Winslow's Diary

Guest multigrey

Never wanted so much for any dog to be well......all of us send a ton of love and concern for our best friend, Winslow. Jerry Murray is a bit put out at all the attention Winslow is getting and is royally cranky that Winslow is going on a trip. Of course, Jerry hates elevators so that part was of no interest to him!!

Keep the faith, Winslow....the whole world loves you!!

:inlove:inlove

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending lots of healing thoughts and wishes for a speedy recovery

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

We'll be thinking of you Winslow, Glynis, and Craig :grouphug

I still just can't get over the awesomeness of this dog and his people - 2 1/2 years post amp and still going strong except for this little minor speed bump - God bless him :wub:

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Winslow, Glynis and Craig!

Where are you heading in NH? I'm here in Concord, pretty central to everything. Would you like a place to stay? We would SO love to see you while you're up here, and I've plenty of room in the house to keep the King in the manner to which he is accustomed.

Jordan

June 19, 2009

Lung xrays look clear :yay They will be read by a radiologist. Blood taken. Winslow will be driving to New Hampshire on Tuesday for Wednesday tumor removal by his surgeon, Dr. Massat. Because the tumor is fairly high on the digit, his oncologist doubts the toe will be removed. Most likely Winslow will have radiation to clean up anything nasty left, since margins are quite high for that area of the body (i.e., hard to get the margins on a toe/foot).

Winslow loves road trips. I hope he still does after this is over :rolleyes:

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

:( :( :(

sending MANY healing hugs to my buddy Winslow!!! :kiss2 :kiss2

(* it's nothing * it's nothing * it's nothing * .....!!!!!!!)

give that handsome boy a big kiss for me!!! :wub: :wub:

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Winslow and Glynis are so very special that I cry over bad news AND good news. Teary eyed now, and obviously, looking forward to GOOD news.

Road trip! Yes, sweetie, Queen Winnie will be watching over you as you travel. She ADORED a road trip. Be safe, big guy, and be well!!!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Dear Winslow

I hear that you are going on a short road trip and staying in some place with a ding ding box. Lucky you. I also hear that whilst you are away, you'll be having some stupid lumpette removed from your digit. I can cope with that. Let them take the lumpette and when they're not looking, give it a kick from me, just before it goes in the garbage.

Come back all fixed and refreshed. I'll just lay around waiting to hear that you're back, safe and sound.

Love, Darcy

xx

PS My stupid Mum seems to have developed allergies again.

darcy130609a.jpg

PS. As you can see, I now have two eyebrows again :D

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Sending good thoughts for Winslow on his trip to NH and the lumpectomy. Hope he's back to his usual self and lump-free in no time!

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

June 21, 2009Hi Diane,

I have attached photos of Winslow's foot. It appears that what was a purple pea shaped tumor (like a purple raised mole) has now become a crater. If you enlarge these you can get a really good look at it.

Remember, I said I could see the tumor inside when the top ruptured? It was like that on Friday when I took him to Dr.C.

Sat. night I went to check it (it's still not sore and it hasn't been bleeding) and the tumor is missing!? Could it have fallen out? Note that there is kind of yellowy stuff at the center. That is not pus.. It's Neosporin and Animax. I've been rotating them since the beginning to ward off infection.. This thing actually looks like it's healing up.

I have absolutely no idea what is going on here.

I don't know if I should be terrified or happy. I sent these photos to Dr. Massat and I guess he will decide that for me.

Even if the tumor fell out, we are still going to NH because I think there would still be margins to deal with. I guess? Again Dr. M. can decide.

I just hope I don't find it in our bed.

G.

Winslowfoottumor.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Keeping you in my prayers Winslow.

Hugs,

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

I emailed Glynis a reply and told her of course it was strange, it's Winslow :rolleyes: and that I was pretty sure Dr. M would want to remove what is left.

She responded:

I've been keeping my eyes open for a little tumor running around (you know, eyes and legs, laughing and squealing at all of us).

Maybe if I can trap it, I'll take it to Dr. Massat for a biopsy. Or, let Winslow keep it for a pet.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Poopbag still in tree :) Winslow is feeling fine. The toe does not bother him!

btw -- today Glynis is prepping the basement where they will stay for a few weeks while Winslow heals. I'll let you all know when I get an update!

Edited by Burpdog

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

I've been keeping my eyes open for a little tumor running around (you know, eyes and legs, laughing and squealing at all of us).

Maybe if I can trap it, I'll take it to Dr. Massat for a biopsy. Or, let Winslow keep it for a pet.

:rofl

Not that tumors are funny. Oh Winslow, you never cease to be the oddest, and most lovable dog!!

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest EmbersDad
Maybe the little tumor with legs is outside, checking out the poopbag in the tree?

i think it went and joined the poopbag :rofl

hang in there winslow....althea and jed say our exit is 40A on 295 north in joisey. come on by:-)

Guest KyGrey

I haven't posted but have been thinking and praying for Winslow. Glad he's still doing okay and am looking forward to the update.

June 22, 2009

Hi Diane,

I just cannot believe it! First of all, I think the power of GT caused that little tumor to sprout legs and run away! This has just been so amazing. I have been reading all the posts to Winslow. He is so thankful that everyone cares so much about him! He is amazed at all the posts, and so are Craig and I! AMAZING! So Wonderful to know there are so many who care so much!

We have also had 2 offers from people in the New Hampshire area to stay with them!

We are all so touched! If Winslow weren't such a stinker about other dogs.... but he is. The good news is there is a PET FRIENDLY Hampton Inn in Nashua! We can use Hilton Points! I knew we were saving them for something!

All of this caring means so very much to all of us! Winslow's understanding is very good (I also think he can read) and he certainly feels the love!

The little tumor has not returned and the hole that it came from seems to be healing. He still has the crater, but it's not bleeding or doing anything it shouldn't. The walls of it seem to be thickening some.. looks like it's trying to heal. Maybe this will provide enough tissue to get the margins. I don't really know how that works but am going to find out on Wednesday.

I will have email (LOVE THE HAMPTON INN--FREE WIFI) and will continue to read all the posts to Winslow.

The poopbag is still in the tree although it's barely visible. I doubt it will be going anywhere this week, but will have my neighbor check it, just in case.

Surgery is Wednesday morning. I'll be in touch when I can. I think they will allow me to stay with him afterward. Then he sees me waking up and I'll survive this ordeal a lot better. (Yep, I do it for me, too).

Glynis

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Winslow, I thought of you when I turned on my ceiling fan this weekend! You're in on the nightly candle until your mom gives us all the all-clear.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Guest IrskasMom

Winslow Honey ..... I have all my Fingers and Toes crossed and Morty all his Paws for your speedy Recovery .

Sending you gentle Hugs and Kisses :grouphug:kiss2:grouphug:kiss2:grouphug:dogcookie

June 23, 2009

Hi Diane,

We made it to Nashua safely. We left at 10AM and got here at 8:30PM. Not as far as we thought. Winslow always travels well, so he just hung out in the back on his bed. Getting up once in awhile to see where we were and monitor the situation.

The bed in the hotel room is so high that Winslow wont even try it. So we moved the mattress to the floor so we could all feel like home. Appt. is at 9am. so, more after we know something. We allowed crocheted Jerry to come along for moral support. If everything goes well, Im sure there will be a photo.

Im not using apostrophes.. Mini computer and that key is in a very awkward place, so I boycott.

Glynis

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Sending BIG TIME prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project