Opals_mom

Yesterday I let my sweet girl with bunny-soft ears go. We spent the previous evening together and her eyes told me she was tired of hurting. She had pork and whipped cream and a LOT of wet food :blink: for dinner and then home made breakfast sausage for breakfast. I know that I did the right thing but right now I feel so horrible and guilty for not demanding more of the vet staff ahead of time to help calm you down. Also the vet that administered the medication said some things I NEVER wanted to hear as she was pushing the plunger. It's still so fresh that the time at the vet is foremost in my mind and I'm mad at myself but looking through pictures is making me laugh already :wub:

First day home with a bone - weirdo.

11-05-06_1458.jpg

She stayed in the very back of the kennel for a few days

11-26-06_1028.jpg

Wearing jammies from my first greyhound Opal, who was apparently quite a bit smaller :lol

Edeninjammies.jpg

The ONLY roach I ever saw out of her and I put her that way... and then continued to laugh for a while

12-31-06_1151.jpg

She welcomed her sister Missy and was taught how to be a dog - they loved each other

girlssnugglingcloseup.jpg

Early on I was not allowed to watch her play - as soon as she saw me she would stop so I was forced to video through the laundry room window. This will forever be my favorite video of my Skinny Minny.

http://s59.photobucket.com/user/shmmayjo/media/Pets/girlsplaying-movie.mp4.html?sort=6&o=122

Two pictures of the night before I let my sweet girl go.

Mins_zpsa4eef192.jpg

myoldgirl_zps1309ada6.jpg

Love you forever Skins... I'm sorry I didn't fight for you at the end but behind your bunny-soft ears will forever be my favorite place to be :beatheart:beatheart:beatheart

Edited by Opals_mom

Missing my bridge greys Opal and Eden and cat Bailey. Mom to Missy the Super Mutt and recent foster failure of Miley to mini-mutt.

I'm so sorry for your loss and that the vet wasn't more caring :( . Your girl is so beautiful.

Godspeed, Eden.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry for your loss and that the vet made the experience even more painful. I hope you will be easy on yourself and continue to find comfort in the photos and videos of your beautiful girl. Rest well, Eden.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Guest greytkidsmom

Good night sweet Eden.

Don't let humans outside of your relationship with Eden make you second guess yourself.

You made the most difficult and selfless decision and deserve to feel nothing more than peace and memories of the love you shared with her.

:grouphug I will add Eden's name to the list of Bridge Angels.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I'm so sorry for your loss of Eden. It's so painful to let them go no matter what the circumstances, but this must have been especially difficult with this vet. :grouphug Your pics of Eden are so beautiful and hopefully, some day you will find some comfort in them.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I am so very sorry for your loss. Eden was a beautiful girl. Her eyes hold the world.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

:weep

:grouphug

I'm going home and recording some of the antics of my own girls. So that I too can have memories before they are too sick to give them to the camera.

DO IT! I only have one video of my first grey and I knew I would want more the next time around. I have every day video's of dinner time and her being a bossy-pants and mundane things. You will cherish the everyday times :beatheart Granted video now-days is SO much easier to take than it was 10 years ago.

I have been having a fun time remembering all the funny things she did. Our supermutt got blamed for EVERYTHING because Eden was so sweet and perfect. One day we made dinner and DH went to get a drink from the fridge and said to Missy "you come with me - I don't trust you." We walked into the kitchen and heard a faint "clink clink" and looked at each other like :huh I walked into the living room to see DH's dinner plate minus the chicken and a skinny dog slinking to her room. I said "Eden" and she turner her head around with the chicken ever-so-daintily held in her front teeth... that she proceeded to dropp and went to her bed like :angel

We also had two beds stacked in their room and I was vacuuming one day and took the top one off to find a bunch of DH's used PT socks :sick my slippers and our remote control... Apparently those tasted yummy because it was her favorite - even at friends houses.

I got home from work on day and went to say Hi to her in her room, DH had company, I got in there and laughed. I said "DH, come in here" and pointed between her beds where there was about .5" of a 20-dollar bill hanging out. He said he thought I had taken his money but she was apparently stashing it away - probably for another remote :lol She didn't tear it or anything - just tried to hide it. After that her bed was the first place we looked when something went missing :blush

Edited by Opals_mom

Missing my bridge greys Opal and Eden and cat Bailey. Mom to Missy the Super Mutt and recent foster failure of Miley to mini-mutt.

So very sorry for the loss of your very special Eden.

Remember the good times, and smile........

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

The photos are beautiful, I especially love the one of Eden snuggling with Missy and their hooman, and the next one, where Eden is truly a beautiful, wonderful senior. Thank you for sharing those with us. I am so, very sorry for your loss and how much you are missing her now. What a lovely girl. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.