Sadie (2002 - 2014)

MrAlexTheDog

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for sharing her with us through your beautiful photos. I'm so sorry for your loss, and am holding your family in my thoughts.

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Oh Steve, I am so deeply sorry for you and your family. Losing one family member is horribly heartbreaking, losing two in such a short time is unimaginable.

Our sincere thoughts are with you all. Sadie will be greatly missed by many of us.

Godspeed sweet Sadie. Hopefully, Katie helped guide her across the bridge. :gh_lay

I'm so, so sorry, Steve.

I am constantly showing people the video of Sadie playing leapfrog with her beds and the short one where she briefly stalks you :lol They show people how funny greyhounds can be. Sadie really was an extreme case of fun, though :) She really was one in a million. :grouphug

My friends and coworkers have seen that video umpteen times :beatheart

Link to the video: http://www.crackerdogphotography.com/Pets/Greyhounds/2005922_LkpD3x#!i=498228013&k=b5QSzVJ

Thank you so much, Steve, for sharing your sweet hounds with us. She and Katie are so loved. Nikki and Alex's sweetness also comes through in their photos. :grouphug

I am so very sorry that Sadie and Katie both had to leave so soon. :( I could never click fast enough to get into their photo threads when I saw them pop up. I can't imagine how you are feeling. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Edited by o_rooly

I'm so sorry for your loss of your beautiful Sadie. :grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I'm so very sorry. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

So very sorry for the loss of your beautiful Sadie.

Remember the good times...

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I'm so so sorry, Steve.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Steve - :cry1 it was a shock to see Gayle's Facebook post. I am so sorry for your loss of your "one in a million" Sadie. My thoughts are with you, Gayle & Rachel. I was very lucky to have met both of your girls in Kanab. :grouphug

gallery_15555_2884_10764.jpg
Adrienne - with the kitties Tippy & Tyler Too

Missing my bridge angels Boo Zsee, Java Bean (Nitro Kristen), Zeeba and Baer the not-so-miniature schnauzer

Just more hugs :grouphug I wish there were something I could do to help ease your pain. :(

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I'm so, so sorry, Steve.

I am constantly showing people the video of Sadie playing leapfrog with her beds and the short one where she briefly stalks you :lol They show people how funny greyhounds can be. Sadie really was an extreme case of fun, though :) She really was one in a million. :grouphug

I have those both saved to my desktop for viewing pleasure when I need it - That craziness is how I will always remember her :beatheart

Here is the link of her stalking for those who haven't seen it. I can't imagine how she is coping with the millions of beds that need to be fluffed in Rainbow Land. Instead of running free - be free and crazy sweet Sadie :beatheart:beatheart

http://www.crackerdogphotography.com/Pets/Greyhounds/2005922_LkpD3x#!i=712195012&k=RGcQmqG

Edited by Opals_mom

Missing my bridge greys Opal and Eden and cat Bailey. Mom to Missy the Super Mutt and recent foster failure of Miley to mini-mutt.

I have those both saved to my desktop for viewing pleasure when I need it - That craziness is how I will always remember her :beatheart

Here is the link of her stalking for those who haven't seen it. I can't imagine how she is coping with the millions of beds that need to be fluffed in Rainbow Land. Instead of running free - be free and crazy sweet Sadie :beatheart:beatheart

http://www.crackerdogphotography.com/Pets/Greyhounds/2005922_LkpD3x#!i=712195012&k=RGcQmqG

thanks for mentioning sadie's videos. i watched them a few times last night and it brought a smile to my face. she was the goofball of the four greys we've adopted. that was just part of her personality.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Seriously Steve...anytime I need a smile and a giggle, Sadie's videos help. :nod Especially after we lost Ace and it was just Miss Carrie here.

Her spirit was infectious and I can't thank you enough for sharing both of your beautiful girls (as well as the other furry members of your household) with all of us here. :beatheart

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

I am so very sorry for the loss of the lovely Sadie. Condolences. :grouphug :grouphug

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

I'm so deeply sorry.

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Steve, I'm so sorry for your loss.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

i'm still tip-toeing around sadie's bed next to my side of the bed before i go to sleep. i catch myself looking at her uneaten bit of dog cookie in her food bowl. i have to remind myself i don't need to go for a walk in the morning, at noon, and in the evening now. i even look at my camera and don't feel a reason to pick it up.

i expect to see this...:

20130925_0001-L.jpg

...but i don't.

it'll be hard to wait until may when we go get our puppy.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg