Biscuit

Guest Tenderhearts

Guest Tenderhearts

Biscuit was my sweet, shy, unassuming dog who preferred to lay off somewhere by herself, and it seemed the other dogs sensed that.

She came to me at 8 months of age, out of a second litter born to a half timber wolf/half chow mother, Lupe. Her owners had inundated family/friends with pups, and Biscuit was left without a home.

They were going to euthanize her because they didn't want her. It was a no-brainer for me.

She was my 'smiler', and often scared people because they thought she was baring her teeth at them!

She was treated for a heavy heartworm load at age 4, and the mother dog also tested positive a short time later. So we knew they had likely both contracted heartworms the summer that Biscuit had still been with Lupe.

She came through treatment with flying colors despite the vet's concerns. I was forewarned that she would not live nearly as long as a healthy dog because her heart was so damaged.

She's not the first dog who got the last laugh on my vet's predictions around this house.

Occasionally she would get a wild hair, give one of the dog blankets a death shake or two, then stand there smiling at me as if to say, "Look Ma, look what I did!"

One of her endearing quirks was to wait until I sat down to put on my tennis shoes, and as soon as I went to tie them, she would bury her head in my lap and root her head around until I gave her butt scritchies. She knew I couldn't tie my shoelaces when she was doing that, and it was almost as if she was saying she didn't want me to leave.

There is such a huge hole in my heart today, and it feels so tired. :cry1

There were only three bowls to fill for breakfast this morning.

I know my sweet Biscuit, my BooBoo Bear, is in much good company over the bridge.

Godspeed sweet girl, and some day I will see you again.

122807biscuit.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry :(

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Devon, I am so sorry for your loss. Biscuit was such a sweet soul. May you find some comfort for your heavy heart.

flowers_pink.gifflowers_pink.gifflowers_pink.gif

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Biscuit knew what love was the minute she was yours. You gave her a good life. I am so sorry for your loss. I've put Biscuit on the Bridge Angels list.

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Biscuit.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm sorry for your loss, DeVon. :cry1 Biscuit was a beloved companion and will live on forever in your heart. :beatheart

Godspeed, sweet girlie... :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I'm so sorry, Devon!!! :cry1 :cry1 :f_pink

she sure was lucky to have you as her mom -- and you for having her too :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway