Prayers Please - Magic Is Having A Rough Morning

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have any one nearby who could pet sit or could you take them to their home...hope he continues to improve.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Magic is a little better this morning. He ate breakfast which I gave him as he lay on his bed. He still is unable to get up on his own but does fine when he's up. He wants to go out to the fenced-in yard but I'm forcing him to go out on leash.

I was able to get him to take a tramadol which I placed in a piece of potato hamburger roll with a little peanut butter.

My big concern is my long days Monday - Wednesday. I'm concern he'll want to get up and not be able to and then he'll have an anxiety attack. No one else is home during the day although one may be home tomorrow due to the holiday.

I understand what you are going through. These were the reasons that we put Paul to sleep. We were afraid that he would fall when we weren't home and would not be able to get up. He was eating well and could walk on his own, but would trip a lot. Then he started leaking in his sleep and I could not see such a proud dog laying in his pee. I'm so sorry. These decisions are so difficult. I do hope that Magic does continue to improve.

Edited by Houndtime

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Not sure if it would help much, but that's one of the reasons I got a webcam, live streaming and email alerts. If I saw Kasey struggling at home, I could at least rush home and get to him within a reasonable amount of time to help.

Sounds like some of the meds are helping Magic. Still thinking of you.

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

Not sure if it would help much, but that's one of the reasons I got a webcam, live streaming and email alerts. If I saw Kasey struggling at home, I could at least rush home and get to him within a reasonable amount of time to help.

Sounds like some of the meds are helping Magic. Still thinking of you.

I bought a webcam, too. It was a great investment. Is it possible your boy had an FCE (spinal embolism)? I'm glad he's doing a little better every day? How old is he?

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Let us know how he did today. Hoping he is doing well, and continues to improve!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Checking in and hoping things are getting better. :goodluck

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Magic is doing well today. He slept through the night or was able to get up to change positions.

Unfortunately, the vet is the complete opposite direction from where I work and they close before I get off work so I don't think taking him to the vet office would work.

I get an hour for lunch and I can easily get home and back in an hour. so I might come home to check on him. I told my manager what happened on Saturday so I'm sure she'll be supportive.

Thank you so much for the support, prayers, and suggestions.

Carol, missing Magic (1/5/01 - 4/15/15) but welcoming Fuzzy's Joy Behar (Joy) into my life on 5/31/15.

Continued good thoughts for your boy.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Update: Yesterday i had a long day at the tax office and was out approximately 12 hours. I was a bit concerned that if Magic couldn't get up or got up and fell on the floor, he might panic and hurt himself. I got home and he was fine. He had a pooping accident, which is pretty normal these days, but nothing more. He has been able to get up the 3 steps into the house without help most of the time.

I guess the most recent crisis is over. However, I alerted both of my managers about Magic's health problems. Both were very supportive. One asked if I could give him as much notice as possible so he can get coverage for me.

Carol, missing Magic (1/5/01 - 4/15/15) but welcoming Fuzzy's Joy Behar (Joy) into my life on 5/31/15.

That's a very good update. So glad to hear it. :D

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Very good update!! What a comfort to have support at work, too.

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.