Sam

djsgreys

He came into our home as if he owned it, as if he had alwaysbeen there, and somehow I thought he always would be.

I was fairly new to the greyhound world, having had Zinny for just four months when Sam came into our lives. We had talked about getting a second grey sometime in the future but when we walked into a meet and greet and met Sam's Attaboy we knew he was the one.

It had taken Zinny 4 months to really settle in - it took Sam 4 minutes. He walked into the house, found the couch and that was that. I was a little scared of his size and insisted that we needed to go to obedience classes so that I would be comfortable handling him. What an incredible bond we shared from that moment on and I always forgot just how big he was until I would see a reflection in a store window as we walked.

DSC01451.jpg

As the fosters came and went, and as our pack grew, Sam took it all in stride. Sam had is own rules, and let any grey that did not follow them know about it. He was an awesome meet and greet dog and a true master at doing home visits. He loved to race in the yard, but he also liked to win and would bump anyone who tried to get in front of him.

Sam was my gentle giant - nothing pleased him more than cuddling up on the couch with me - enjoying a show on tv or reading a good book.

Samreading2.jpg

My heart is shattered - it all happened so quickly. Tonight you left us for a better place, where there is no pain from osteo and you can once again run freely. But oh how I will miss you - I'll never forget you my Sambo, and I will love you forever.

Edited by djsgreys

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry for the loss of your huge handsome houndie. :(:grouphug He sounds amazing.

:f_white:gh_run:f_white

Edited by greyhead
Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

What a beautiful tribute.

I am so sorry that cruel disease took him away from you.

:f_red

Godspeed, Sam.

Edited by Greydawg

Cheryl - "Mom" to RUNNER (Gunnah, born 6/15/2012) and FARGO (Ridin Shotgun, born 8/21/2015). Missing my Grey-Angels HEISMAN (RX Heisman) (3/29/2005-2/1/2016) and ALEX (Bevenly) (4/15/2005-6/7/2018).

Oh, Deb, my heart is broken for you. How sudden, how horrible.

What a wonderful tribute you've written for him. And the pictures are wonderful - he was a huge, handsome boy, wasn't he?

Be grateful for every wonderful day you shared with him. So sorry that ugly osteo took another of our beloved hounds.

Run fast & free, sweet Sam.

Barb, & the Girls

gallery_21421_3253_11008.jpg

Barb, Mom to Grey's Tickertape & Grey's McCarthy.
Always missing: Wizzie and Desi

:grouphug I am so very sorry. Your tribute to your sweet handsome man is just beautiful. :grouphug

Godspeed Sam :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest patgam

Deb and John, my heart is breaking! :cry1

Handsome Sam....run free sweetie.

Your tribute to Sam is beautiful.

Hugs to you, John and daCroo.

Miss Pat G

Deb, I am so very sorry. Sam was a beauty and very special. Got to love those big boys.

Run free Sam, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I was stunned and so saddened to read your news about Sam last night, Deb. Know that I am thinking about you and about your beloved Sam this morning. I'm sure that Bee Wiseman was there to meet Sam at the bridge. There they run, happy and whole, the way they were before osteo stole them away from us.

I am so sorry for your loss. :grouphug

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Oh no. I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet boy.

Run with the angels, Sam.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

A beautiful tribute. I am so sorry your handsome Sam had to leave so suddenly. Such a shock. Your picture made me smile, Sam is reading on of my favorite books. Run pain free sweet boy. :f_red

<p>Mom to Kyle (Diehard Kyle) & Angel Gracie (KB's Sankey) Foster Mom for AFG

Deb, there are no words, but know that are thoughts are with you, John and all your pack..

Sam, run free and whole. Find the big brindle girl. She always loved a good bump.

Love,

Marc and the Girls, most especially, his Duchess

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 He had to leave far too soon.

Godspeed Sam.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)