Winslow's Diary

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All good thoughts coming from our house.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Winslow is waiting for surgery. There was an emergency that bumped him. He is in a waiting room with Craig & Glynis, laying on his bed, highly p.o.'d because he has not been fed or watered :)

Dr. Massat said he is going to go in and remove the lesion. Possible chemo (localized) after if cancer (which everyone believes there is). The tissue will be biopsied.

Please send lots of prayers for a successful surgery and recovery!

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

:candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Winslow is out of surgery and has stood up once, turned around and laid back down :) Glynis & Craig were sent home for the night :) They can call as often as they like. Hopefully they will all get a good night's rest!

The surgeon believes he got good margins. He did a flap so there should be no pulling on the incision. They will unwrap in the morning and see how it looks. Winslow should be able to go "home" in the afternoon.

All is going well. Keep Winslow in your prayers please!

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Diane and Glynis, thanks so much for posting the updates. I know there are a lot of people out there who are worried about the boy. Good to know he's out of surgery.

I'm leaving tomorrow for a family reunion, but I'll probably be on the hotel computer, looking for Winslow news! And hoping that it is ALL good.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

late last night

Hi Diane,

I was just reading all the posts on GT. I will be taking my little computer in the morning so I can read them to Winslow. Im sure he will love to hear them. Just called and the nurse said hes resting comfortably. Hes planning to have visitors on Friday and Saturday. There are some people who would like to meet him. Im really happy about it and I know he

will be so ready for someone new.

Winslow, the social butterfly. He had loads of company after his amp 2.5 years ago. Every day, and he loved it.

Im going to try to get some sleep now.

Glynis

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

June 25, 2009 a.m.

Winslow is home (at the hotel)!!!! :confetti He catapulted into the car (much to everyone's distress) and said let's get out of here :)

He is sleeping on his bed, with the a/c running full tilt and of course, fanny :D

He will be ready to hold court starting tomorrow!

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest Hannah

:yay glad Winslow is 'home' wish I were several thousand miles closer so I could vist.

sending kisses and ear scritches instead

Guest EmbersDad

im sorry, but the image of winslow leaping into the car lightens my heart. im glad he is feeling better :-)

Hes planning to have visitors on Friday and Saturday. There are some people who would like to meet him. Im really happy about it and I know he

Winslow, the social butterfly. He had loads of company after his amp 2.5 years ago. Every day, and he loved it.

OK, 'Fess up! Who's the Friday visitor? :unkn I'm going down Saturday to be in the presence of greatness. :):star I am WAY psyched that I can finally meet Winslow, Glynis and Craig. :D I'll try to remember to take photos. I'm even bringing a hot date for Crocheted Jerry Murray!

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

LIfe is nutz here, but I'd love to try to come down and pay homage to Winslow. DH heads back down South on Sunday, but Sunday is also race day--if no one has mentioned it, this is a BUZY weekend due to NASCAR racing in NH.

He's accepting visitors on Fri and Sat? Someone please email me info on locale?

Hope Winslow is feeling greyt!!

DD

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Ooooooooooooh, great picture! Hope he is being waited on hand and foot during his recovery.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I missed this update from last night!

Hi Diane,

Do you remember Winslows 2 legged videos from when he hurt his foot 2 years ago?

Well, hes doing that again. I took him out this afternoon and he allowed us to help him down the the 3 low stairs and then he was off and running on 2 legs to find his spot. Hes wearing a harness so we can help him with balance if he needs it, but hes doing fine. Ill try to get a video while we are here. This has always amazed me because hes a big boy and 9.5 years old. I brought a big box of baby wipes and my washable rain boots. Winslows balance is not so good for business...if you recall, I lost numerous shoes while trying to help him after his amp. Ive learned something since then.

When he had his amp, he had to move faster to keep his balance and it seems to work here too. There are running shoes in my future. Hey, this could be my reason to buy new sneakers!

Winslow ate 2 small meals and he had some water. He went out and then back to bed. Ill try to get a photo when Im sure hes not drugged any more (he doesnt want you to see him if his hair isnt just right). The hotel room is dimly lit and 67 degrees with fan blowing. Craig and I are working with blankets wrapped around us and Winslow is happily snoring away with his head on a big fluffy hotel pillow and his toys and Crocheted Jerry Murray nearby . Life is pretty much back to normal.

I took a really solid nap with Winslow this afternoon. It was the first good sleep Ive had since this whole thing began last week.

Now, its one day at a time.

Today, things are good.

G.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest MorganKonaAlex
Hes planning to have visitors on Friday and Saturday. There are some people who would like to meet him. Im really happy about it and I know he

OK, 'Fess up! Who's the Friday visitor?

That would be me. I'll get to meet him tonight! :)