WFUBCC #231 - Dog Days of Summer

Miss Kathy we are very very very happy to hear that they got Miss Ivy's bleeding unner control, and that she mite come home tamamrrow!

Momma uses that Yunan stuff for Flizzie cause she's got that bleeding disorder thingy, and it works really good.

We will be baknforthing while we sleep all nite long and hope to wake up to good news in the morning!

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Awaiting news of Ivy (knowing it could take all day). :hope

I just rechecked the weather in Maine for next week. Instead of highs of 70, it's highs in the low 80s.  Now, I get to rethink my whole wardrobe.  I'm not used to traveling without a checked bag so am very space conscious.  The good news is that warm weather tops take up less room than cool so I can pack extra. ^_^

• Like 1

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Elizabeth, yes, lately daytime temps have been very warm, high 70's to low 80's. But nights have been 41-48F with a few 51F mornings sprinkled in. You'll still need some chilly weather gear :)

• Like 1

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Back’n’Forth   :coffee     Back’n’Forth 

Foggy this morning.

Elizabeth!  You’ve gotten used to the Florida weather that only changes from hot to HOT to hot.  Jan is right… and wait until the day before your trip to decide.

Off to ride.  Then braid TheWidge.  He and his kidlet are going to their very first show at the Kingston Fall Fair After braidin I’ll come home and head to Wendells Celebration.   Then I’ll head into the fair.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

:coffee Good morning !

I am getting here later this morning because I was  exhausted and slept in!

I got a text last night from the vet tech who was taking care of Ivy.  Her name is Melissa and she was completely enamored of her!  She said she loves greyhounds and has 4 of her own!   What are the chances? :)   They were giving her Amicar at the time.  She texted me again at 1 am because they  had taken her neck wrap off and she took a picture which I will post when I get to my desktop computer.

I didn’t hear  anything else yet but I’ll let you know when I get an update.

I truly appreciate all the wonderful support and backandforf-ing!  You really helped to get me through this!  FF&F !

Kathy

• Like 4

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

5 minutes ago, Potomacpupsmom said:

She texted me again at 1 am because they  had taken her neck wrap off

Is that a good thing? :goodluck

Yes, I know I've gotten acclimatized.  I'm not bringing shorts, just a pair of capris an more short sleeve blouses rather than all long sleeve (and a sweater and real socks :ohno ).

• Like 1

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Kathy, I'm glad you slept in. :kiss2 Amazing about Ivy's tech, that is the best!  We are still baknforfing!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

51 minutes ago, Mercsmom said:

Is that a good thing? :goodluck

They were just changing it.

Here is the picture that the vet tech sent to me at 1 am.    Ivy looks kind of shell shocked, but still beatiful!

459630557_2033857873746055_4914436885389

• Like 7

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Gud drizzly Satonday! We are glad dat Ivy had a gud nite--now herbs peeple can take a big houndie-nap (and yoo don't habs to put yer peeties in da air, dat's optional!)

Exoctic froots--iffn yoo habs a Hispanic or Asian market nearby, dey offen habs dat sort ob fing. 

Mizz Elizabeff, Mom habs sum ob does packing cubes bags for stuffing herbs clothes in.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Hello me freends!

Ohh Miss Ivy, we awr relieved. I hope yoo feel good enuff to come home later!

Miss Cindy, congramatulashun on yoor noo arrival! It will be full obs life in da house :lol

Momma-bear's parents awr heer fur a foo days, so I habs to be a gud host,

Yoor freend,

Charlie

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

Caroline, the info about the UC Davis study was in an email which I deleted because Nate's a male. :blush I've done some Google searching and found this:
https://vgl.ucdavis.edu/news/new-test-available-x-linked-progressive-retinal-atrophy-greyhounds   This makes it sound like the study is complete, but I'm not sure that's true.  Additionally, it was at least the 2nd study they did involving Greyhounds and PRA. Based on the experience of the vet tech from my vet's office (her dog was diagnosed with PRA and she and her family were looking for encouragement and resources) it is easy and helpful to contact UC Davis Veterinary Genetics Lab directly.  Their web site is https://vgl.ucdavis.edu  Than website has a nifty lookup tool for studies by topic and dog breed. I don't see anything active for Greyhounds right now.  Still, it may be helpful to call  the UC Davis genetics lab directly.  Lucy

Shoo fly, Ma!  :f50:

Ivy, I'm so sorry you got 2 surgeries and a stay at the overnight vet.  :kiss2  I sure hope today will find you doing better and able to come home where we houndies are always happier. :grouphug  Miss Kathy and Mister Jim, I know this is stressful and worrying for you both. Ma and I send owr warmest prayers for good outcomes and swift healing.  And the vet tech has her own Greyhounds and lubs Ivy!  :yay  Talk about being in the best ob hands. :heart

Nate

• Like 1

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Miss Lucy thanks  for the information 

Ivy I hope the rest of last night was kind to you & how great the vet tech taking care of you has greyhounds too.   I have my paws crossed that you come home today.  Miss Kathy mom says your upsets & others illnesses have put you in circuit overdrive. We hope this has ended & you have a boring , calm time going forward.

It is warmer today but not too hot so I think I will take a sunbath

Tootles Bitzi 

• Like 1

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Do you know there is a limit to how many reactions you can use for posts? ((The paw print in the lower right corner ).  Yesterday I was trying to tap a reaction to all the kind posts everyone sent but it told me I had reached my limit for the day!

The vet called me with an update on Ivy.  She said that Ivy had a peaceful night, the drainage seems to have slowed down, and she was able to stand up for her exam.  She did say that Ivy is very nervous, but that’s not unusual at the vet!  They are going to repeat her lab work at noon and if everything is ok we can bring her home later this afternoon. :yay 

Kathy 

• Like 12

Checking on Ivy…sounds like a reasonable report from the Vet  :goodluck

I got the same thing yesterday…Used up all your reactions for the day.

Yes- I got the same Back from riding Patty (most excellent canters today :) ) 

The Widge is braided and the kidlet has a brand new saddle pad!

Off to change my clothes and head to Wendells Celebration.  

Then home to change - 3rd time - and off to the fair.

Whew. 

• Like 2

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

30 minutes ago, Jerilyn said:

Yay for a good Ivy update! And she is gorgeous even when having such a tough time. :wub:

:nod And if her ears are ever straight, we'll know to really worry. :beatheart 

• Haha 6

53827132849_248d9686fd_o.jpg

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds
 Sweep and Willa:heart

Yes! You can use up alla yer “Likes” in no time at all! Riteawayquik! Ask me how I know that. :lol

Yay for continued process with dear Ivy! :beatheart

• Haha 2

Hello my Friendlies!!

Mostly cloudings today with maybe a showering sometime.  It's nice and cool outside is all I care about!!

Well, that's awesome news about Miss Ivy this morning!!  Momma says it's funny how many vetamarian peeples she runs into that have greyhoundies at home.  One of my favorite techs that worked with my ortho leggie docter had greyhoundies too, and she comed into the offiss a couppla times when I was getting treatmints or bannage changes.  The picher of Miss Ivy was really comforting I bet Miss Kathy!!  Tho we were glad to hear her draining had slowed down this morning since we were gonna say it looked still pretty good in the picher.  :kiss2   Momma says rememmer to pick up some yummo foods and treatos cause Miss Ivy is gonna need to take her medicaments with food and probly isn't gonna wanna eat enuff.  :kiss2 

5 hours ago, BatterseaBrindl said:

and wait until the day before your trip to decide.

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!  Mam!!!!  I don't think Miss Lizabeth has waited till the day before anything to plan it!!!  :rofl  ;)  :lol   We hope you have a overall good day, even tho part of it will be kinda sad.  :(  :bighug 

Miss Lizabeth, rememmer to roll up alla your cloves pakking cause it takes up less space!!  :grad  So I'm told anyways.  I don't have any cloves to roll!!  ;)  

Miss Loosy, Momma is gonna try and rememmer to ask my new eye vetamarian about any studies, but maybe if you reememmer next Friedday to remind Momma she saided that!!!  ;)  

Hey Mister Charlie!!  I bet you're a great hosting-er for gests at your house!!  :wave  

We can't wait to hear how things are going at the Crazy Whippet House with Miss Cindy!!  :lol   Momma says that my sisser Lilly was the Fun Poleese at our house.  She didn't even like it when Momma and Daddy hadded a argumint!!  And she would get very upsetted when there was loud houndie play that didn't inclood her!!  Alla us always wear our muzzles outside alla the time anyways, and Momma says that's the only way they prevented injoories a lot of times.  Momma was "kinda" successfull inside with distracting Lilly with good treats or a chew bone and taking her out to herown space when there was inside playing going on.

Nothing much going on around here to talk about.  We are just boring.  <_<  I will chekk back offen today, waiting to hear when Miss Ivy is finally home and relaxing!!  

Wishings for a sensitive Satidday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

so glad to hear ivy's bleeding is under control. We hope she's home already.  

Edited by Jenbo

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

Not home yet!  I called for an update and I'm waiting for the tech to call me back.   He was putting ice packs on her neck when I called.

3 hours ago, greysmom said:

I don't think Miss Lizabeth has waited till the day before anything to plan it!!!  :rofl 

:spoot   :rotfl  You know me so well!  ca1a20_26c5a85a480d474d800c265dd70b9363~  When I went to Thailand I actually had a spreadsheet for packing.

Yes, I was converted to rolling years ago.  Brilliant idea.  I also have no "dead space".  Insides of shoes or firm items are packed with other items.  I'll probably have plenty of room in the case but I am hitting a lot of thrift stores :ph34r

Just hanging around waiting for Ivy to come home. :heart

• Like 1

The vet tech called me back a while ago and said Ivy is comfortable but not eating.   Not even baby food!    He said the vet wants to talk to me about her lab results :unsure   and will call me back when she can.    I wonder if this means another night in the hospital?

• Sad 2

Miss Kathy   :candle

My vet(s) will almost always send greyhounds home if they don't eat.  Says greyhounds are just different that way.  Tell him/her that Ivy is a picky eater anyway and you believe she will eat better at home.

Edited by greysmom

9 minutes ago, greysmom said:

Miss Kathy   :candle

My vet(s) will almost always send greyhounds home if they don't eat.  Says greyhounds are just different that way.  Tell him/her that Ivy is a picky eater anyway and you believe she will eat better at home.

I did tell her that this morning.   We shall see what she will say this afternoon.   I just wonder if something has changed with her bloodwork.  The vet tech did say they were very busy, so I am not surprised that she hasn't called yet.   I don't like making that drive home in the dark though- I don't know the area, although it is not hard to get to the Beltway from there.  I was sooo tired last night when I drove it and that may have been  part of my problem!

• Sad 1