Arwen, The Traumatized Galgo

robinw

I posted about Arwen, the traumatized galgo from Fundacion Benjamin Mehnert, several times. I worked with her a lot while I was there, and when I left, a very dedicated volunteer named Kim took over. Kim adopted her and Arwen went to her new home in Germany on November 25, 2011; not even three weeks ago. As happens so often with traumatized dogs, yesterday she got away. Her lifeless body was found at the train station this morning. They think she touched the electric rail.

Arwen had a very hard life and we'll never know the horrors she experienced. She had found a wonderful home and I'm sure her last three weeks were like heaven.

Please keep Kim in your thoughts. She is really beating herself up.

RIP Arwen. We love you.

Arwen at FBM

DSCF0681-1.jpg

Arwen at home

Arwen.jpg

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FullMetalFrank

Oh, I am so sorry... :( The last picture speaks volumes; her last three weeks were spent in a home, with stuffies and soft blankies and love. I wish she could have stayed longer; my heart goes out to her adoptive family. Godspeed, Arwen....

Oh no! I am so sorry. How tragic that after all she had been through and overcome, that she had so little time to experience a loving home

Run free Arwen - no more traumas, no more pain, only happiness for you now.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Oh Robin this is absolutely heartbreaking for all who cared for this frightened girl. Please share my condolences with Kim and let her know she is in my thoughts and that I weep for her loss, but especially for Arwen who deserved more time learning to know what it means to be loved.

So sad. Kim, please don't beat yourself up, Arwen left a much-loved little girl. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug For Robin, Kim, and Arwen.

Godspeed little won.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

My heart breaks for Kim and Arwen.

Edited by LaFlaca

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Oh no! My heart goes out to Kim. I know it's of little comfort to her now but at least for 3 weeks this sweet angel was in heaven on earth. Now I need to find some tissue.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

So sorry Arwen had to go and leave Kim and the wonderful life Kim had given her. IMO we really have no control over when they cross over-we may think we do but we don't. If she wouldn't have left via the train station than it would have just been another way. I cannot help but notice that this type of thing seems to occur often with the best and most loving owners. Don't know why-it seems like its an injustice-but maybe its because a situation such as this requires the deep love such people have. My deepest sympathy to all concerned.

Arween, I'm so sorry you had to leave so soon after finding your wonderful forever home but as you know you are and will be loved always. Run free fast, happy & healthy little one.

:f_pink :f_pink :f_red :f_red :f_pink :f_pink :gh_run:candle

Rest in peace, beautiful dog. She was blessed to have had three wonderful weeks with Kim--without her, Arwen would not have known love and HOME. Not long enough by any stretch, but sometimes you only get a little while.... :(

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

How heartbreaking. Run free sweet girl! No need to fear anymore, run and play with the others that were taken much too soon. :gh_run2

Image removed, not within the Greytalk signature guidelines of <15 KB file size limit. Your image was 20.27 KB (20,760 bytes) file size.