I Need Emergency Opinions

Guest greybookends

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greybookends

I had to go out for a couple of hours and just got home. I closed Bill in one of the bedrooms all by himself so he could rest undisturbed. If he stands up you can see where the blood from the hematoma has traveled and he now looks like he has a man boob. I am not looking forward to dinner later. I do however have a little leftover chili that should stimulate his appetite so I may not get him to eat everything but he should at least eat something.

He did eat pretty darn good last week and when they weighed him at the vet he has put on a couple of pounds so I was pleased about that.

He's not moving much right now I I will just let him be for now.

Hugs to you both. I know I may get flamed but hugs to Huey unfortunately he was just being a dog. I would just try to be "on guard" when the two are around each otherp

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

Just seeing this. Glad Bill is going to be okay. Darn little dogs, sometimes ya just wanna smack em! :lol As a small dog owner, I can say that. :lol

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

:bighug:getwell:hope:dogcookie :dogcookie

Bill and Lori and eberybody in your house. We is thinking of you and wishing the results of healing happen fast!!!

gallery_14635_3193_11799.jpg

Missing our pups at the Bridge--Amandas Kelsey 03-15-1996 to 05-02-2008; Melissa May 07-17-1998 to 11-23-2009; Emily's Maggie 10-05-1995 to 05-20-2010; Flying Kendra 01-13-2003 to 02-28-2011; Izzy (Smile Please) 06-27-2002 to 03-28-2012: Senator (EF Rob Statesman) 04-30-2000 to 12-30-2013: Secret (Seperate Secrets) 04-10-2003 to 08-03-2014: Tugboat (Thugboat) 06-07-2007 to 07-27-2015; Betsy (Bee Better Now) 12-04-2004 to 07-02-2017: Dottie ( Rooftop Spottie) 08-08-2004 to 05-11-2018:Abby (WW's Dear Abby) 11/2008-08/2020: Tiny (Piccadilly Girl) 08/2007-10/2020:  Tiller (Kelsos Tillerson) 10/30/2018: Heart (Lions Heart) 03/08/2014

Glad to hear Bill will be ok. In the meantime I hope he gets more comfortable...poor Bill

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I had to go out for a couple of hours and just got home. I closed Bill in one of the bedrooms all by himself so he could rest undisturbed. If he stands up you can see where the blood from the hematoma has traveled and he now looks like he has a man boob. I am not looking forward to dinner later. I do however have a little leftover chili that should stimulate his appetite so I may not get him to eat everything but he should at least eat something.

He did eat pretty darn good last week and when they weighed him at the vet he has put on a couple of pounds so I was pleased about that.

Just don't give him any left legs. (and if you're going to give him chili.....don't let him sleep in the room with you! :fart )

Guest greybookends

Just don't give him any left legs. (and if you're going to give him chili.....don't let him sleep in the room with you! :fart )

As long as he eats I am more than willing to endure a little, or a lot, of emissions.

I'm so sorry Bill got hurt :( :( :(

hoping he's feeling better and eating ok :(

Larry and Nube went at it twice in the past month.. :( the first time Nube got nailed and had a large tear in the area right above the tuck, had to be stitched up. Fortunately the 2nd time no one got hurt. It is SO scary :( I didn't see either fight so no idea what started it, I am not leaving either alone in a room anymore. :(

hugs to Bill!!! :grouphug

Edited by RaineysMom

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest Mom2Shiloh

If you have a way to pick some up, Traumeel would be super good for Bill's soreness! It's a homeopathic for bruising and injuries and it WORKS... I take it for my R.A. It comes in a run and in pill form.

Is Huey a pibble (pitbull) or a smaller terrier? Don't get me wrong I lived with and adored an American Pit Bull Terrier named Sammy for 8+ years; it's just that when they get a 'thing' with another dog and start 'yelling' at them or 'go off on' them with some chomps, I would absolutely separate the perpetrator ongoing any time you're not right there and overnight.

Sammy was perfect with everyone, that being said, when Joanna (a very small, long-coated GSD) was sick and we didn't know it, he started 'yelling' at her (a yell is a canine roar given while rushing at the target.... scary!) and for her last 3 or 4 months I kept them separate all the time. Of course, I always tucked Sammy in 'his room', the study, with a baby gate overnight and whenever I went out -- for his whole life with me-- for no other reason than that I was taught you had to set the breed up to succeed, not fail. It's just a terrier management thing with some types of terriers, no just pibbles.

I hope Bill feels 100% real soon.

Oh dear...just seeing this now.

Poor, poor Bill :kiss2

:bighug

for you, Lori

I also like to use Traumel cream for lumps, bumps and bruises.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Guest greybookends

He's sore. However he did just steel my spot on the couch. I wish he was eating more but hey, I should be used to this by now. All in all he's doing ok.

Sounds like he's on the mend and on the way back to being "Bill." Glad to hear he's doing ok.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life