Bailey Bloated Last Night

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

****Update August 11****

Hi everyone,

Bailey is doing well. She had a good sleep on Friday night and Saturday was a quiet day. On Sat evening our friends from Virginia came for a visit. They have 4 greyhounds (that were at home) so they were very aware of the fact that Bailey needed her rest and we happy to just hang out. We had a quiet dinner and just sat around for the night (with some wine :P )

Bailey decided that she wanted to sleep on the couch that night and quickly went into a roach. She slept like that for the entire night and woke up well rested. On Sunday she even played with her pink piggy and was acting like her ol' self. However, last night she seemed off and this morning as well, so her vet came by to see her and he said that everything was fine... so more than likely she over did it yesterday. Of course after the vet left, she was fine and slept most of the day. She is sleeping so soundly that she is going into REM - so she is healing well too.

She is eating really well - cooked chicken, with some pumpkin or squash and tonight even had an egg with dinner. Her back foot that was swollen is looking much better too.

The pathology report hasn't come in yet - but the vet is pretty sure that it's not a cancer, since her spleen did look pretty normal, aside from it's massive size... but he knows and we know that there is still a chance. Will let you know when we get the report - hopefully tomorrow

Thanks for the update! And what a greyt update it is :yay :yay :yay So glad to hear that Bailey seems to be getting better and back to her old self. Sending kisses and scritches her way :):kiss2

Keeping my fingers crossed for a good report tomorrow :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest HoustonGreys

What wonderful news --- way to go, Bailey! :clap I was so impressed that your vet did a home visit! My vet lives very close to me but has never offered that. Sending prayers and good thoughts for continued improvement and total healing!

****Update August 11****

Hi everyone,

Bailey is doing well. She had a good sleep on Friday night and Saturday was a quiet day. On Sat evening our friends from Virginia came for a visit. They have 4 greyhounds (that were at home) so they were very aware of the fact that Bailey needed her rest and we happy to just hang out. We had a quiet dinner and just sat around for the night (with some wine :P )

Bailey decided that she wanted to sleep on the couch that night and quickly went into a roach. She slept like that for the entire night and woke up well rested. On Sunday she even played with her pink piggy and was acting like her ol' self. However, last night she seemed off and this morning as well, so her vet came by to see her and he said that everything was fine... so more than likely she over did it yesterday. Of course after the vet left, she was fine and slept most of the day. She is sleeping so soundly that she is going into REM - so she is healing well too.

She is eating really well - cooked chicken, with some pumpkin or squash and tonight even had an egg with dinner. Her back foot that was swollen is looking much better too.

The pathology report hasn't come in yet - but the vet is pretty sure that it's not a cancer, since her spleen did look pretty normal, aside from it's massive size... but he knows and we know that there is still a chance. Will let you know when we get the report - hopefully tomorrow

Very good news for you and Bailey! Thanks for the updates, please keep them coming.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

I'm so glad she's doing well!!!! Her tummy looks a lot better than Nube's did after his :) :) :) Like I said, he was super bruised up.

P5010322.jpg

continuing to send prayers for your girl!!!! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Sending more hugs and prayers for Bailey. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so glad she's doing so well. What a relief!!!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

***UPDATE AUGUST 12****

we got the pathology report back today..... and..... I WANT TO SCREAM WITH JOY!!!!! :banana:bounce1:clap:confetti :confetti :yay :yay

N-O C-A-N-C-E-R

Her spleen was completely clean of any tumors. Basically it was just packed with Red Blood Cells - the vet called it a "congestion".

She is on the mend. Eating and playing and of course still resting. Thank you so much everyone for your kind posts and thoughts for Bailey. They worked.

Wonderful news!! Everyone's prayers have been answered.

:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

:colgate :colgate :colgate :colgate

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)