Winslow's Diary

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great party you had Winslow :wub: Something happened to my screen when I was looking at your pictures - it kept going all blurry - particuarly when I was looking at the pic of the big crowd all cheering for your birthday and celebrating your 9 plus very special 2 years :beatheart

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Winslow's Party

by Winslow...

There were stuffies and toys and all kinds of fun things. We had cake and everyone sang to me.

2009_0208misc-paintings0031.jpg

I want to know what Diane is singing in this pic!! Looks like she's doing Motown back-up!! :lol

Sorry I didn't end up making the party! (Don't do well driving by myself late at night!) Looks like it was great fun!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Glynis and Craig sure do know how to throw a great bash!!!! I only wish I could have stayed longer. Winslow, I know you were very busy with all of your friends and new toys, but I still feel bad that I couldn't stay longer so I bought a bunch of raffle tickets for the lovely crocheted version of you to make up for it! If I happen to win, I promise to keep the trend going and re-auction the painting so it can keep making more and more money (although I may have to keep the mini-painting for myself - it is afterall a Winslow first!).

Nancy and Tom, I'm so sorry I didn't get to really chat with you, but it was nice meeting you in person and putting faces to names. Looking forward to next year when Winslow celebrates 10 & 3!

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest Winslowsmom

What a thoughtful gift! That makes me sooo happy! :yay I hope you win!

Thanks for helping those hounds!

It was good to see you again. If you're in the area, stop in for a biscuit!

I love company.

Love,

Winslow :paw

Well, since *I* plan on winning the raffle, I'll adopt the plan of keeping the tiny Winslow painting and donating the (marvelous) rest for another auction. :-)

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

oh MAN did that party look like fun!!!! :yay :yay :yay Wish we lived closer so we could have came!!!!!!

Happy 9th + 2 Winslow -- you are such a special boy and you hold a special place in my heart!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

oh MAN did that party look like fun!!!! :yay:yay:yay Wish we lived closer so we could have came!!!!!!

No excuses: Tom came from Jersey, Nancy from Pittsburgh and Diane from Houston! :lol

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Yes, we drove 4 hours, and spent the week-end! Well, we did combine the party with a DC visit, but it was really important to me to see Glynis and Winslow. They are very special. Here are a couple more pics.

Before the party.

WinslowNancy.jpg

Diane just about got chomped! Winslow is very, uh...enthusiastic about his stuffies.

WinslowDiane.jpg

What a dog!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

The pic of everyone packed into what I would guess is the living room, singing happy birthday to Winslow brought tears to my eyes. He is so loved by so many people...and he's been an inspiration and a symbol of hope for all of those cancer pups out there :wub:

Happy Birthday big guy...I hope it was everything you hoped for and more!

Is the 2 on the cake because it's his 2 year ampiversary?

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

February 13, 2009

Good Morning Diane,

How are you feeling today? I hope you are getting better each day. And Mizzy?

We have a bit of a situation here. For the last 2 days, we have been having VERY high wind. (Weather, not Winslow's).. Obviously Winslow hasn't been allowed on the deck and he really doesn't like to go out when it's gusting over 50 mph. During the night, he did want to go out and Craig took him. He brought the poop bags home, tied together because they never made it the 2 blocks to the can. He dropped it on the side of the house for disposal at a more reasonable hour.

This morning, I thought I saw a hawk! No, an eagle! I got the binoculars. There it is!

Wait, it's moving! It looks like, OMG, IT IS WINSLOW'S POOPBAGS....

Yes, I have attached the photos.

Glynis

winpoopbag2.jpg

winpoopbag1.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

That could only happen to a bag of Winslows poo :rofl

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

OMG I am laughing my a$$ off at this :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

wouldn't want to be under that tree when the bag lets go :o

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

:rofl oh my god, hysterical!!!

wouldn't want to be under that tree when the bag lets go :o

:nod

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."