Bailey Bloated Last Night

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest paulamariez

Sending loads of prayers, love and light for precious Bailey. May she have a quick and complete recovery with no complications!

OMG, what a mess.

I'm so very sorry. It does, though, sound very promising at this point. It's fortunate that you and your vets decided to operate.

I hope she heals quickly and well.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Hugs and white light to you!

We had a Great Dane that bloated w/torsion, had the surgery and lived a long and completely normal life. Your vets sound like good doctors - they found the problem and fixed it and you'll have your girl home and bouncing aorund in no time!!

It was good that she "just" bloated. With torsion, the blood vessels are blocked by the twisting and large sections of intestine and bowel can die due to lack of blood flow. Fortunately, dogs can get along well without their spleen.

Keep us updated!

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

holy cow!! i'm so glad they found the cause and corrected it. here's to healthy, happy hounds for now on :cheers

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

holy cow!! i'm so glad they found the cause and corrected it. here's to healthy, happy hounds for now on :cheers

couldn't have said it better. Paws crossed for Bailey!

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Poor Bailey! I'm so sorry your family is going through this, but glad they found the cause. It sounds like she is in really good hands. We'll keep her in our prayers, and be looking for an update saying she is home and doing fine.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest Vinnie

WooHoo Bailey - and Carrier for watching over your sister! Now that you can both breathe again and you know the reason for the bloat we are sending lots of healing thoughts and prayers. Thank goodness you knew the signs and your vet is well versed in this. So glad the surgery went well.

Guest greytelectric
Hi everyone,

I can't believe that so soon after our sweet Carrier left us, we are dealing with another medical crisis.

Here is a copy of my post on CoG - sorry for the cut and paste, but my brain is functioning properly.

Please send good thoughts and any advice on this would be great as the search function on GT isn't working.

thanks,

eva

Do you know what caused the bloating?

------

Copy of CoG post.

Hi Everyone,

Our greyhound Bailey, who is angel Carrier's littermate, bloated last

night. She is going to be 11 on October 13.

We responded quickly to her symptoms and rushed her to the e-vet and

they were able to tube her and release the gas in her tummy that

way. That was 4:30 this morning. They kept her for the morning on

IV's and I called at 7 for an update. They told me that they tubed

her again and her tummy was not full of gas, so that is good and she

is doing fairly well. Her regular vet picked her up at 7:30 and

brought her back to their clinic. They are taking an xray right now

and we are waiting to hear what is going on and what the next steps are.

Anyone with experience with this, please let me know. Healing

thoughts are appreciated too (((Hugs)))

eva and angel carrier... and our sweet Bailey girl

UPDATE 10:00

We went out to see her and speak to the vet. They took another xray and she is getting bloated again. Their reco was to do the surgery to tack her stomach down to prevent torsion. She is distressed and looks angry. (that's our girl :) ) They will do the surgery this morning. Andy and Ella are pretty lost this morning and just keep looking for her outside. She is our alpha female and they completely adore her.

Please send good thoughts. I am sure Carrier is watching down on her.

thanks everyone.

Just wanted to check in. Hope Bailey is doing ok. Sending more good thoughts. :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Just seeing this. What a mess. Thank GD She is OK. Hugs to you all.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

Continued thoughts and prayers until your girl is resting comfortably at home.

Glad to hear they figured out why she was bloating and could fairly easily solve the problem.

Who needs a spleen anyway :D:lol;)

I'm just reading this for the first time and glad to read that she is doing well and that the cause of the bloating was discovered and removed. :hope :hope for a complete recovery for Bailey.

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)