Oasis

mom2four

I'm a bad Mommy as I did not introduce Oasis either it seems!

Oasis came to us in April, after waiting for him to come from Spain over the winter. Yes, he is one of the ones we sponsored and hubby adopted behind my back (well he DID tell me about it a couple of minutes after he has reserved him for us.) Oasis has a gift according to Miss Charlotte in Spain, he knows and will comfort any one or any dog who is not feeling well. We've seen this once or twice since he's been with us. Once he broke up a lite squabble between two other dogs and received stitches on his snout as a Thank You from the other Galgos. You can see it in the pictures, the black mark on the white side of his snout.

I'm hoping he'll become a Pet therapy dog once he settles in a bit. Oasis turned 3 in August.

17798902_588431694686902_749897800336694

Chilling outside.

20525323_639309212932483_707417410122379

Oasis loves his Daddiman too!

10345746_632919523571452_464512601084747

Edited by mom2four

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

He is gorgeous!

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

He reminds me of Lucas, without the mischief in his eyes. Congrats yet again!

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I think Daddyman has a buddy!

Beautiful pup!

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Annnnd, I love him too :beatheart

Tin!!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

• 1 month later...

Very nice! And what a wonderful temperament he has.

Just curious but what group did you adopt him through? I'm in Vancouver with my galgo of 8+years, and although not looking to adopt another now, always wondered if getting one this far west was even possible.

Very nice! And what a wonderful temperament he has.

Just curious but what group did you adopt him through? I'm in Vancouver with my galgo of 8+years, and although not looking to adopt another now, always wondered if getting one this far west was even possible.

Scrolling down the topics list I see "Oasis" and thought, "Hey, there is another dog named Oasis!" But it's mine :D

We get our latest Galgos from 112 Carlota Galgos in Spain. There is a sister group based in the Maritimes that gets some Galgos over every year from them- Carlota Galgos Rescue Canada. We need to fly to Montreal to pick up our Galgo, as they land there from Spain. There are three families here in Calgary that have been able to adopt through CGRC since we support each other should there ever be a need. If interested PM me and I can get you in touch with the appropriate folks.

(P.S. Oasis, and his 'brother' Picasso DID become Pet Therapy dogs 2 weekends ago. Picasso had had his first visit and Oasis is now waiting for his turn.)

Tin

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.