Bailey Bloated Last Night

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jurishound

Oh Eva - I am so sorry to hear you are experiencing all of this! Hang in there - Bailey sounds like she is in very good hands. Sending good wishes your way for her rapid recovery! :hope:grouphug

***UPDATE***

Just spoke to the vet. Bailey is out of surgery and doing well.

They removed her spleen. It's weighed 1.5 kg (that's almost 4 pounds!!!!). For the rest of the information, you will have to bare with me, as I not 100% sure with all the medical talk that they told me. Here goes...

there was a piece of tissue from her stomach that was blocking the entry to her "pyodorm" or spleen (not sure) and blocked the blood supply. So that is why her tummy was filling up with gas - so it's good that we know why this was happening. Her spleen was massive and also folded over underneath her tummy - pretty much things were not where they should have been.

There were some nodules attached to the spleen - called, I think.... cytoric nodules. But they said that these are consistent with older dogs. However, they are sending everything out for a pathology report. Everything looked normal in the sense of appearance, just not size or location.

I get to visit her later today and then she is being move to the over night e-vet for observation of blood pressure and pain meds etc.,

If all goes well, she will be home tomorrow.

Thanks for the good thoughts - they mean a lot. I will let you know how she does. I can't believe this happened today - yesterday was a completely normal day. It's scary how things can change so quickly.

Edited by LadyBailey

So far, it sounds like good news-praying that she makes a complete recovery and will be home with you soon.

Poor baby!

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Holy petunias, Eva. Sending lots of good thoughts for your girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending lots of prayers and white light for a complete recovery. :bighug:bighug:getwell:hope:hope:hope:candle

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Holy Moley, Eva - I just saw this!!! Thank doG everything is turning out okay, what a strong girlie she is! We will keep all of you in our thoughts, and fingers crossed for an uneventful homecoming tomorrow!

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Healing thoughts and prayers for you and you pup. This is one of my biggest fears for all the puppers because it is so time sensitive. So glad you caught it early!

:candle:hope:candle:hope:candle:hope

gallery_16678_2973_7526.jpg

TNT Star Wars X Oshkosh Enigma King's Pedigree
King's sisters: Oshkosh Updraft, Dazie and forever in our hearts Oshkosh Ultra, Lily (3/7/03-2/18/13)

Just seeing this now. Glad to hear she's doing well. Sending prayers and good thoughts for an uneventful and swift recovery.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Eva, I can't believe this. Bailey is a special girl, one I wanted so much I had to get a look alike. :lol

Prayers she has an uneventful healing and nothing odd shows up in the path report. Hugs to you, Tim and the pups.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I'm a late arrival too! I'm so glad to hear that Bailey has had her surgery. Sending lots of good wishes for a full and speedy recovery (and of course, fab path news when it comes).

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!