Punkin dental, worried mom

Punkin is having her dental tomorrow and whilst there is always a worry, this time we will be with our New Veterinarian. Our former vet whom we lovelovelove sold her practice and went corporate. We followed her for a few visits but to say that corporate veterinary is cold and sterile is the understatement of the year. It broke both our hearts to end that almost 30 year relationship, but that's what happened. She gave us a good blessing for the vet who will do Punkin's dental, and both girls have seen him so far for vax and "Hi I'm Punkin" and "Hi, I'm Annie Oooh M, aka Annie I'm Embarrassing" (but that's for another forum :lol ). New doc is grey-savvy and his office staff seems on the ball as well, and the girls have been comfortable going there.

Ennyhoo, Punkin is probably going to lose most of what teeth she has left, and I have told her repeatedly how Trevor Double-Heart managed just fine with only five toofers after losing all the others just before he became a camper. If you can spare some good thoughts we would greatly appreciate them. 

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Ooodles of good thoughts headed your way, with a special assist from (nearly-) Toothless Toodles.

I too would be nervous with a new vet, but with his grey experience and your previous vet's blessing, he's the right doc.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Everything will come out okay today, Punkin, teefers included. Pun intended, cuz it's Pun-kin. :)

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Just now catching up and seeing htis.  All paws, fingers and toes crossed here at Camp Broodie for Punkin. 

Punkin, if Dr. Rocket were still here, he would remind you that lots of ice cream is called for afterward. (Well, at least a little ice cream but lots of other good stuff like yogurt, cottage cheese, scrambled eggs and stinky canned food.) 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Bestest of thoughts for Ms Punkin.  The new vet and staff will bend over backwards to do their best for their beautiful, sweet, charming patient.

Sending condolences to Ms Jan and campers for having to change vets.

And when Punkin is back home, all comfy and cozy, we want to hear what Annie Ooh M did that was so embarrassing

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Thanks everyone! We left Punkin off this morning and you're right, they were doing everything to assure us and help us feel comfortable. Pick up is hopefully around 4p, we'll update after we've heard something

Annie came with and wanted to spend the day with the staff bc, Annie :rolleyes:

:rollin

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

sending TONS of hugs, good thoughts and prayers for Punkin.  Sounds like she is in good hands, but dentals or any procedure when under is worrying.  I know she'll be ok!  :grouphug :beatheart 

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

All your good vibes have done their work and Punkin is coming home in another couple of hours. She had previously lost 12 toofers, today it was 8. She did well under anesthesia and the staff are giving her extra TLC :beatheart  I can't wait to get her home and start spoiling her. 

Punkin and Annie have never been apart. Annie came with this morning and when we left without Punk her face was priceless and clearly saying MOM :yikes Why.Is.She.Staying.Arent.We.Forgetting.Someone? Later, when I went out to the mailbox I watched her on the camper cam. She was Very Curious and on alert but not panicked. She's a funny girl.

Ducky :lol

Thanks everyone.

Best thing a vet once told me: If there are potentially complicated cases, they get done first. The no-problem cases get shifted to late in the day.

This was his message when I dropped off two dogs at 6am and didn't have any word from him by 3:30.

Both dogs were fine. When I picked them up, the girl was still so looped that I had to carry her to the car. She wouldn't step over the threshold from one kind of floor to another because her depth perception was screwed.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)