Tori (Santoria) Dec 2, 1999 - May 6, 2014

Meandmy

I've tried to write this tribute about a dozen times, and I just don't know what to say that can truly describe my little quirky girl and what she meant to me. She was as stubborn as I am, and we sometimes didn't see eye-to-eye, but we eventually came to an understanding and we became incredibly close, especially as she got older. She was a part of our family for almost 8 and a half years, but it seems like the blink of an eye.

This is what she looked like when she came to us, just a week shy of her 6th birthday.

gallery_2863_3015_15677.jpg

And here she is when she turned 14.

gallery_2863_3015_675688.jpg

She was always a little bit different

gallery_2863_3015_1538.jpg

And her personality always shined through.

gallery_2863_3015_874518.jpg

Her spirit was willing, but her body was tired. So we let her go to run at the Bridge, where she is whole and happy.

Bless you, baby girl.

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a beautiful and obviously well-loved girl :wub: . I'm so sorry it was time for her to leave you.

Godspeed, precious.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Gosh, I've been in love with that beautiful white face for quite some time, now. Godspeed, Tori.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Those quirky ones really leave a mark. :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

What a wonderful girl, so full of personality and "being different" made her even more special :wub: Tori looked so beautiful at fourteen. I know how much you are going to miss your friend. :grouphug

Godspeed Tori.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest PiagetsMom

Jenn, I'm so very sorry. Your Tori was a beautiful girl, and I always had to look at her twice when I saw her picture. I know how much you loved her......you're in my thoughts :grouphug

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, sweet Tori.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

You've written a beautiful tribute. Your love shines through, and it is very evident that your gave your girlie a wonderful home. I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish they could stay with us forever. (((Hugs)))

Image removed, not within Signature Guidelines.
Forever Home on December 20, 2012
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
My Etsy Shop

I'm so sorry for your loss. I burst out in a big smile when I saw her before & after pics: oh what a beautiful white face! :beatheart They are so dear when they get so old & although it is comforting to know they are no longer tired, they leave a such big empty space behind. Godpseed Tori! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest larock

I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to your girl. I will always love the picture of her laying half in her bed. Godspeed sweet one...

I am so very sorry, the description of your relationship was beautiful :beatheart

Godspeed pretty Tori :f_pink

gtsigtest5-31-1-1.jpg?t=1338477409
Mom to Emmi (WM Lickety Split) & Asia (Devious Walker)
Waiting at the Bridge: Shadow, Willow, Tony, Nina, Reggie, Sunny, Webb, Rosie, Rowdy, Ivy, Smoke & Raina

Oh, her lovely white face reminds me so much of my Lydia (13 1/2). How blessed you were to have shared each other's lives. I'm so sorry you lost your precious Tori.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I am so very sorry for your loss. I am certain, that there will be a new star shining brightly in the heavens named Tori.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I am so sorry for your loss. She reminds me of Shana, a bit different, quirky and by all means stubborn. I have been so sad about it since you mentioned it to me. Hugs to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ho5U2p6.jpg?1

So, so sorry for your loss, our thoughts are with you and Tori :grouphug

GT_signature4_zpsfaaf7821.jpg

Padfoot the greyhound fr. Coach Venom, Joined his forever family: 10-1-13

Lupin the galgo, Joined his forever family: 7-18-14
And the reptiles: Bernie the Bearded Dragon and Tonks the Russian Tortoise

I am so sorry. Reading your tribute for your lovely girl it was almost word for word what would have been in my tribute for my angel Sadi...we adopted her a week short of her sixth birthday and she was with us until a couple of months after her fourteenth birthday, even the stubborn and quirky bit. If it's any consolation at least Tori will have someone at the bridge who is quite a lot like her, I do hope they become friends.

I just love the sofa pic where she's blowing a raspberry at you :beatheart

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

:f_pink So sorry for your loss of your beautiful girl. :grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting