Winslow's Diary

Glynis, no worries, taht stuff is all over the place. He'll be fully recovered in no time. I'm sure you know what this means though. As soon as his stomach can handle it, extra Burpdog biscuits until Winslow is full up. ;)

:lol

Looking forward to seeing the recovered star in person in Februrary. That is, unless he is disguised by wig and sunglasses. :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

January 14, 2009

Good Morning, Diane!

As you know, I've been re-introducing Winslow's food gradually and decreasing the turkey and rice. Keeping the portions on the "light" side. No yogurt, treats or extras.

During the night, Winslow got up and stood by the door. I thought we were in for a repeat performance. I got up, put on my shoes and when I got the leash, he bolted for the kitchen and laid down on his "food" bed.

I have to admit, that's one way to get the point across! I gave him a small amount of turkey and rice and he slept the rest of the night.

He is on the mend. Still has mushy poo, but improving. I think when he gets all of his regular food and gets off the antibiotics, he'll be fine. It takes a little time before things get back to absolutely normal. Mushy poo doesn't really concern me. He gets wierd about the slightest change to his diet on a good day. I plan to have his regular diet back by tonight. The vet said we could do it sooner, but I was a little worried about the fat content in the Evo. We do things slowly around here. I learned that with the chemo.

I have a call in to the vet this morning regarding his yogurt. I don't know if I can give it while he's on the antibiotics.

Today will be another day of stinkeye and pouting- no treats yet.

More dog food in the kong. YUK.

Although Winslow has never shown an interest in any of it, I've moved the squirrel and bird feeding stations.

I don't have much problem with the birds or squirrels using my deck for a toilet and I clean it regularly. It seems to be the likely source of this. He's not a poo eater, but I realize that it didn't take much for this to happen.

Winslow does lay out in the cold. He loves his deck.

My choice is to take it away from him or just be very meticulous about it. I think I'll just really keep an eye on him, examine the deck daily and feed the other critters elsewhere. I don't want to take away something he loves so much. His morning nap on the deck is a ritual. It's just one more floor to scrub and another caution. I can't take it away from him. It's rare that he even sniffs around. He just sleeps out there on his bed for an hour or so each morning.

So, the short answer is yes, Winslow is improving.

I think I'm recovering, too.

G.

PS. I'm telling you, these vets could make a fortune packaging "Mommy and Me" drugs.

Whenever they give dog meds, they could include valium or something like that for the parents.

Even a bottle of wine. You know, depending on the situation.

Add some cute packaging.. it would be a GOLD MINE.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

January 14, 2009

House smells like... well, like Winslow has been saving it up.

Normalcy returns.

Glynis

Awinbetter.jpg

:rofl

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Hooray! Tell him to share it all with you & Craig so it's gone by Feb :lol

To which Glynis replied:

It's NEVER gone. Oh, this boy can clear a room... Doesn't matter what I feed him. We can count on it. He's coming off a bland diet and it smells like he's been eating from the poop can up the street.

My house doesn't have the "doggy" smell, associated with pets. No, it never has. My house smells like someone emptied a septic tank in my living room. You would think I have a river of sewage running thru the house.

We don't light matches. Luckily, we don't smoke (although that would smell better)..

I'm worried that the county is going to fine me for storing methane gas without a license.

I just wish we could harness it. There has to be a use for it. I'm sure we could run a car or kill weeds with it.

We will have open windows for the party... (and you thought that was because Winslow was too hot)

:blink:

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Hhahahahahahahahahaa :lol I mean, I'm very glad that Winslow is now back in perfect working order :D

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest Winslowsmom

As many of you know, Winslow will be having his 9+2 Party on Feb. 7 (evening)

He has asked that I extend the invitation to his GT family.

If you are or plan to be in Northern VA on Feb. 7, Winslow would like to invite you to his party.

We CANNOT invite pets or children, but will send biscuits home for houndies. (Burpdogs)

Please send me an email via the GT system and I will see that you are invited.

(If you just want to see Winslow's slideshow invitation, you can email for that, too, it's funny.)

Thank all of you for being there for us during these last 2 years.

Will post photos after the event.

Glynis and Winslow, the social butterfly

Hooray! Tell him to share it all with you & Craig so it's gone by Feb :lol

To which Glynis replied:

It's NEVER gone. Oh, this boy can clear a room... Doesn't matter what I feed him. We can count on it. He's coming off a bland diet and it smells like he's been eating from the poop can up the street.

My house doesn't have the "doggy" smell, associated with pets. No, it never has. My house smells like someone emptied a septic tank in my living room. You would think I have a river of sewage running thru the house.

We don't light matches. Luckily, we don't smoke (although that would smell better)..

I'm worried that the county is going to fine me for storing methane gas without a license.

I just wish we could harness it. There has to be a use for it. I'm sure we could run a car or kill weeds with it.

We will have open windows for the party... (and you thought that was because Winslow was too hot)

:blink:

Here you go. This is what we do here in Vermont--It's called Cow Power. Instead, you could call yours Winslow Power :lol You just need a methane-capture-device for your poop-sccop bin.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

January 20, 2009

Hi Diane,

Winslow is totally over his "bug" and will resume swimming tomorrow.

His birthday present from mom and dad arrived today. We allowed him to open it early so he can start using it tomorrow.

2009_0120bd1.jpg

We got the "swimsuit" that is exactly the one he's used to at the pool. (Without the smell).

2009_0120bd3.jpg

Although Winslow wasn't so crazy about wearing it in the house (it's kinda stiff) he was happy to get it and looks forward to using it tomorrow.

2009_0120bd2-1.jpg

I couldn't make him wait until his birthday. The pfds at the pool are so worn out and they stink. Roger recently bought new ones which are very nice, but they are a little different and Winslow HATES them. He's really happy about this one.

2009_0120bd5.jpg

He will be modeling his new swimsuit at the party. (Birthday suit?)

Glynis

Winslow: I think you look smashing! :wub:

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Winslow, Mom and Dad must really, really lub you berry much for u to git ur oon swimsoot! U luki dog!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

January 21, 2009

:wub: My allergies kicked up a little bit watching that video...he's such an inspiration, it literally brings tears to my eyes. My boyfriend just looked over at me and asked me why I was crying!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

January 21, 2009

:wub: My allergies kicked up a little bit watching that video...he's such an inspiration, it literally brings tears to my eyes. ...

Me, too :blush:lol

Looking forward to seeing Winslow in Feb!

He is such a good swimmer. :wub:

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Great vidclip!! And I loved the third length(I think) where he must have put his nosey in the water... a quick head shake to clear it!!

I love Winslow too & can't wait for the party!!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Winslow, you're as good as Michael Phelps, and even cuter! Can't wait to see you in canine and give you a smooch.

Jeannine and Meredith, we'll be there too!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Winslow, you're as good as Michael Phelps, and even cuter! Can't wait to see you in canine and give you a smooch.

Jeannine and Meredith, we'll be there too!

:yay

First there was Mark Spitz, then Michael Phelps came along and took the throne. Little did anyone realize that Winslow was waiting in the wings to blow them both out of the water! (Pun fully intended - lol) Wish we could come to your party and deliver smooches in person. Will you settle for :kiss2 long distance?

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

January 28, 2009

Hi Diane,

Winslow is very angry. He had such fun bouncing around in the snow yesterday. Overnight, the ice monster came and turned his world to ice. Still looks like snow, but is hard, crusty and very sharp. I got up at 4:AM and while Winslow was roaching on his new memory foam mattress, I was outside in my jammies chopping a path to the backyard for his morning poo. I even made him a really nice potty with a chunk of his own poo right in the middle.

Winslow doesn't like to poo in the backyard. To him it's like pooing on his bed. He wants to go over the ice, cut his feet, walk on road salt and gravel and fall down, just to get to his best spots, three blocks away.

He is refusing to go in the yard. After he marked the new path, I showed him the "potty"..he just glared. I showed him the poo I put there. I even picked it up so he could have a sniff. He looked at me as if I was insane. I could hear him say, "How did that get into MY YARD? And why EXACTLY are you holding it under my nose????" Obviously disgusted, he came back in the house and DEMANDED LOUDLY to go out on the deck (covered with 2 inches of ice). When I didn't let him out there either, he humphed at me and stormed out to the sofa. We can't go swimming today, either.

He is not a happy guy. I've had to remove all phones and computers from downstairs to keep him from calling GW, the SPCA, or you to come and get him away from his awful home.

"They are refusing to take me on my walk and they put poo in my back yard!"

I can just hear it now.

Eventually, he's gonna really have to go and I made a really good potty for him where he won't hurt his feet to get there. I keep telling him that someday he'll thank me for it. He says, "yea, right".

I hope this melts soon.

G.

They're taking all my fun away.

awinfun.jpg

Edited by Burpdog

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits