Winslow's Diary

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:confetti:yay:confetti

Three cheers for Winslow!!! :cheers :cheers :cheers

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Yay for good news! :confetti

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

I have been anxiously awaiting this report! Such good news!!!! :yay:confetti

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

YAY Winslow!!!! :yay :yay :confetti:yay :yay :kiss2

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest EmbersDad
January 8, 2009

The vet called.

ALL IS WELL.

Winslow passes all tests with flying colors!

Woooohooooo!

Glynis

awin.jpg

THATS MY BOY!!!!!!! WAY TO GO WINSLOW

:confetti :confetti :confetti

Whooo hooo is right!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

You're our hero, Winslow!! :yay:confetti:couchjump

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Way to go, Winslow!

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Oh, Winslow you fuzzy fella - congratulations! 1 year and 11 months cancer free! I have a spare pair of Raybans if you're interested. Don't worry about the puparazzi - that last disguise will work just fine! You're an inspiration to all! :confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

January 13, 2009

Good Morning Diane,

I hope you had a good time in Fl. and feel well and rested.

Winslow, Craig and I had a very rough night.

At bedtime, Winslow gave Craig the "sad eyes". This means,"I don't feel so well"..

We sat with him and he went to sleep. At 1:am, he had to go out. Craig took him and

reported that he had the big D. At 2:am, he was throwing up the water he drank at 1:00

At 3 he was out with the big D again... Craig said it was liquid, but that's all. He looked at it

with a flashlight. At 3:30 vomiting water again. I stayed up and cooked rice and a turkey breast in

anticipation of what he was going to eat today.

At 5:AM, I took him out.. What was watery big D was now bloody... I called the vet, piled him into the car

and went. We got there and when he got out of the car he did it again. By this time it was nearly daylight and what I saw was absolutely terrifying. (You nearly got a very early phone call-- fortunately, I was at the vets when this happened). I was sure something was hemorraging.

Winslow knew he was sick, so he went right in and was really good for his exam. Oddly, the vet wasn't nearly as concerned as I was (needless to say, I was freaking out). He wasn't having stomach pain. She looked at a sample of the bloody D. under the microscope and said he has a bacterial infection. An injection of antibiotics and pills for 5 days. She say's he'll be as good as new. (I hope so!).

So, he slept all the way home and is obviously feeling better already. He's sleeping now.

I asked why this happened. She said he ate something he shouldn't have! Winslow doesn't pick stuff up, doesn't eat plant dirt or anything else. HE DOESN'T EVEN EAT FOOD THAT FALLS ON THE FLOOR! I swear I don't know what he could have eaten! He is not allowed in the yard alone. The only place he goes alone is on the deck. Everywhere else, he's on a lead. He sniffs some things, but never eats anything I don't actually give to him. He hasn't been around other dogs and hasn't been swimming for 3 weeks (vacation).

If you have any ides about how he could have gotten this, please let me know. I'm at a total loss.

Glynis

PS: This thing is called clostridial bacteria.?

UPDATE: Winslow has been asleep since we got home at 10:30 AM.

He ate a small portion of turkey and rice at 1:00

NO symptoms at all. He's just really tired.

So, hopefully he's going to be over this soon..

Dr. S. is a regular vet at VCA She's the one who took care of Winslow during the Rimadyl incident. She's good. He was seen by the E-vet first and by the time that was done, Dr. S. had arrived.

He has never had this before.

They aren't growing the culture, but I'll ask about it when I call today.

By last night, his poop was just fine except for the last of the blood.

He slept all night, no problem and is now eating his breakfast.

Although they said he could go back on his regular diet this moring, I kept him on a mix of it with the turkey and rice. I don't want to overload him with all the vitamins and canned meat just yet.

Dr. S. said he ate something he shouldn't have. I'm still at a loss with that one. She said there was "grit" in his stool that would indicate something he ate and didn't digest. The only thing I can think of is possible potting soil. He's never touched the plants or even paid any attention to them, but I guess it's possible. The other possibility seems that he may have stepped in something and then licked his paw. According to everything the vet said and what I've read, it can come from a million places. . Something allowed that bacteria to overgrow and the balance to be messed up. She said she sees a lot of it.

She also seems to think it's a one time thing. I guess we'll know for sure when he's done with the antibiotics. I sure hope so.

I'm going to ask VCA to add a human cardiologist to their staff. Also someone who can administer a sedative to mommy.

This was absolutely horrible.

Awinill.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest BlackandBrindle

Poor Glynis!

It's hard not to feel that fire alarm being pulled when they are sick. :grouphug

Feel better Winslow! I'm sorry you're feeling poorly. :kiss2

Guest LoveMyJoseyBean

Poor Glyins. Get that lady a glass of wine!

Winslow, sweetie, you freaked your parents out! Get better riteawayqwik!

Glynis,

do you feed the birds or squirrels in your yard? One of my dogs have eaten bird seed from a neighbor's ground feeder. Also, if there are droppings in your yard from any sort of animals, they might be yummy this time of year.

Hope you and Winslow are feeling better soon,

DD

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Poor Glynis. I've dealt with that infection before and it's really scary. Hard to believe that they're not dying when it looks so bad.

Happy to hear that he's on the mend!

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

Feel better soon Winslow! :grouphug

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

Glynis, no worries, taht stuff is all over the place. He'll be fully recovered in no time. I'm sure you know what this means though. As soon as his stomach can handle it, extra Burpdog biscuits until Winslow is full up. ;)

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."