Prayers Please - Magic Is Having A Rough Morning

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts.

I spoke with the vet. It was suggested that I give Magic aspirin in the event that the problem may be a clot and the vet agreed. Since the last thing I wanted to do was to drive to the vet in the snow and possibly back alone and crying the whole way home, we agreed to see how Magic is until Monday. I have a back-up vet who has Sunday morning hours for emergencies so if Magic gets worse, I'll take him there tomorrow morning.

On a slightly positive note, I moved one of Magic's back legs and he then stretched his back legs. I also got him up and he stood for a few seconds but couldn't walk. I also took that as a good sign since he couldn't even remotely stand earlier today.

Carol, missing Magic (1/5/01 - 4/15/15) but welcoming Fuzzy's Joy Behar (Joy) into my life on 5/31/15.

Glad he's a bit more comfortable.

One day at a time.....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Magic is a little better this morning. He ate breakfast which I gave him as he lay on his bed. He still is unable to get up on his own but does fine when he's up. He wants to go out to the fenced-in yard but I'm forcing him to go out on leash.

I was able to get him to take a tramadol which I placed in a piece of potato hamburger roll with a little peanut butter.

My big concern is my long days Monday - Wednesday. I'm concern he'll want to get up and not be able to and then he'll have an anxiety attack. No one else is home during the day although one may be home tomorrow due to the holiday.

Carol, missing Magic (1/5/01 - 4/15/15) but welcoming Fuzzy's Joy Behar (Joy) into my life on 5/31/15.

Could you take him in to your vets office, or see if one of the off-duty techs can come over and sit with him while you work?

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

:hope Hope he continues to improve. Keep us posted. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown