Wabi Visited Me For My Birthday (Dream)

Xan

Little Wabi, who passed Sept. 1 last year, visited me in a dream the morning of my birthday (the 16th). It was a dream-within-a-dream, in which I was aware that, while it was a dream, it was as real as she could make it. She came up to me and sat in her funny way, and looked at me until I allowed myself to believe it was her. I started petting her, talking to her, and she came forward, and collapsed into me in her own uniquely uncoordinated way for a nice cuddle, until I woke up. :wub::wub::wub:

Mimsy%2520X%2520sitting.jpg

our first meeting :wub:

On a sadder note, we were taking a load of trash to the dump this morning, and finally decided to take the blanket and comforter that had been in the car for her trip to and then with her body back from the e-vet. Weird alert: knowing they had the last remnants of her, bodily fluids I'm talking about here, brought back all the feelings of discarding her body that come with burying (or, I assume, sending off to be cremated), and I had the urge to cling to them. I did let them go, of course, but I'm still sitting here crying. :(

Ah well. It's a beautiful day. Wabi would not spend it crying over a blanket. ;) She is still my teacher. :bow2

Photo0266.jpg

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

She was such a special special girl. Truly missed by one and all.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

:beatheart That is wonderful, and for your birthday! So glad she came to visit you.

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

oh Wabi, thank you for visiting your mom -- she sure needed it!!!!

sending you TONS of hugs, Xan :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Xan, you know what, we have dandelions here in CT right now and I thought of your Wabi just the other day. How swell of her to visit you on your b'day :beatheart

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Sending you a big hug, Xan. :grouphug

Thank you for generously sharing your sweet baby with all of us here on Greytalk. Thank you.

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

She would be out gobbling the fall dandelions, for sure.

Hugs, Xan & DH.

Rest well, Wabi.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

So special that she visited you on your birthday. :beatheart Thank you for sharing her with all of us.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

And what a wonderful teacher she was, not only for you, but for all of us.

It's clear that she stopped by with one more lesson---love never really ends.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Arn't greyhounds amazing? Slim has visited me on my birthday before too. Funny how they know isn't it? You know only her body died; the Wabi that you loved is spirit and is with you still. She will be with you always. The heart knows what the mind can't understand. Greyhound love is always stronger than death lol. Thanks for sharing. She is still a very special girl!

"For love is as strong as death....

Many waters cannot quench love, nor can the floods drown it.

If a man would give for love all the wealth of his house, it would be utterly despised."

-Song of Solomon 8:6-7

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."

Helen Keller

Edited by racindog

And what a wonderful teacher she was, not only for you, but for all of us.

It's clear that she stopped by with one more lesson---love never really ends.

Aww! Yes. :)

I love that so many have been warmed and taught by this little sprite, who was with us so briefly! That her symbol is so ubiquitous that we keep being reminded, and so humble that the lesson is clearly about valuing even the most mundane blessings. :wub:

She was a Real Dog; a poop-eater, bed-stealer, snot-slinger, with bad dog-manners, but she was all the more precious for all the moments of exasperation and amusement, love and quiet companionship. Just like her name, she was a Wabi sabi dog. :wub: :wub: :wub:

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

I've always thought that Wabi's story would make an excellent children's book. Have you ever thought of writing & illustrating one about her? I think kids would really relate to her.

I have thought of that, Cheryl. Maybe someday I'll actually do it. I have a folder on my computer with some ideas .... It would just mostly be a labor of love, since there's so much competition out there, but maybe a publisher would take it on and market it ... Meanwhile, gotta make a living! ;)

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg