WFUBCC #232 - The Falling Leaves

I’m glad that Angie had an easy passing at home. It will be an adjustment for all of you as you get used to missing her. :grouphug

I was at the zoo for Boo this afternoon and showed the poop to everyone. :lol: Lots of experienced animal people did agree it was very odd and everyone was settling on raccoon, mostly as a default. But then I saw the curator and she confidently solved the mystery. It’s not a moose. :lol It was a fox, which makes sense with the screaming I heard the other night. She said at this time of year they gorge themselves on wild grapes, which apparently grow everywhere, so much that they just poop them right out. So my comparison to dried currants was right on!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Wow!  :thumbs-up Carol Ann.  And Molly looks like she was a most excellent assistant ;)  

Glad the poo mystery has been solved.  I have seen a lot of raccoon poo over the years and it doesn't look like that.  

Oh Nancy.  Getting used to the 'new normal' is tough.  Hope Kiva is OK on her own :brokenheart

The Inn was hopping when I left at 7.  We had 31 people in for their Turnkey / ham dinner.  This is our Thanksgiving weekend.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Vanessa & Kathy thanks for the Librela info. I see that Howie used it too & you thought it helped him Ducky?

Carol Ann you did a great job now go take care of yourself.

No  Elizabeth updates ?  Are you home?  Enroute ?

Penn State won , so mom is in a betrer mood

Wiki Miss Jennie was right, it belongs to a fox

I want to thank you all for your garden photos.  I get to enjoy a garden w/o doing the work, THANKS 

Night All, Bitzi

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

I think Miss Lizabeth said they had to stay overnite one nite before they gotted home.

Miss Jerilyn we knew the ZOO peeples would know!!  

Good job Miss Carol Ann!!  :thumbs-up

Momma moved one big yard pot, changed some lite bulbs, and cooked some sqwarsh and porking chops.  Now she's reading and watching Ohio vs Oreegun.  Her horsie comed in third.  :dunno

Later Gaters!!

AP - more followering

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Wow Miss Carol Ann, that is a lot ob work!   It looks beautimous!   So does Molly.

I forgot to tell you!  We had a gud playgroop today wif 9 houndies.  Then a Great Danish named Stella came!  She is huge!  She had 4 litters ob poopies before she went to her foreber home.

Miss Nancy, we are thinking about you today :grouphug 

Ivy 

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

:coffee Good morning!

Thinking of Miss Nancy, Misser Doug and Kiva today.

It is 54 degrees outside but will go up to 80 today!  Then the rest ob the week will be much much cooler.

Habs a gud Sunnyday today!

Ivy 

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

3 hours ago, Patsy said:

And here I thot I might beat Kathy in saying good morning since for some reason going back to sleep at 4 am doesn't seem to be in the cards. Oh well. 

Ahh, but remember it’s an hour later here on the East Coast!

Gud Sunny Sunnyday! Last day of our baycation, we go home tomorrow. 

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Looking like rainy rains.   :coffee       Long gone

I hope Nancy, Doug & Kiva got some sleep :bighug

Hopefully Elizabeth will make it home today.   A casual friend of mine has a house in Punta Gorda (sp?) - they use it themselves and also rent it out. She’s posted pics of some Marina near her house, with huge boats pushed up onto the shore. Her place seems to be OK. 

I will soon be heading off to ride. Then head to the Hallmark Store to get my CripsMix ornaments.  They don’t open until noon on Sundays, which is an absolutely ridiculous time. Hopefully the fabric store opens earlier so I can pop in there for some fleece. 

Have a good day :)

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

Hello my Friendlies!!

Last nice, fall day with sunnings today.  The rainings seezin will get it's start tamarrow as it's sposed to rain all week long.  :bugeye 

Everybody must be sleeping in today cause it's been kinda slow in the Club!!!  Momma sure was sleepy this morning, and she already feels like taking a nap!!

Miss Ivy, didja get to say Hello :wave to that Grated Danish at playgroop yesserday???  They are big, and can be kinda scary, but mostly they are just big sweeties.  :beatheart  I like em!!

We sure  :hope  Miss Lizabeth et All get home today without too much trubbles!!!  And that there isn't a allimagator in their driveway!!!  :eek  

Drive safe going home Miss Vanessa et All!!!  

Antie Jennie, didja already go to Minnysodas???  How are all your little critters doing??

Not sure what's going on today.  Momma is wurried about Daddy.  He's been doing, like, a teeny bit betterer the last few weeks, but yesserday he was really grumpy and tired and sleeped a lot, so he missed eating some.  Then this morning he's been really grumpy and confuselled.  Which doesn't help when Momma is really morning grumpy too.  :rolleyes:  

So I hope we get to spend some good time outside this morning, since it's gonna be cruddy mostly this week.  And I hope I get to play with the loor pole!!  :candle  Then, afferwurds, we all sit on the dekk - me and Flizzie lay on the dog beds - in the sunnings, which is really great!!  Then I get bored and want to come inside!!!  ;)  

Wishings for a sanctified Sunnyday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

AndiPants, I did get to sniff sniff that Great Danish.   She is BEEEG!   She weighs three times more than me!  :eek   But she wuz bery sweet (but slobbery).   Her hooman wuz nice too.

Miss Chris, Momma wuz wundering that, since the full moon is happening this week, if that's why Daddy is sleeping a lot and is confuzzled.   Maybe that's why your Daddy is too.

Miss Carol Ann, Momma wants you to know that there wuz an article in the Washington Post Travel section today about hiding rubber duckies on crooze ships!  goose-sm.png

Drive safely Miss Elizabeth and Miss Vanessa!

It is such a beautimous bloo sky day here in Mary Land!   Momma and Daddy took us on our morning Wiki Walkie and it wuz gorjus!   

Oh!!! I forgot to tell you!!!!   Our neighbors Miss Sherrie and MIsser Jeff who used to habs our leetle maltese frend Sadie (who went to the Rainbow Bridge last year)  adopted a noo poopie!   His name is Theo and he is 8 months old.   Momma does knot know whot breed he is, Miss Sherrie says maybe part Shih Tzu and maybe Havanese.  They might do a Dee Enn Aaa test on him to find out.  Anyway, she says he is KNOT soshalized to other doggies yet, so we habs knot met him, Momma and Daddy did tho and Momma sed he is bery kewt.  

That's all for now  I think it is time for me to :nappy wif Daddy!

Ivy 51033670718_0c81b1b4d2_o.png  

• Like 1

Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday, then Monday morning when the hellion goes back home! My crew will be so happy to see him gone. He actually had calmed down a bit by Thursday but yesterday, and especially today, he really ramped things up again. Noah was a good boy and didn't snap when Enzo got in his face. Howie gets the wide-eye PTSD look when Enzo yaps and yelps for no reason. Flashy does a good job of avoiding him and he or her, but when she runs happily back into the house and Enzo thinks she's about to bump into him he launches in the shrieks again. Fortunately, Flashy does not react to that noise. I really think Enzo is deaf. He only reacts when movement is within his forward and peripheral vision but not a growl or call from me. I have had to use a squirt gun a few times.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Hey Chris? Guess what I finished reading this week? ALL the In Death books including the new one that came out last month. I had three new ones piled up on my Kindle and decided to start from the beginning again! LOL! So I reread the 56 book that I had already read and then read the three new ones! After reading them all sequentially (and not for the first time I must admit) I feel like I have lost my best friends now that they are all read. Gosh, waiting until the next one is released sucks! At least it comes out on Feb. 4th. which is my birthday! 

Carol Ann. 

• Like 1

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Miz Ducky, Howie, Noah, and Flashy, I hope you all make it through the last ob this unpleasant guest's visit.  :kiss2  You each might qualify for sainthood!

AndiPants, I'm sorry your Dad is habing a bad time right now.  That's extra hard after some improvement.  Since he missed some food, does he nee to get fluids in himself maybe. :kiss2

Ma got the plants in and in places where she hopes they'll get enough light to manage this winter.  As requested, here's the haul:
463116942_10220256165953624_252438802761

In the front are 2 small nursery pots with 5 stems of a really neato vining geranium that she likes. She'd like more so she's trying to root some. The tall one wif support is a Mandevilla that blooms wif yaller flowers.  It made it through last winter indoors, so she's optimistic.  Then there are so pots of peenk geraniums they had in hanging baskets and would like to use again.  Then there's the vining geraminum.  She also is try to root 6 stems from this year's coleus, 'cus, well why knot! :D

Miss Carol Ann what a beautiful space your lanai is!  Howeber, all those cushions and pillows look like a real pita to manage for washing. :kiss2

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

We will be leebin tomorrow, tuday we ran sum energy off at da dog park, and Mom & Nan did sum quik sweeps fru sum antique places.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Oh my corazon ache at da thot dat mi preciosa Angie went to da bridge. :weep

She wuz da most beautimous galga wiff a pure corazon and a spiffy personnality

She will be missed...señorita Nancy and señor Doug, I will keep yoo in me thots

I will take care obs her in da sky when dis my time

Tu amigo 

Zorro el galgo, hartbroken

• Sad 2

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

Miss Carol Ann, that's how Momma feels too!!  She can't hardly wait the 6 months between new books in the series!  :rolleyes:

No words yet from Miss Lizabeth??

Miss Ducky, you're a good hoomin for sitting on that nutball iggie!!  Everybody will be glad he's going home I bet! 

Mister Nate!!  Thanks for the pichers!!  Those all look great.  It just shows how different our weathers are!  Alla those things are gonna go ded here if theyre outside!!

Miss Ivy, we havent noticed anything like that with my Daddy before, but Momma says she wouldn't be surprised.  :unsure

We had a good play and a run and some digging and some sunbaffing.  Now we are napping inside.

Later Gaters!!

AP - napper

Such a lovely assortment of greenery, Lucy :)   And Chris & Kathy, too with such nice gardens.

I have no patience or time for gardening. None. Zip. Zero. Nada.  I stick a handful of geraniums in a cuppla beeg pot things out on the front at the edge of the driveway.  I have some hostas and lillies that require zero time or maintenance.  And hope the tulips/daffydils pop up every spring.   My Mom had such lovely flower gardens. 

Only one more sleep, Ducky  :goodluck

:(

:(     Richard & Dennis, as the full moon approaches. 

Hope Elizabeth is managing to find gasoline. And food.  CBC news reports that they are in short supply.  My friend posted today that her house down there is OK but there are lots of downed branches and mud everywhere. And the pool is full of mud.  They are not down there, but have received reports from neighbours. 

I have my last Desk shift tomorrow morning  :)   

Tuesday we will start into the stripping of cabins, toting stuff over to the owners cottage so it doesn't freeze. And doing laundry.  Lots of laundry.

Speaking of lots of laundry--the 10th and final load is happily spinning in the dryer as we speak. I may never move again (laundry is in the basement of course).  

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

1 hour ago, Jenbo said:

What series are you talking about?

Momma and Miss Carol Ann are obsessed with this really long, kind of fuchuristikal sci fi police procedure book series callt In Death, by the writer lady J D Robb.  It started way back in the 90s, and Momma started reading it then cause it's the pen name of a writer lady she really likes for romantically books callt Nora Roberts.  Miss Carol Ann started reading a few years ago, and Miss Charla reads em too.  The series gots, like, around 62 books now, so rereading em all takes a good long time!!  Momma can tell you aaaallllllll about em if you want Miss Jenn!!  :rolleyes:

Good for you Miss Patsy!!

Mam, do you get sad when the Inn seezin is over for the year?

AP - full from dinner  :chow

Edited by greysmom

Miss Chris and Miss Carol Ann!  Did you know that author that you like libs in Mary Land ?  Momma and Auntie Linda visited that town (Boonsboro) and went to the author’s  bookstore that she owns!

• Like 1