Winslow's Diary

April 2, 2009

Winslow went for his three month checkup today

Hi Diane,

Winslow's vet appt. went well. We missed Joy, but Jessi was there to take care of him and he knows her, so it was ok.. The blood, urine and radiology won't be back until tomorrow, but they looked at his films and saw nothing obvious. Also his physical check up was very good. Dr. C. commented on his heart and how perfect his heart rate is even under a bit of stress. Says it's from the swimming. So all the obvious stuff is very good. Eyes, ears, teeth, lymph nodes, etc. The only difference was the price increase of 100. KA-CHING!!

Now I wait until tomorrow for the rest of it. Yuk. If all is well, we discuss 4 month intervals.

How's everything at your house?

G.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlackandBrindle

Hoping for continued good results from the tests!!!

Winslow, we love you in your cape :kiss2

Perfect check up for a perfect Superhero! Oh, I think you may have been a little too easy with the simple demands! (Loved the hat! Sorry, but you sure looked extra scrumptious!)

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

That iz thee news eye hav been waiting faw winslow :beatheart

Gud boy :D

Love, Darcy

xx

Pee Ess - did you see my threads re my party in C&F? There are pics of me with the furry champagne you sendid me and the burpdog hearts you sendid me :wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

April 9, 2009

Winslow goes nuts (really nuts--crying dancing jumping around) when he sees Craig with macaroons. Today, Craig figures out why.. The macaroons look and smell like Burpdog Biscuits. Winslow thought Craig was eating his biscuits. Now, they have to have their snacks at the same time. Winslow is happy.

Go figure.

G

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

April 9, 2009

Winslow goes nuts (really nuts--crying dancing jumping around) when he sees Craig with macaroons. Today, Craig figures out why.. The macaroons look and smell like Burpdog Biscuits. Winslow thought Craig was eating his biscuits. Now, they have to have their snacks at the same time. Winslow is happy.

Go figure.

G

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Such a handsome, sweet boy. Smart, too -- he has worked hard to train his people, and it has obviously paid off.

Love reading his observations and adventures.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:rofl Winslow, you are one smart cookie (pun intended!)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

• 2 weeks later...

April 22, 2009

Hi Diane,

Winslow got a package today. IT WAS FROM DARCY. As soon as I said her name, he came unglued. Grabbing toys, throwing them then begging for the package. I gave it to him and he had a real good time. Anything about Darcy really gets him going.

So attached are some photos and here's a video of Winslow and his package.

He says thanks so much to the nice lady that got this beautiful bandana for him!

Who could it be?

G

awinpkg.jpg

awinpkg2.jpg

awinpkg3.jpg

awinpkg4.jpg

awinpkg5.jpg

awinpkg6.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

:) What a very nice gift from Darcy...and it looks so nice on you Winslow!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

:) What a very nice gift from Darcy...and it looks so nice on you Winslow!

Winslow looks most handsome in his bandana but it wasn't from Darcy herself - it was purchased by another GT member as a gift for Winslow :wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest Winslowsmom

Whoever it was, I hope they see the pictures and know how much Winslow is enjoying his bandana!

He says "THANKS, A LOT!

Glynis and Winslow

:paw:paw

:paw

April 30, 2009

Hi Diane,

I hope you are all doing well and surviving the heat.

Last night, at 3 AM, the fan by the bed stopped! Immediately, Winslow jumped up and started panting (nevermind that it was 65 degrees in the house). I got up, opened the back door and more windows and tried to go back to bed. Nope, he stood over me, tongue hanging out, dripping on my forehead. By now, it was 63 degrees. Ok, I got up, went downstairs and got another fan.. brought it in and put it by the bed. He immediately got back in bed, roached up on his back and that was that. This boy just cannot sleep without his fan. It could be freezing in here and he would still need that fan. It just cannot be turned off, ever. I think he has an emotional attachment to it that goes deeper than we thought. Today, under Winslow's close scrutiny, I fixed his fan, but am on my way out to buy another for backup. How many fans do we need? It's not like we don't have AC... and it's not even hot. Current Temp 55. High today-62.

Winslow says he's not moving to Texas.

G.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Just for a split second I thought Winslow was a reincarnation of my DH.........................and then I remembered: He's still here!!!!!!!!! :rofl:rofl:rofl

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I like having a fan on me too -- well, maybe not at 63 degrees, but.... :)

you're a cutie pie, Winslow!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Well, I'm a huge fan of Winslow! :inlove:wub:

Does that count?

Measure wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you would not take money.

Guest Winslowsmom

"Yes, but you must come here, stand by the bed and blow cool air."

Love,

Winslow

:paw :paw

:paw

PS:

Annie, I love you too. (How about a little smoochie?)

Hugs to Canyon.

(My mom takes no responsibility for this post).

• 4 weeks later...

May 29, 2009

Hey Diane,

Here's an update on HIS MAJESTY, KING OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD AND SUPERHERO.

First, WINSLOW IS SHEDDING. Not a shed of hair, just some of the white fluff he has grown over the last 2 years. I've been brushing, vacuuming and bathing him, but it's everywhere. I think I'm turning into a cat. I'm really good at hacking up furballs. It's in my eyes, nose, throat, food and bed. On the other hand, it's a spring shedding, which means his system is normal and that's a good thing.

As you know, I get up at 5:am every morning to give Winslow his artemisinin and some yogurt. He usually gets up with me, but has figured out that if he doesn't get up, I will bring it to him. So, now he doesn't even get up. He knows he has to have it, so he just waits for me to bring it. So in addition to everything else that ends up in the community bed, now we have yogurt slop.

For breakfast, he used to get up early and wait (and drool and make whiney noises) until it was prepared. He has discovered that Craig does the same thing the same way every day. Now he sees no need to come in early and watch. He watches from the bed and just charges in at the last minute.

I think he knows I draw the line at canned food being served on the bed.

June 3 it will be 2.5 years since Winslow's amp. He continues his weekly swim (21 laps on Wednesday!). He's as lazy and demanding as ever and shows no signs of slowing down.

We received the Jerry Murray pixie hound yesterday. Just as with crocheted Winslow,

he only sniffed. As crazy as he is about stuffies (you know it first hand) he's not tried to tear either of them up.. All limbs remain intact. Did I ever tell you about the time he pinned a pregnant vet tech to the wall and snatched a toy from her that was meant for HER BABY?

Although it's been hot here, I'm still wearing sweats and a hoodie. (67 degrees in here.) His majesty is enjoying the cold.

I hope all your pack is doing well.

G.

WinslowMay09.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits