Cocktail Kitty

Guest greytfulhounds

Guest greytfulhounds

I never thought, in a million years, that I would be writing another memorial so soon. There are even moments that I am in utter disbelief but the reality is that 4 weeks to the day that I lost my heart boy, Hunter, I lost my beautiful, sweet Miss Kitty. :brokenheart

Miss Kitty came into our home, 9 years ago, as our first “real” foster. We were of the belief that we were going to give her a home until her broken leg healed & then she would move on to a forever home. This is also when we realized what horrible foster parents we were & how we could never let go of this amazing girlie that had stolen our hearts. :inlove

Not only was Kitty beautiful, gentle & sweet but she was also extremely shy. In the beginning this was a challenge, especially for my husband as she seemed to have a harder time with men than she did with women. When all was said & done she became my husband’s heart hound. Miss Kitty & I loved each other very much, but she was for sure a daddy’s girl. It was an honor & a blessing to share my life with one of the “shy ones”. I learned so much from Miss Kitty about the rewards of being patient & the great joys in the smallest gestures. The moments when Miss Kitty allowed you into her space or came to you looking for attention were moments to be treasured & more often than not included a Miss Kitty kiss.

Kitters also loved to run & play in her yard! :gh_run Even at 13 years old she still acted like a puppy when I would open up the gate to the big yard & would go busting through to run a lap or two.

Although shy in her dealings with us humans, she was not shy at all with her singing voice when a roo fest would break out; her beautiful voice always participated in the chorus & could be heard half way down the block.

Kitty loved having her neck scratched & ears rubbed. Kitty always knew when my mom came to visit that grandma would give unlimited neck scratches so she could always be found standing next to grandma’s chair. :)

Through Miss Kitty we made some wonderful friends. We were fortunate to meet her brother Boomer & his family, her sister Chrissy & her family and Mary, her grandmother…..well sort of, Mary had shared her life with Kitty’s mother, Spirit & although we never got to meet Spirit in person we did meet Mary…….all of these folks have become friends for life.

Miss Kitty started to have seizures at 11 ½ yrs old. :( We ran multiple tests & my vet believed, short of an MRI, that there was a strong possibility that since she started to seize at an older age that we were dealing with a brain tumor. The last 3 ½ months of her life we were able to control the seizures with a holistic medication. But, the morning of January 30th, Miss Kitty suffered her final seizure & she never regained consciousness. I rushed her to the ER vet but we barely got in the door & the vet was telling me that she was in the process of leaving us; so we gave her peace & sent her on her journey to be reunited with Hunter & our other furry babies waiting for us at the Bridge.

My heart is broken but what joy my heart holds from the gift of having Miss Kitty share my life these past 9 years. Godspeed my beautiful angel; I love you with all my heart.

:f_pink:gh_lay:f_pink

Kitty, Joanie & Hunter.....this was Kitty's first Dewey Beach, 2003

Kitryjoaniehunter.jpg

Kitty showing off her necklace from Aunt Hope

kittynose.jpg

Kitty & her brother Boomer at Dewey Beach

boomerkittyjpg.jpg

My beautiful girl.........

Sherry1771.jpg

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 What an absolutely gorgeous grey face she had.

Godspeed Kitty.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

What an incredible girl, and so very lovely, I'm sorry she had to leave you.

Godspeed, precious.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Your tribute is beautiful. All of her photos show the special girl she was but my favorite is her showing off her necklace, "Look at meeee", oh she knew how stunning she was. I'm so very sorry Miss Kitty had to go. :grouphug

Godspeed pretty girl :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest vahoundlover

Another beautiful sweet soul to watch over you and watch over you they will. I know it hurts and you miss her so much. :grouphug Never forget she is always in your heart and memories.

Godspeed Miss Kitty :f_pink

I am so sorry your beautiful girl had to leave. That picture of her new necklace brought a smile to my face.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

So sorry for you loss.

Remember all the good times....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I am so sorry for your loss.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Her beautiful face brought tears to my eyes. I'm so sorry you had to say good bye.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I'm so sorry for your loss. Kitty was a beautiful girl & so lucky to be so loved. Godspeed Kitty! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis