Poppy Doyle

Bevd

Last May, Poppy was very poorly and we thought we were going to have to say goodbye to her. But she was just fooling us and she went on to enjoy her 13th birthday and then Christmas and then saw in 2010 and enjoyed the first few months of that too. But as 2010 has worn on, Poppy has got more and more tired. Well, her mind didn't get tired and her eating mechanism never wavered, but her back legs were very tired indeed.

She saw the vet the other day and we all concluded that she was well enough to potter on but today she was struggling and so we took her in this afternoon to be reunited with Tetley who left us yesterday.

We've been here before, with having to say farewell to two dogs within two days (actually this time, it's two dogs within one day) and it sort of makes it harder to do, because it's almost beyond comprehension. But when it's got to be done, it's got to be done, even if the timing is particularly horrendous.

Raise your glasses (and ideally your soft dog treats) to Poppy

poppy260410b.jpg

16th August 1996 - 10th June 2010

Back together again

poppy040509a.jpg

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:bighug to you and your family !

:candle :candle :candle

Poppy, run fast and free with your friends at the bridge

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

I am so sorry for your double loss. sad.gif She was a beautiful girl. Godspeed Poppy! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Oh how very tragic!! Miss Poppy may have been grieving for Tetley... the only consolation is that they are together. I hope that brings you some comfort, Bev. So very sorry.... :-( Safe journey, Tetley and Poppy...

Jackie with Tangerine and Chimes

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

Oh Bev, I'm so sorry to see this. It's hard to write how I feel. My DD is worried about her 15 yr old Chow/Grey and a few others right now. I went thru the multiple bridge crossings 2 years ago & they are terrible. Hope everyone else is ok. Hugs to all at the Doyle house.

I'm so sorry Bev. :(

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Bev, my heart is absolutely broken for you. So much loss in such a short time. I'm so sorry :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

:f_white

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Bad enough to loss 1 dog but 2 a day apart is almost to much. So sorry for you & your family :f_pink

Poppy & Tetley :angelwings at the bridge for all eternity

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Many tears being shed here in Florida. Run free sweet Poppy. I am sure that your Brother Tetley was waiting at the gate to welcome you.

Hugs,

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

{{{{{{{{{{Bev & Marc}}}}}}}}}}

Poppy, say hi to your brother Tetley for us. Rest well, beloved.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh my, I am so sorry, Bev! grouphug.gif

Godspeed Poppy, find Tetley at the Bridge, sweetie ghrun.gif

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Oh God, Bev- I am so very sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I can only imagine the grief you are feeling to lose two of your babies in such a short time. I am so sorry for your losses.

I loved your tribute picture - together again - and that is how they always be now.

Run free together Tetley and Poppy.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com