Winslow's Diary

:lol:lol

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

February 14, 2009

Poop is still in the tree.

Winslow wants to take bets on how the date it will fall.

Says it's for charity.

I say it's gambling and probably illegal.

He says illegal is just a sick bird and that's what will happen if they nest

in his poop bag.

Even the birds don't want it. They don't even go near it.

You know what EVO canned smells like going in.. I'm surprised the EPA hasn't been out here to fine us for unleashing pollutants.

Happy Valentines Day,

Glynis & Winslow

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Update February 15, 2009: poop bag still in tree :rolleyes:

Raffle is up and running :lol

Raffle in Auction Forum

My recent visit was interesting. Winslow greeted me like a long lost friend (last time it didn't appear like he cared one way or the other) Perhaps because I found his scratch spot :)

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

February 16, 2009

Hi Diane,

I went to Gettysburg yesterday to visit a friend. While I was away, Winslow got a package! It arrived on his real birthday (Feb. 15) and had a birthday present AND a Valentine... He was so excited because it was from DARCY! Heart stuffies from his girlfriend! Craig said he was throwing them all over the place yesterday. But, after being out to patrol at 4AM today, he seems content to just snuggle with them.

They came with a note that he is particularly attached to. I think he's been reading it over and over.

A perfect ending to a complete week of Birthday celebration.

Glynis

DARCY1-1.jpg

Darce2.jpg

Darcy3.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Awh, that last picture. Winslow :heart 's Darcy :wub:

Edited by NeylasMom

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Darcy obviously has Winslow's number! What a contented guy he is! I must be l-o-v-e! :wub:

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Awwwwwww! (I love Darcy too - he has good taste!)

So - poop bag update for today??

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Good Morning Diane,

Attached is this morning's photo of the poopbag. Here is the update:

Feb 20, 2009, 9:15 AM

The poopbag has weathered a night of very high winds and bitter cold. It now appears to have blown upward at the bottom and now the bottom is also entangled in the tree. So the poopbag is more attached to the tree than ever. It continues to inflate and deflate with the wind gusts.

Winslow is checking the poopbag in the tree regularly. He thinks the whole thing is quite funny. It's been too windy for him to lounge on the deck, so he just takes his toy to the back door and stares outside. Then he makes a humphing noise and goes in the other room.

Because he was getting a little hefty (2 lbs overweight) we put him back on a diet. Instead of giving him his nightime snack of 2 big spoonfuls of canned food, we are saving a spoonful from each of his 2 meals and giving that to him before bed.

He has recently discovered this and in retaliation has moved his morning walk time from 7:30 AM to 4:30 AM. Says he's gonna teach us a lesson about messin' with his food.

G.

Poopbag raffle updates

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

He has recently discovered this and in retaliation has moved his morning walk time from 7:30 AM to 4:30 AM. Says he's gonna teach us a lesson about messin' with his food.

I'm sorry, I'm sure it's not funny for Glynis and Craig, but :rotfl

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Just knowing that Winslow and Darcy are in the world makes my days brighter! Those pictures---gotta make sure I can find them when I need a smile real bad. Even your poop bags make people smile.

Winslow, you are just the dearest soul. A little vindictive, maybe, but that'll teach Mom and Dad to mess around with your food.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

February 20, 2009

I just heard a snippet of the conversation-- Something about Neyla and Zuri joining the late night patrol.. becoming part of the "Blue Flame Squadron" and how "easy it is to wake up your people so you can go out".

I keep telling Craig NOT TO LEAVE THE HEADSET ON THE PHONE!

G.

AWINPHONE.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

February 20, 2009

I just heard a snippet of the conversation-- Something about Neyla and Zuri joining the late night patrol.. becoming part of the "Blue Flame Squadron" and how "easy it is to wake up your people so you can go out".

I keep telling Craig NOT TO LEAVE THE HEADSET ON THE PHONE!

G.

AWINPHONE.jpg

:lol That will never happen. Neyla and Zuri both appreciate the joys of sleeping in as much as I do. Most days Zuri gets back in bed after our morning walks! Or at least they always have in the past... :unsure

upon being told a wonderful St. Patty's hat had been ordered and I would send green biscuits to go with (better than beer, no?) Winslow responded

MERRRRIDDITHHHH!!!! COME AND GET ME!

They want me to wear hats and eat GREEEEEEN BISCUITS!!!

ABUSE, I'M TELLING YOU, IT'S ABUSE!!!

Winphone.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

February 24, 2009

Good Morning, Diane,

Craig is away today, so things here are less than perfect.

I try to do everything in exactly the same order because Winslow gets pouty if things aren't the same every day. So, I got up and made his breakfast just like Craig does it. Fed him and took him out just like Craig does it. Allowed him to lay out on the deck in 22 degree weather for 20 minutes.

When Winslow came in he tried to convince me that he should get breakfast AGAIN! Over to the cabinet, sniffing his food dish, dancing around, the whole morning routine! Does he really think I don't know that I fed him? He's in there right now, WAITING FOR HIS BREAKFAST!

I just told him that he's not going to eat again...

G.

woe is me.....

GetAttachment.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

upon being told a wonderful St. Patty's hat had been ordered and I would send green biscuits to go with (better than beer, no?) Winslow responded

MERRRRIDDITHHHH!!!! COME AND GET ME!

They want me to wear hats and eat GREEEEEEN BISCUITS!!!

ABUSE, I'M TELLING YOU, IT'S ABUSE!!!

Winphone.jpg

We'll dispatch the SWAT team ASAP, Winslow! :lol

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

February 26, 2009

Good Morning Diane,

First, the poopbag is still in the tree. Because the weather is not bad and there is no wind, I have deemed it unnecessary to get up in the middle of the night to check on it. In short... it's not going anywhere. If it looks like weather, I'll resume the midnight watch.

Second... Weather here is partly cloudy, wind is 5mph (except that which is coming from Winslow at about 30 mph and pungent. Probiotic enzymes? HAHA HA.).

I spent so much time standing in front of the poopcan yesterday (Hey mom, how come that lady is standing in front of the poopcan? Is she really talking to it?) 32 tries, amid laughter, screaming children, honking horns... I was out there for nearly 2 hours just to get the "perfect" video... not to mention post production. My neighbors are now afraid of me.

In short, Craig is coming home today, the house is a wreck. Craig is good about it, I was on a mission. He shares the enthusiasm, but this is a bit much.

Winslow got poop all over me this morning when he got his tail in it and then laughed and wagged it all over my pants (What's that smell... geez, why is my pantleg smeared in poop?).

We got home, Winslow immediately decided he needed a nap, pooptail and all..on our bed. Sheet change. Laundry. Pooptracks on the rugs... Looks like he stepped in it too...Carpet cleaner..more laundry.

No weather report today, sorry... It's a bad day for the Depends company... sales will drop. Hey, we should be predicting the rise and fall of stock in the Depends company! How can we make a greyhound charity raffle out of it?

More tomorrow.

Glynis

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Glynis, you are too much! No one but you (wonder why?) could see a pine tree captured poop bag as a fund raising opportunity! :lol

Your neighbors are scared, huh? My neighbors think I'm crazy (because we put coats on the dogs and take them for car rides). Of course, I consider the source---they are pondscum who throw loose garbage in the alley, and let their dog and cats run loose. I heard him say to his daughter once, "That lady is a wacko." I almost said, "Thanks! Coming from you, that means a lot to me!"

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest snowberry

Hey, scaring neighbours is good - no one will mess with the talks-to-trashcans lady! (sorry about the poop-prints though :rolleyes: )

March 3, 2009

Yesterday, I got smart. Since Winslow hates to poop in his yard, I shoveled a path behind the yard, down by the creek for him to go. While the snow is still soft, he can take his regular walks, but when it melts and then freezes, he'll have a new path and be happy. Meanwhile, 17 degrees, out with no coat and rolling in the snow... That's my boy. He loves the snow.

Glynis

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Awwwwwwwwwwww Winslow :beatheart

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

• 3 weeks later...

March 21, 2009

Dear Diane,

Winslow thanks you for the hat...Sort of. He wore it when we got it and said that was enough..

He wore it on the 17th for a minute, but said he would bite me in my sleep if I ever do that again. Says he didn't even get a green beer with it!

The red cape was a different story.. As you know, Winslow calls himself "The Blue Flame, Protector of all things Greyhound"... He patrols the neighborhood during the night and fancies himself a super hero... He's been wearing the cape and has started looking up "Flying Dogs" on Google. We are wondering what may be next. I'm not allowing him to wear the cape on the deck.. I was a little concerned that he may try the flight thing.

He's been wearing it around the neighborhood and particularly likes to wear it at night. He's wondering how to get a phone booth installed in our front yard as he doesn't like to sleep in it and Craig forgets to put it on him at 3:AM.

I was away for 12 days, as you know. Winslow and Craig had a good time without me. They did all the usual guy stuff.. Watched a lot of TV. Sports and detective shows. They read some good books and did crossword puzzles. When I got home, we all went together for Winslow's swim. It was fun and he really enjoyed having Craig there to watch him.

Winslow's health continues to be good. He goes for a check up APR. 2.

Have a good day.

Glynis

2009_0228misc0036.jpg

2009_0320vacation0012.jpg

2009_0320vacation0001.jpg

2009_0321misc0004.jpg

2009_0320misc0027.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits