Bailey Bloated Last Night

Sending healing thoughts your way. :hope

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the time the biggest worry when they go into the torsion is the back up of all "bad stuff" when they straighten it out all that "bad stuff" rushes their system and causes major problems.

We lost a racer after surgery was done due to this :(

Many good thoughts and tons of prayers headed your way. Do they have any idea why she's bloating so much?

They don't know why she is bloating. Yesterday was a completely normal day. She was fine all day and was normal when we kissed her good night. There was no running before or after her meal. She eats raw, but dinner was just the ground meat with veggie - which she has been eating for months without problem.

The vet did address the "bad stuff" rushing into their system and said that they are aware of this happening. Specifically the spleen - so they are going to check everything thoroughly and remove the spleen if needed.

god I hope this works.

Update 11:30

She is on the table. The vet just called to let us know that her spleen is 4 times the size it should be... so they are removing it. Good Lord. I hope that all of this will help her and she will be feeling fine again soon.

thanks for the good thoughts - you are all wonderful

Good thoughts and white light for Bailey.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Sending many more positive thoughts and get well wishes for Bailey and hugs for you. :hope:bighug

I know that the waiting is the worst part but I'm sure that Bailey is under the best of care. :thumbs-up Please do keep us posted.

Chris, with Bixby (aka Clive Bixby, fka Taplin's Bull) and the feline buggle brothers, Oliver and Salem.

Kelsey (Watch the Kick), forever in my heart.

Adding my prayers and good thoughts to all those for beautiful Bailey. What a frightening time for you - it sounds like Bailey is getting the best of care and everything possible will be done for her. Hugs to you and fingers crossed here that Bailey will have a quick recovery! :candle :candle :grouphug :grouphug

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Adding good thoughts and fast-healing chants from here!

I know a senior guy who bloated, had surgery, and is just the picture of health 3 years later, so keep your faith!!

Oh, and Wabi the Spleenless says, no biggy there! :)

:bighug :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Your poor lil' girl. :( Adding my prayers for a successful surgery and uneventful recovery, back to perfect health. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Oh, Eva, I'm so glad you rushed her right in.

Poor baby girl must have been so miserable.

Prayers for her and for you guys - you need to catch a break!!!

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Oh no! :ohno Just seeing this. Eva, I'm so sorry. Thank you for keeping us updated... I will be keeping Bailey in my thoughts. Sending hugs your way. Keeping my fingers crossed that the surgery goes well. It's so great that you can trust your vets implicitly, I remember reading your posts about how wonderfully Carrier was taken care of. It means so much.

:grouphug:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest taylorsmom

My friend's non-grey dog bloated last year, had the stomach-tacking surgery and has done beautifully ever since. I am saying prayers for Bailey!

Praying for Bailey too, hope she pulls through and is feeling better soon.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

sending prayers!!!! :hope :hope :hope

been through bloat myself, with Nube. Glad you caught it when you did!!!!!

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

More Prayers and White Light for Bailey. We have had two greyhounds that had their spleens removed. They both made out fine.

:candle:hope:candle:hope:candle:hope:candle:hope:candle:hope

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)