Arwen, The Traumatized Galgo

robinw

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jettcricket

Oh no....how terribly tragic for this sweet little girl. My heart goes out to her people....RIP baby girl. Your safe now in the arms of the angels. :f_pink

sad.gifflowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

:cry1 My heart goes out to Kim. :grouphug

:gh_run

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Oh noooooooooo... :brokenheart :brokenheart :brokenheart How tragic :weep

I am so happy that she experienced love and understanding in the last three weeks of her life... she deserved more from life, she knew goodness knows how much anguish and suffering... but at least in the last few days of her all-too-short life, she knew a gentle hand on her fur, a calm reassuring voice, smiling eyes looking into hers, and Love.

Rest in peace, Arwen... :gh_run2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I'm so very sorry Robyn and Kim. Arwen in the end was loved by so many and especially by her people. She carried that love with her when she left. Be at peace now sweetheart.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Robin, my heartfelt sympathies go out to Kim and to you. I read this at work and was crying so hard that I had to shut my computer down. This is utterly tragic to lose Arwen right at the beginning of her happy years. I am so very sorry. Bless you and Kim for your work with the Galgos.

I am so very very sorry ! :( :( :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Oh no, I didn't want to see her name here. My heart is breaking. Run free sweet girl. We won't forget you.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

Guest iconsmum

I posted about Arwen, the traumatized galgo from Fundacion Benjamin Mehnert, several times. I worked with her a lot while I was there, and when I left, a very dedicated volunteer named Kim took over. Kim adopted her and Arwen went to her new home in Germany on November 25, 2011; not even three weeks ago. As happens so often with traumatized dogs, yesterday she got away. Her lifeless body was found at the train station this morning. They think she touched the electric rail.

Arwen had a very hard life and we'll never know the horrors she experienced. She had found a wonderful home and I'm sure her last three weeks were like heaven.

Please keep Kim in your thoughts. She is really beating herself up.

RIP Arwen. We love you.

Arwen at FBM

DSCF0681-1.jpg

Arwen at home

Arwen.jpg

Robin? What became of the black and white dog in the picture, do you know? It drives me to tears.

Robin? What became of the black and white dog in the picture, do you know? It drives me to tears.

that's Martina. I think she's been adopted, but I can check and get back to you. I understand she has come a long way since I took that picture :)

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

This just breaks my heart....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.