Winslow's Diary

November 3, 2008

Good Afternoon Diane,

We hope you are feeling better. Winslow is enjoying the autumn weather... Someone asked if he was wearing a curly wig. Nope, it's just his imitation of a Borzoi.. He never really shed much over the summer, even though I vacuumed him and used the "Furminator".. It's all back again, and he's as furry as ever.

Saves money on coats.

I think I'm forgiven for the Halloween incident, but it took some extra biscuits.

Here's some photos: Walking with Dad. Checking on the flowers. Relaxing on the deck.

Glynis

outwalk.jpg

flowers.jpg

winfallporch.jpg

I replied: I want to join Winslow on the porch.....

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:kiss2 :kiss2 Winslow, my gang sends you lots of kisses!!! It is always so Greyt to hear a update and get pictures of you. That Halloween costume looked cute on you but everything does, but I don't think it was a big hit at your house. :lol

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

*shouted, over Ember* HI WINSLOWWW

darcy071008a.jpg

:lol

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Winslow saw the photos of Darcy and Ember.

He says: " Ember, honey you are very very cute. I really love your eyes. We are all hoping you get your chemo and it doesn't make you sick... Just keep eating and you'll be fine. My mom gave me anything I wanted during chemo..It was great! I think your dad has the right idea... he knows how to get to Burger King. When my mom has time to help me, I'll send you a slide show..like I did for Darcy, but I need your email address because we can't post them...(copyright stuff.) but they sure are fun.

Darcy, You know I love you... That eyebrow is getting more beautiful every day... I saw you at your party and wished I was there.

That blue sofa looks really comfy, too! I hope your whole family is doing well.. Give em all a sniff for me, ok?

Hey girls, I just had a cardio check up... The doctor says my big beautiful heart can handle 2 girlfriends, and I love you both!

THANKS for the photos!"

Love, Winslow

windarcy.jpg

winember.jpg

horizsmooch1.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

:lol

:wub:

I :heart Winslow

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

Help meeeeeee - coffee just came down my nose because of the pictures :rofl

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Oh Winslow, you are ONE SPECIAL GUY!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Winslow, you should have twentylebbenhundred girlhounds! You have a BIG heart to match your NOSE!

Nose kisses from Lydia, and hugs from my Mom

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

November 11, 2008

Hi Diane,

Today was painting day for Winslow. He had a real good time. I've attached a few photos.

His paintings are looking really good. So's the paint on his feet, legs, bed and me.

He was really into it today and painted for quite awhile.

I think it's because we told him it was time to unveil one for Greyhound Angel Network.. You know how he loves that charity.

Anyway, here are some "outtakes" and photos of the paintings for auction.

Enjoy..

Glynis.

PS.. I hope we get the blue off his feet before his next vet visit.. I got the "stinkeye" from the vet about his pink tail in the spring. I tried to explain that he just forgot which end he was supposed to paint with...oh well.

2008_1111Winslowpaints00111.jpg

Wait until you guys see the finished paintings! They are gorgeous!

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

• 2 weeks later...

November 19, 2008

Winslow is embracing the heated water at the pool! 20 laps today. Heated pool.

He went in on his own and swam all those laps... Looks like he will be swimming in the winter this year.

Hey, whatever. The cardiologist said keep him swimming. If he'll go, I'll pay.

Craig is going to buy him his very own swimsuit (shh--life jacket). I know he's going to love it.

Glynis

November 22, 2008

The T shirts are in and I've updated the blog :)

Glynis

Winslow's Blog/Shop

tshirt.jpg

Edited by Burpdog

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

• 3 weeks later...

December 9, 2008

Good Morning, Diane,

Craig seems to be doing ok. We went to the Dr. yesterday to get the entire lowdown on all the tests... Seems this is a stress related episode (as suspected).. So, we'll deal with that.. The good news is that everything is physically ok.

Winslow (who lives in a stress free environment) is glad to have his dad home. NURSE WINSLOW-- He's required extra walks (dad needs the exercise) been more demanding about the bedtime ritual (dad needs extra rest) and the latest is wanting Craig to sit on the deck in the morning.. Winslow loves to nap on the deck in 40 degrees. We aren't really good about having coffee out there when it's this cold. Yesterday and today, he's been very insistent that Craig come out there with him (cold therapy?) It's all pretty funny.. I think he's going to teach Craig how to live a stress free life..

I think they finally compromised that Craig will sit just inside the door, where Winslow can see him. Winslow is lounging like it's the Bahamas. He needs a Panama hat and a drink with a little umbrella.

So, things are returning to normal.

I hope all is well at your house.

Glynis

December 10, 2008

Winslow says to tell you a FARK is a bark from the back :D

Glynis

December 10, 2008 afternoon

(I am going to Winslow's birthday party in February!!!! Mark your calendars: February 7)

We can't wait! Winslow says you can take a nap with him. Says you can sleep all you want, except for the party.

He fell in love with a very large and beautiful horse this morning at the pool. They couldn't take their eyes off each other. She was a show horse and after her swim, they were cleaning her up and she and Winslow were just mesmerized with each other. Very odd.

Glynis

Edited by Burpdog

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

December 16, 2008

Hi Diane,

How's everything with you?

We are chugging along. Craig is doing fine as Winslow is teaching him how to take life a little easier, smell the flowers, take a nap.. you know, all the things Winslow does professionally. Says he's going to become a life coach for stressed out humans. Wants new business cards that say it. Says dogs don't need college to become therapists.. they do it naturally. The only difference is the DOG gets the couch. He's been trying it on Craig. Says Craig can sit and talk... he can even pet the therapist (try that with a human!). Winslow listens patiently while "pretending" to be asleep. In an hour, everyone is feeling good. No more stress! Winslow says he can make millions! I can drive him to appoinments and wait in the car. (We haven't told him that other dogs do this for their people, cats too.).

At the moment, Winslow is searching for the number of GW... he wants to call Meredith and complain about the treatment here. I ran out of BURPDOGS! Do you believe it. I thought there was still a small bag in the freezer, but no... somebody ate them all..

Now, he had to have his lunch without the biscuit.. I ordered right away, but there's going to be a few days that Winslow doesn't have the biscuit... I'm in such trouble here. He just grunts at me and gives me the evil eye. I just know he's going to get back at me somehow.. squeaky toy in bed where I roll over on it, empty the ice cubes into the bed when I'm not looking so they melt there, pee on my shoe... I just know he's going to pay me back. I offered him a little extra yogurt today and although he took it, he let me know that it wasn't the same thing.

So, life is pretty much normal around here.

Glynis

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

When the biscuits arrive, please give him TWO rather than one, for 12 days, to make up for this human oversight.

I thank you.

Duly noted, Winslow. Tell your mother we're repo'ing you right away! :lol

I've told Glynis countless times that she's an awful dog mom and she should be thankful we haven't taken Winslow back yet. Well. This is the last straw! No Burpdogs? THE ABUSE!!!!

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

:kiss2:kiss2 For Winslow, it is always Great to hear about you,you are the best therapist!!!! Anytime I am having a bad day, we look at your cards or go on your site!!!

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

December 16, 2008

JUST AS PREDICTED! My normally careful boy waited until the ice in his bowl melted and then flipped the bowl on the bed. (He's never done that before... when I wrote it, he must have been reading over my shoulder!).

I get to sleep in the wet spot tonight... Ah Winslow.. Revenge is indeed yours. I promise I will never run out of Burpdogs again.

I really do need a wetsuit. Swimming tomorrow and it's cold outside... but this? I guess I need one to sleep in, too.

Glynis

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits