Mandys Grace

Burpdog

I met her the weekend of Sandy Paws which was not long (perhaps 2 weeks) after Austin went to the bridge. We visited B&J kennels at the Jacksonville track. I got whacked by the big boys and loved on, then I opened Grace's crate. She demurely wagged her tail and softly put her head on my shoulder. I got sucked in big time. That was probably the one and only time Grace was demure & soft! I called her Austin's joke to me. I contacted her owner and arranged to adopt her when her race and breeding career were done. No breeding career so she came home a few years sooner than expected. In retrospect, that was a very good thing.

Greyhound_Mandys_Grace-_3.jpg

She retired from Orlando, and went to spend a little time with Marilyn:

GraceMarilyn.jpg

We were all fortunate that Pam Davis was coming my way that Christmas, and on 12/23 (the day Magic went to the bridge several years before) Grace came home. Marilyn & Chrissy were fortunate that Grace left and I was fortunate that I didn't have to drive to Florida to pick her up....

100_0777.jpg

She was rude and obnoxious to the other dogs. She was a people person. And, she wanted the people for herself. She was the only dog I could do nails on by myself, if I wanted to do ears I'd pick up the q tips and ask her if she wanted her ears done and she would run over -- anything that was for her was fine :)

Talking with her over the past few days about going to the bridge, she clearly adopted the attitude of "I can't hear you".....she wanted to stay, pure and simple. So young and she didn't want to go.

As I said: I don't know how much more heart I have to break.

I am glad she waited long enough for me to really love her. I even liked her. Anyone who has had a diva pita come into their lives, knows what I mean.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry. She was such a beautiful girl. I'm glad she got to share her life with you.

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

I remember when you met her Diane. I'm so sorry she had to leave so soon. Godspeed Grace, you get up there to the bridge and just give em heck.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I am so sorry. The ones that make you work so hard leave such a large space.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

My deepest sympathy.

:f_pink

Godspeed Grace

Edited by djsgreys

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Gentle hugs to you...

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

I am so sorry Diane. I know what a huge presence a diva can make in your life, so I understand the loss you are facing. My heart is breaking for you.

Many Hugs,

Carol Ann.

flowers_pink.gifflowers_white.gifflowers_pink.gif

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

I am so sorry you did not have more time with her....losing them is hard...losing them young is even harder....

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021