Bailey Bloated Last Night

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can try scrambling up eggs with some cheese in them .... they will usually gobble them right up when they won't eat other things. :nod

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

*****UPDATE Thursday Morning*****

I wasn't planning on staying long, because I didn't want to bother her, but she was ended up taking some nice deep breaths and sighs and sleeping sound soundly, that I stayed with her until we transferred her to the after hours clinic... so I was with her for 4.5 hours.

Bother her....your presence is one of the greatest healing gifts you can give her. Best wishes to her for a full recovery.

Judy,

Mom of Nadir, Beanie, and Bruiser

****Update 12:30****

This will be short, I don't want to be away from her for too long.

She is home and looks okay. She actually drove home standing with her head out the window. That's what she lives for - car rides.

I use Carrier's ramp to help her out of the car - didn't think that I would be pulling that out quite so soon. She walked to the back door and no problem getting up the two stairs on the porch. walked into the kitchen and straight to the water bowl. I allowed her a little bit at a time and then offered her some chicken & broth baby food. She had a bit... and would you know the only way she would eat it was out of hand... just like her brother :wub:

It I made her a few comfy beds around the house but she was having trouble getting down on her own, so I tucked her bum down and managed to get her to lay down. She has been sleeping since 11:15 with me beside her on the floor. Once i move my hand she paws for me. breaks my heart.

I am cooking some rice for her now and will try the cooked meat as well.

I have rice, chicken, beef, pumpkin, baby chicken food, ensure and bananas on hand.

will let you know how we make out. Her eyes are bright and alert which is a good sign.

****Update 12:30****

This will be short, I don't want to be away from her for too long.

She is home and looks okay. She actually drove home standing with her head out the window. That's what she lives for - car rides.

I use Carrier's ramp to help her out of the car - didn't think that I would be pulling that out quite so soon. She walked to the back door and no problem getting up the two stairs on the porch. walked into the kitchen and straight to the water bowl. I allowed her a little bit at a time and then offered her some chicken & broth baby food. She had a bit... and would you know the only way she would eat it was out of hand... just like her brother :wub:

It I made her a few comfy beds around the house but she was having trouble getting down on her own, so I tucked her bum down and managed to get her to lay down. She has been sleeping since 11:15 with me beside her on the floor. Once i move my hand she paws for me. breaks my heart.

I am cooking some rice for her now and will try the cooked meat as well.

I have rice, chicken, beef, pumpkin, baby chicken food, ensure and bananas on hand.

will let you know how we make out. Her eyes are bright and alert which is a good sign.

I'm glad she's home and doing okay!!!!!

just curious, when Nube bloated (and had the same surgery done, or at least the gastroplexy part) he was only allowed the Science Diet wet food (the one that's easy to digest, maybe called K & D? -- it's mostly rice if I remember correctly).....

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

just curious, when Nube bloated (and had the same surgery done, or at least the gastroplexy part) he was only allowed the Science Diet wet food (the one that's easy to digest, maybe called K & D? -- it's mostly rice if I remember correctly).....

The vet told me she can stay on her regular diet - which is raw, but for the next few days she should be eating bland foods.

I have a call into the lady that make the dog food to see what alterations we can make in the future for Bailey's food.

*****UPDATE Thursday Morning*****

I wasn't planning on staying long, because I didn't want to bother her, but she was ended up taking some nice deep breaths and sighs and sleeping sound soundly, that I stayed with her until we transferred her to the after hours clinic... so I was with her for 4.5 hours.

Bother her....your presence is one of the greatest healing gifts you can give her. Best wishes to her for a full recovery.

Judy,

Mom of Nadir, Beanie, and Bruiser

You are right, I think it help her a lot. But sometimes I find that they anxious when you see them in that state and all they want to do is get up and go home... which at that time she wasn't ready. I am glad I was able to stay with her for so long and even drive her with the vet tech to the after hours clinic.

Yeay!! She's home with her mom and siblings!!

Okay, young lady, now get all better, and no more fooling around scaring your mom to death!

:bighug :bighug :bighug

Eva - I have to go with Xan on this one too! Glad to hear Bailey is home and recovery will be just that much faster.

Robin, Judy, and, Shadow

I just saw this. I am so glad she is home and doing well. Sending healing prayers and gentle ear scritches to Bailey. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest Vinnie

Yay, home relaxing and being with the family is the perfect way to heal and feel better. Continued chants for healing and bouncing back to her fun self. Along with hoping that you get some down time too - your nerves must be ready to scream from being tense this whole time. Sending hugs and scritches.

continuing to send prayers for your Bailey!!!! :hope :hope :hope

I know Nube had an incision about 14 inches long and was bruised terribly after his surgery. It was 2 weeks before we let him go upstairs (we have a tri-level so we lived on one level) and finally stay by himself in his crate while we were back at work (I was lucky, I was able to work from home and/or take vacation days). Needless to say I was probably over-protective and over-paranoid :lol:blush:blink:

sending more hugs to you guys! :bighug :bighug

eta to fix my emoticons :rolleyes:

Edited by RaineysMom

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

So glad she's home, and getting the TLC that only a Mom can give.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm just catching up on things. My goodness you guys have been through it. I'm so glad she's home again. Hoping for a speedy recovery for your girl.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee