Beckett, the Irish lad

After sharing our lives with 5 perfect greyhounds over the past 16 years, we recently lost our beautiful Emma, who was only 10, to osteo. Our home and hearts were empty without a sweet gentle greyhound. I knew that there were only a couple of tracks in WV that still raced greyhounds, so I thought our chances were slim of even finding another, but I started looking. Then I saw this most handsome sweet face on Petfinder, through Greyhound Friends (Hopkinton, MA). Beckett (Quilty Horace) raced his last race just over 2 months ago in Ireland! He is an absolute sweetheart! He loves greeting everyone he meets, humans and dogs,  with very good manners. He loves his squeaky toys, and today learned the joys of digging a nice cool hole and laying in it, like his predessors always did.  He is a true sighthound on walks, ears erect, looking for any moving little creature, alert to every sound.  He does pull a bit when a squirrel or chipmunk scurries by, but he is easily distracted and moves on with me.  The funny thing is, we went past a bunny across the street, that never moved, and he didn't even notice it. We are so grateful to Greyhound Friends for trusting us with this perfect boy!

download.jpg

• Like 5

Welcome back! And welcome to Beckett! I saw him on the GHF page and thought he would find his forever home quickly! So glad he’s with you! 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

What a sweet sugar face! He's in good company here w/all the Irish greys.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

What a greyt face and a greyt name!  Welcome, Beckett and family!

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Congratulations!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Congratulations Beckett & family.

What a cutie patootie.

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

Congratulations:banana:banana:confetti:confetti

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

• 2 weeks later...