believe he might be seal: "Seal colouration makes black dogs appear brownish (with the nose remaining black), varying from a slight brown cast to a shade almost as light as liver. There is often a black stripe down the back, and the legs and tail generally remain darker than the main part of the coat." This is a pretty good description of Nugget. His head, legs, and back are black, but other parts like his sides, shoulder and neck are brown. It was more obvious when he had his kennel coat but still remains now that he's shed that out.

51815044797_10617c195b.jpg51816104843_b703720ae3.jpg51815044577_03eddeaf12.jpg

Greyhound data will tell you his official color.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Unusual and handsome!

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Handsomely different.

It could explain why he's drinking so much water, part greyhound part seal :D

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

He is gorgeous, Irish greyhounds seem to have the most interesting coat colors, I believe most with the snowflake pattern are Irish. Those are usually black and white but I have seen pictures of a few with a brown and white pattern. I was going to say, many black dogs come off the farm with a thick coat that looks brown, but when that sheds off they are shiny black, but I see that he has shed his kennel coat and is still that unusual color :beatheart:beatheart

Handsome Hound you go there. My grey from 20 yrs ago :gramps  was also from Ireland, and she also had what I believe to be an unusual coat...white with very faint ticking marks (we called them 'tea stains' bc it looked like someone spilled tea or coffee on her).  The texture of her coat was different as well. And she was a fantastic dog as well.

thanks for sharing the photos!

Was a subscriber in the mid 2000s (the aughts!).  Reactivated in 2021.  What'd I miss?

Nugget is indeed a beautiful Irish lad!

There must be some way to find out what his ‘official’ colour is?!

Our Irish boy, Sid, is a gorgeous blue brindle.  His fur is extra thick and so, so soft….he also sheds much more than any of our USA hounds.
There were one or two of the black with ‘snowflake’ hounds from Ireland living in Ottawa a few years ago. Stunning! 

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

@Remolacha Not too long ago we went to a greyhound walk and saw a few hounds with lots of little white spots, and they did look like snowy skies! I'd never seen anything like it before. They were absolutely gorgeous. 

@Sniffy that sounds so pretty! I love the diversity of greyhounds. So many different colours and markings and even shapes to some extent! Like I met a hound around my area with a Roman nose!

@BatterseaBrindl His registered colour is just black I believe, I suppose he is just a cool variant of black. Blue brindle sounds absolutely stunning.