WFUBCC #231 - Dog Days of Summer

It's afternoon here now and I am exhausted. The lawn mowing dude was supposed to come but the weather report didn't look cooperative. Of course it ended up knot raining. He'll be here tomorrow though.

Since I was up early I skipped a shower to get all sweaty and stinky by doing yard chores. I cut back a lot of my plants that wear suffering in the heat. Some had a funeral. I hung up a new security light on the fence and have another one left to do. That one will go in Mosquitoville, deep in the backyard. Knot gonna happen today.

Saturday I went to my favorite nursery about 30 miles away. They knot only had parsley plants, but they were covered in itty bitty eastern black swallowtail kittypillars. Some of the ones in the dog crate are now 2" long fat boys, named Chubs One, Chubbs Too, and Chubbbs Three. These critters in their various stages are just fascinating to watch, like goldfish in a tank but outside in the heat and humidity. :P

I've ordered some butterfly habitat enclosures to protect them. This will involve moving them around and maybe rousting some from the dog crate. I found a really helpful, although overwhelming, FB page. There's some neato videos on here too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1721907194839181

In other news, knot much going on here. NoAh continues to have skin issues and I foresee a vet appointment in his future. We've tried Zyrtek, Apoquel, and Cytopoint with no success. At this point I'm wondering if a steroid might help. His skin healed after getting a chemical burn of some kind while still in Spain and the hair never grew back over those patches. But after looking at some photos from when he first arrived, I am seeing new patches here and there, including on his head. They are knot places he could get at to scratch. Knot ringworm either.

And I still haven't written my merchant seaman's story for Patsy yet. I've been in a writing slump.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Aww, itchys are no fun, NoAh! Iffn Mom remembories rite, herbs friends GSP gets a baff in sum special bar soap dat really helps himz bad skin, she will ask!

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

3 hours ago, palmettobug said:

Aww, itchys are no fun, NoAh! Iffn Mom remembories rite, herbs friends GSP gets a baff in sum special bar soap dat really helps himz bad skin, she will ask!

He just had a bath at the groomer's using the shampoo I provided, containing good essential oils from the vet that makes them. He was comfortable for a day or so and then scratch scratch again.

• Sad 1

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

4 hours ago, macoduck said:

It's afternoon here now and I am exhausted.

Labor Day turned into LABOR DAY.  Laundry, sewing, two batches of cookies, a lasagna, and a rack of ribs.  Ugh.  I'm eggzositficated.

Nate, you are so cute!!! :wub:

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Oh Nate!  I think your eyes are just beautimus :)  

Poor Noah  :(

Oh Ducky - that link is for a private group.  But!  The LTC facility that we visit has had ginormus mesh cages, specially for caterpillars/butterflies - and they 'hatch' butterflies every year.  They place them right in the lobby - bright and airy with beeg windows - and it is fascinating to watch.

PattyKake loaded fairly well and we had a marvelous 1.5 hour (7.6km - one of the gals has a tracking App) ride with Morag and 2 others.  Patty saw her first herd of cattle and remained calm even when they started walking towards the fenceline.  We also encountered a couple of farm kidlets on their little ATVs when we were on the road.  There were quite a few bicycles when we went onto the rail-trail. 

• Like 1

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

tiny hada siggy.png

Gorgeous :heart    The LTC had mostly Monarchs. 

They also do a Monarch release in June.  The butterflies are inside small paper folders.  You open them and release them in memory of someone who has passed.  The do it outside in one of their beautiful Butterfly Friendly gardens

I'll see if I can find a photo.

445369220_768866868733426_6180462438064926777_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=127cfc&_nc_ohc=kv8hMzoaFZAQ7kNvgGu8ThS&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.xx&oh=00_AYDXknJG_a8GFdmaO1OvrMLnoQeSNcH-wwoDNr73T8JCug&oe=66DC1342

445356444_768862352067211_9190596688320579537_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=127cfc&_nc_ohc=rEPX-bt_0DYQ7kNvgEsjwMw&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.xx&_nc_gid=AyeAaIWHxkn3L2ju0t2fB2V&oh=00_AYD_l17MhqRkMMIoWpIi5b0b5tVwBJRsNA9zpZK_09TsqQ&oe=66DC18B9

We have a LOT of Milkweed here on our property - grows wild.  However, I did not see too many Monarchs - or Swallowtails - this year, compared to other years. 

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

With Kathy at sea, I see I must take on the Good Morning post.

Good Morning.:wave

It's my firs Crossroads Tuesday instead of Thursday. I think it will even out the workload of the week though I kind of liked the race from Project Linus Wednesday to Sewing Circle Friday.  I like my days being with other people and doing things.  I'm not used to being home and around someone else 24/7 :wacko:.

Ducky, what a medical mystery. :dunno

Nancy, Patty is certainly turning into a very nice horse. (Not that she wasn't nice before, just that you're training her up nicely and she's behaving well.)

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Ccccchilly 7C   :coffee     Heading into another gorgeous pre-fall day

Might need to dig out some long pants for these cooler mornings!

Gotta clean the trailer out before I head into the City.  I order two pair of glasses from LensCrafters 3 weeks ago and one pair came in.  The other pair ‘should’ be there by now but they never answer their phone.  Grrrrrrrr.  

Morag sent me a couple of pictures from our ride. I’ll post them when I get on my desk topper.

Gud weirdly cool Toesday! We had a bunch ob rain yesterday, but it was hoomid for last owts, now it iz nice and breezy.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Well, Ma and her back survived the mowing just fine and she's really glad to have it done.  The yard was looking pretty shaggy by the time she got to it. :lol:

Hm, Mother ob Pearl.  Ma remembers buttons made ob Mother of Pearl from her childhood.  I fink she'll stick wif Opals for describing my eyeballs 'cuz it's habit now. :D Good luck at the vet's, AndiPants.

Miz Ducky, what a wonderful catterpillar and budderfly momma you are! :yay
Auntie Ann's kitteh Seiko gets itchy sores from some kind ob allergy (the vet thinks) a few times a year. He gets a shot that clears it all right up. I don't know what kind of shot or allergy butt I wonder if NoaH is sensitive, like Seiko?

Miss Elizabeth, you wear yourself out wif chores and good deeds. :kiss2  Howeber, I hear you that you enjoy the companionship and the giving. You are such a wonderful person. :wub:

Patty saw cows and kids on ATVs and held her own!  :yay

We are now starting a span ob several days of blissfully cooler weather!  Ma is so happy and so am I!

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Miss Ducky Ducky Quack, I know you are vary bizzy, but have you heard from Miss Noo Carol's friendly at all?  Like iffen she's gettin bedder of iffen she's gettin our cards?

Nate, you and your opal eyes are vary kewte! My Mistress is specially smitten wiff that white stripe on your snoot.

Miss Kathy, we're wavin in the direktshun of the lake! Can you see us?

Wiki :ph34r

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Gud mornings!

Mama iz tired...Misser Peabody started wif wun ub himz eppysodes arownd 400 yesserday an eben da Gabby Pencil pills did KNOT help himz.  He iz on 100 mg - abowt da equibalent ub wut Bitzi takes on accounta himz iz only 22 pownds.  He only gets it when himz haz an ishoo, so mama iz going to see if da doze can go a leetle higher since it iz onlyee az needed.

Oh, Nate...mama sez demz opal older eyes melt her harts.

Run free sweet DOOdad.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Just wanted to say :wave since we are on land right now and I have internet service.  We are sitting in the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island overlooking Lake Huron and I am sipping and iced masala chai while Jim is people watching.  We just got off our carriage ride-those draft horses are amazing and HUGE! We will be having lunch here then walking down into town to explore.

I am not caught up on the posts for today so hopefully will finish before we leave the island.  
Tomorrow is a sea day sailing down Lake Huron, so my next chance to post will be on Thursday.  See you then!

Kathy 

• Like 3

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

3 hours ago, Jerilyn said:

Miss Ducky Ducky Quack, I know you are vary bizzy, but have you heard from Miss Noo Carol's friendly at all?  Like iffen she's gettin bedder of iffen she's gettin our cards?

Wiki :ph34r

I shall text Carol's friendly ASAP. Well, her name isn't ASAP, but you know what I mean. :P

Edited by macoduck
  • Thanks 4

tiny hada siggy.png

Hello my Friendlies!!

We are starting out all cloudy and cool, but will be sunnings and warmer by this affernoon.  Then more warmings until we're back close to 100 for Thirdsday and Friedday.  :bugeye 

Miss Kathy, we hope you are having a fun time and Mister Jim isn't getting too confuzzled or tired and that Misses Ivy and Cherry are behaving theirownseffs at their sleepaway house!!  :thumbs-up

Miss Fancy, it seem like Mister Peabody has NOT had as many eppysodes of his whatever-it-is lately??  You could be not telling us - which is fine! - but it would be a good thing if they were happening less.  Increasing his gabby pensills mite work, but also, I wunner if adding anuther differnt kind of drug like Alprazolam (which works fast too) mite help too.  :dunno  Tho we know Miss Dr Robin gots a really good vetamarian helping her.  :kiss2  

Mister Nate we're very happy that Miss Loosy got the lawn mowed safely and didn't hurt her back any worser.  :nod 

Miss Wiki we been wunnering the same thing, since everybody's cards should be starting to get to Kansas by now.  :nod  Miss Ducky is ON IT tho!!

Miss Lizabeth we are glad that you have founded your tribe down there in Flowereedah!!  Momma says you - and most of the other peeples in the whole whirled - are the zact opposite of Momma!!!  :lol  You like seeing peeples and getting together and having fun.  Momma would be just as happy to never see anuther persin at all!!  She's not just a introvert, she's a HERMIT!!!  :rofl  One of those ones that live in a cave in a mowntin!!  :lol  

Mam it sounds like Miss Patty Horsie likes going out and about on the trails and such!!  She's such a level-headed horsie for you - unless she's being sassy!!!  ;) 

Momma's new book gotted delivered to herown Kindle last nite, so today's definitely gonna be a reading day!!  :rolleyes:  Tho the garbige is gonna hafta get set out sometime today too.

Maybe we shall get emergency groshrees too.  I don't know if you guys got Kroger stores where you live, but the big news around here is that Kroger is trying to buy out Albertson's and make one huge groshree store.  There's a big anti-monopoly trialing going on to see if it can even happen cause it would be, like, the 4th biggest store in the YuuEss.  But, plus also, their workers are NOT happy and they can't get a contract done until the trialing and everything are over, so they been on strike for a week and we haven't had any groshrees.  But the strike is sposed to be over today, and we need some things.  I gess.  Not anything *I* eat, that's for sure!!  :shakefinger 

Ohyeah.  Momma wants to know how many of the other Mommas still balintse their chekking book every munf???  Momma is thinking about not, and it's kind of freeking her out!!!  :lol  She says, back in the old old days nobody could look at their accounts every day, and keep so close a trakk of things immediately like.  Plus also, she does most of our buying and shopping online, and keeping up the chekking book, line by line, seems like a big chore to her now!!!  :haha  She used to have to balinste it down to the penny every munf, without fail - cause that's how herown Momma totted her!!  But she's finding she just, like, adjusts everything to say what the bank says she has, and it doesn't seem to matter so much how accurate herown rekord keeping is.  :dunno  :youcrazy 

Wishings for a tantalizing Toozday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

:rotfl  Miss Chris, Ma balances/reconciles her spreadsheet with the bank weekly for both her account and the one she and Auntie Ann use for household expenses. I must be, 20 years ago she took some Excel training and decided that she could build a spreadsheet to simplify what she'd been doing manually for years.  She's real careful and disciplined wif money and the burning question when she looked at her balance was always, "Well how much of that balance is my remaining 'fun money' for discretionary stuff??"  The spreadsheet answers that burning question.  Then there's a tab for the monthly budget.  She is so OCD! :D
To be honest, since it's so easy to watch banking on like these days, it's prolly safe to knot go through that reconciliation process. Butt Ma still has that burning question to answer. :lol:

We all had a nice Wiki walkie this morning butt I was real hot and tired when we got back and lay on the libing room rug panting under the ceiling fan for a good long time.

Nate 

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

MS Andipants, you tell your Momma that I too was raised to balance the checkbook every month and it felt weird to stop, but I haven’t done it in years now. I get an email from the bank every morning, and I look at that, and just go along with whatever they say since it seems close to what I think it should be. Plus I hardly ever write real checks anymore.

2 hours ago, macoduck said:

Well, her name isn't ASAP

It is now! :rofl

I"m so glad Richard balances the joint books.  My own checkbook is only used for insurance payments so I look at the statement, add the number to my Excel sheet on net worth and call it a day.

Andi - himz habz been doing better - an wen himz has had da attacks, da gabby pencils figgsez dem rite away qwick.  Da last wun wuz three weeks to da day - an did KNOT last long - but dat wuz da ole pattern.  Three weeks almoss to da day ebbery time...but affer da nishal start ub da gabby pentin - himz went like siggz weeks.  Deer iz a call into da doctor.

• Like 1

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I haven't balanced the checkbook for a good ten plus years now. Virtually all our bills are billed to our credit card. The only things I write a check for are property taxes, donations to local political candidates, and for the gal who cuts my hair. So many local folks take plastic these days that even local political contributions go on The Card. When you live in Grand Forks North Dakota you do everything you can to get airline miles!  Our credit union has made online banking so easy to do. 

• Like 1

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

3 hours ago, greysmom said:

She used to have to balinste it down to the penny every munf, without fail - cause that's how herown Momma totted her!!  But she's finding she just, like, adjusts everything to say what the bank says she has, and it doesn't seem to matter so much how accurate herown rekord keeping is.  :dunno  :youcrazy 

Same here.  I'm so OCD that I had to balance it all the time, but now I just look at what the bank says.

It is so cool and less humid here, beautiful weather the last 2 days.  I was watching Felix and Iola over the weekend, and supposed to stay till Monday morning.  But they decided to come home Sunday night, and still paid me for 3 nights!  :yay

I love butterflies, especially the monarchs.  Well, you all know how special they are to me.  Nick used to send them, and now Laila does too.  My Laila Mariposa.  :beatheart

Nancy had a great ride with Patty! 

Poor little Howie.

Oh, Nate, you certainly are a "jewel of a hound." :heart  Your eyes are mesmerizing.

Miss Sadie, I'm afraid you have to get used to that picture taking.  All the Moms do it.  And you are sooo pretty.

Sounds like Kathy is having a fun cruise.

Elizabeth, I LOVED the Doodad video!  How clever her owners were, and how charming she was.  :brokenheart

Everyone involved in getting Gabe to Cindy has started messaging on Facebook.  We're working the schedule out, and I can't wait to meet her gorgeous little guy.

I am kind of having an anxiety attack, like I always do after purchasing plane tickets.  Mary and I just bought our tickets to New Orleans!  October 15 to October 22.  The anxiety will pass to be replaced with obsession!  So much to do, so little time. 

Don't know why I have this font.  :dunno  From the quote?

Edited by queenwinniesmom

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown