Please Meet Ewan!

It is my pleasure to introduce you to our new sweetheart, Ewan (racing name: Atascocita Ewan)! My husband and I brought him home on Friday, May 16, and he is SUCH a good boy. He's four years old and very curious about every single thing! Ewan is friendly, quiet, fairly confident, and a quick study.

During our kennel visit, we met 9 dogs. Ewan was the first, and I don't mind saying that he was my number-one choice all the way through. We loved others, too, and brought 3 back out to seriously consider. Of course, there wasn't a bad one in the whole bunch. But there was something about the way Ewan immediately walked over and stood right on top of me that I could not bear to leave behind. He did the same when my husband took the leash, and during our second visit with him, he also repeatedly led me right to the front lobby door, which — according to the kennel folks — the dogs only use once they've been adopted. What else was there to do, but take him to the car?

And here's the part where I post way too many photos. :wub: Thanks for indulging me!

Here's Ewan's glamour shot for the kennel's website.

1939588_10152460510423428_88329156957041

The ride home!

IMG_07531.jpg

First time on any of his beds! It took several hours for him to choose a bed over the carpeting (and he wasn't into our encouragement), but once he tried it, he never looked back!

10325574_10152199719183740_6230546736568

Two days home, and Ewan was already willing to just wait by the walk door until someone was willing to take him through it.

1613867_10152202688473740_87714483015764

Enjoying his backyard.

IMG_0788.jpg

What I see now whenever I try to move around.

IMG_0823.jpg

His first sustained roach exactly one week after coming home.

10411043_10152214877053740_7521887136771

Lisa

Dog mama to angel-boy Ewan (racing name Atascocita Ewan), 3/26/10 to 8/23/20, and angel-girl Asta (racing name Pazzo Asta), 6/16/01 to 9/7/13.

He is GORGEOUS! Welcome!

I love how he's giving directions in the car. :)

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

He is adorable! Congratulations :yay:banana:confetti

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

The co-pilot pic is my fave too. He's great! Welcome home Ewan, and congratulations!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Congrats to all of you, and welcome home Ewan! I love the car photo too!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Congrats!

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Welcome, Ewan! We're very partial to dark brindles in this house, too.

Two days home, and Ewan was already willing to just wait by the walk door until someone was willing to take him through it.

:lol

Asta would be proud and glad that you've given another hound a home.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter