Charlie (Nov 20, 2002-April 21St, 2012)

Charlies_Dad

:grouphug I wonder if it really is that he isn't there or if you just can't see him with your earthly eyes? You know he left a little piece of his soul in with yours. Such powerful love...take comfort in that you will always be a part of each other whether you can visibly see each or not. Nothing can ever destroy the love (energy), not death or time or nothing. This message from a bridge angel to his mom helped me because I knew that it applied to my bridge angels too-as I believe it does to Charlie. I hope it helps you too. Here it is:

"The love is bigger than the pain. I know your heart is breaking terribly. But I promise you that your pain will subside over time, and our love, our love not only will survive, it will be stronger. Someday the horrible pain will be a memory of deep sadness but our love will still be vibrant and alive. Love is always bigger than pain. When you are hurting, reach for the love and I promise you will feel better."

I have indeed found it to be true.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

You guys. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Kyle, the loss can be so painful...no one can prepare you for the depths of it. At an intellectual level, you knew it would be painful, but at an emotional level, how could you ever have prepared for it?

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Kyle, a very belated response here, I'm sorry. We were in Europe when Charlie passed away.

Charlie was one of our heroes, as you know, he went through everything at the same time as Jamey. We were so hoping that Charlie would be one of the few to really beat that nasty OS. Alas, it was not to be, that evil OS won again. Charlie will always be remembered by you and Lynn and by us.

Hugs to you!

Tin and Michael and Angel Jamey, who is hopefully romping with Charieat the 'Bridge!

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

• 4 weeks later...

Missing you Charlie boy. It's only been two months and feels like forever...

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm so sorry Kyle. I realized I never posted in this thread, only in your thread in H&M. I know it doesn't help, but I know how difficult it is. For me it almost seemed more difficult a couple of months in. The pain hadn't lessened much for me, but everyone had shared their condolences and I was sort of left alone with my grief. It will get better though - that part in and of itself was sad, in some ways I felt like I should grieve that hard for the rest of my life, but of course that's not the way grief works - we probably wouldn't survive if it did. I sometimes still can't believe Charlie is gone - he was such a presence on GT and he, you and Lynn were such an inspiration to so many people dealing with osteo in their pups. I wish I could do more to help. :grouphug

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I miss him, too :grouphug

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

• 4 weeks later...

Three months since you left big guy and our world is not the same. You were our special boy and made even more so with your battle against Osteo. If I could go back now, I would take you on one last ride and never stop driving.....miss you beyond words can ever express.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

:grouphug :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

• 5 weeks later...

I did not forget you sweet boy and I never will. The pain is till sharp and your passing has broken your mom's heart. Hopefully you can show us in time that is okay to adopt again.

Edited by Charlies_Dad

I did not forget you sweet boy and I never will. The pain is till sharp and your passing has broken your mom's heart. Hopefully you can show us in time that is okay to adopt again.

((hugs to you both)) such a void they leave us.

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

• 1 month later...

It's been six months my sweet boy. I hope that you are running free now and someday we'll see each other again.